Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i played d4 on launch and it was alright, kinda boring - got to 75 on a druid and quit, haven't played since.

season 3 is a lot better - you can skip the slog of the campaign and then basically get to 50 off the seasonal quest line and a few random things pretty fast. after that getting to 75 was quick with open world / seasonal stuff and a few vaults/nm-dungeons. at that point you have a solid build figured out and start doing boss key farming. then do bosses and higher nm-vaults.

maybe i had more fun this time because i went sorc and had a build that required like 5 uniques (so i wasnt staring at micro % increases for random stats on legendary gear every 2 minutes).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i played d4 on launch and it was alright, kinda boring - got to 75 on a druid and quit, haven't played since.

season 3 is a lot better - you can skip the slog of the campaign and then basically get to 50 off the seasonal quest line and a few random things pretty fast. after that getting to 75 was quick with open world / seasonal stuff and a few vaults/nm-dungeons. at that point you have a solid build figured out and start doing boss key farming. then do bosses and higher nm-vaults.

maybe i had more fun this time because i went sorc and had a build that required like 5 uniques (so i wasnt staring at micro % increases for random stats on legendary gear every 2 minutes).
So you havent played since launch, but then you precede to tell us how you're playing season 3.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have yet to hear the word fun mentioned in any campfire chat or patch update. I feel like all of the updates and changes are basically telling how theyre going to make doing the laundry or dishes more "engaging and dynamic".

I've played every class now to at least 60. And many of them are enjoyable to start, for the first 10-15 hours. But all of them run into that same end game wall where it's all stick, and no carrot.

The people mentioning the dopamine rush from D2(I didn't play d3) are right. Also the lack of trading makes it essentially mmo-singleplayer.

The trading/pvp community it still so strong in D2 that it's kept a site like d2jsp growing. Blizz doesn't even have to create that community themselves, they just need to not have their reatrded game prevent it.

They would have much more engagement if all items, particularly uniques were tradable, and if there was some form of useless currency other than to trade it in.

Part of the allure of finding a shako (or a high rune w/e) in D2 was that even if your already had one, someone else didn't, and maybe they had found an item you needed.

After 24 years how the multiplater of Diablo lost that, is a goddamned tragedy.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
So you havent played since launch, but then you precede to tell us how you're playing season 3.
well season 3 started few weeks ago? so skipping s1 and s2 was my point (which is pretty easy to understand imo)... but yea keep making irrelevant comments on the internet... wait that'll never happen lmao, im responding to a dude with hundreds of hours on this forum alone (loser)

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I have yet to hear the word fun mentioned in any campfire chat or patch update. I feel like all of the updates and changes are basically telling how they're going to make doing the laundry or dishes more "engaging and dynamic".
Exactly! They designed themselves into a corner with their mmo and shop approach. Now you can not have meaningful (and fun) upgrades like in D2 and D3 because that would show that running the same three NMs all day is not exactly a great endgame. I wonder how their "gear rework" will work out. I bet nothing really will change, it will stay with the stats we know and the damage "pools" and stuff.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Exactly! They designed themselves into a corner with their mmo and shop approach. Now you can not have meaningful (and fun) upgrades like in D2 and D3 because that would show that running the same three NMs all day is not exactly a great endgame. I wonder how their "gear rework" will work out. I bet nothing really will change, it will stay with the stats we know and the damage "pools" and stuff.
I actually have no issue with their itemization. There are fewer mods here than the items in D2. It's the lack of trading that kills it.

In D2 the best PVP items (and most valuable) in the game are rare. Circlets, rings, ammys(maybe crafted there). But the opportunity for true chase items exist. And most people will never find one (some of the best ones are worth like 1k+ jah or her runes) but you can find the holy Grail.

I have no interest in doing 10000, not even boss runs in d4, for the opportunity to polish a nickel.

I have spent an absurd amount of time mindlessly playing even single player in d2r to the point I made an enigma in single player. That felt way better than anything in d4

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1709683590771.png

7pm day of release for gauntlet

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Goatface

did my one lap around the gauntlet, certainly not for me.

apparently the leaderboard went from 'you will be able to see everyone's gear' to 'there will be a link to the person current profile' to most everyone is set to private

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
did my one lap around the gauntlet, certainly not for me.

apparently the leaderboard went from 'you will be able to see everyone's gear' to 'there will be a link to the person current profile' to most everyone is set to private
Remember this is the company that turned off stats in OW because information is toxic

• 3Worf

Goatface

1709826176248.png

sorta of beating a dead horse now.

just over 5 weeks till S4, if they really plan on using any feedback from ptr it should come out in a couple of weeks.

Goatface

really didn't care that gauntlet wasn't there at launch. raxxanterax has ranted about that a lot. it would have only rewarded the top 1% and cheaters. rob had shako/godfathers by day 2. one of the unique stones by day 3, the last one did take him a few days. maybe if they fix duping or change boss mats, week1 gauntlet would be interesting.

guess new exploit came out the other day, you can finish gauntlet, port out. reset dungeon and come back. mobs spawn but don't give points. can run around and pull them before clicking on the gate to start. don't think a huge boost for solo, but could be for groups.

edit
i still have only ran it one time, not something i care about at all.

• 2Like

Goatface

1710273213812.png

new gauntlet map and patch today. just a few bug fixes but for some reason it is 4.95gb

for my sad 80k run, got 2 caches with 7 items from 900 to 912. apparently if in the top 100, get 4 caches of 925's. sure everyone with near bis items really didn't those.

edit
also will be a campfire chat next week. now 5 weeks til s4

Last edited:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
View attachment 519388
new gauntlet map and patch today. just a few bug fixes but for some reason it is 4.95gb

for my sad 80k run, got 2 caches with 7 items from 900 to 912. apparently if in the top 100, get 4 caches of 925's. sure everyone with near bis items really didn't those.

edit
also will be a campfire chat next week. now 5 weeks til s4
Itemization revamp gonna be a shitshow, can't wait to read about it :)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf