Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The season I played rogue I thought the Twisting Blades builds were pretty fun, they should really figure out how to build more "sub-builds" around it, but it was a different playstyle. I found it fun but definitely not for everyone.

I'm doing shadow imbue, with dash and twisted blades. Lower levels when shit was harder I would dash in, hit a twisted blades, dash out, let the return damage the group. Now, with the thing where twisted blades circles it's easier to just stand around.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
LE definitely has D4 beat in class builds. LE combat feels like I am not doing anything impactful though. They also need a LOT more to do for endgame. LE still feels like a beta where now D4 feels like a legit release. Toom a year to get there, but it's there.

Here's going to be their issue going forward. Balance. Shit is fun as far as gameplay, but some of these builds are crazy broken. Barb dust devil build being one of the most egregious. Fun as fuck though!

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm doing shadow imbue, with dash and twisted blades. Lower levels when shit was harder I would dash in, hit a twisted blades, dash out, let the return damage the group. Now, with the thing where twisted blades circles it's easier to just stand around.
Yeah thats basically what I did, think it was shadow / poison / shadow step / dash / and something else, was a blast for a while but once I beat UL and then farmed Duriel for hours to get ubers I got bored of it.

I will say playing with a party was way more fun than in POE, I treat that as basically a single player game.

Edit: I'm an idiot, guess my last skill was twisting blades hahahah

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw they added this one to the store. I never played the Hellfire expansion, thought it was not "official"?

Skärmbild 2024-04-07 132638.png

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasn't official, but it had a great buff you could cast that the monk class got that highlighted loot on the ground. I remember nothing else about it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Wasn't official, but it had a great buff you could cast that the monk class got that highlighted loot on the ground. I remember nothing else about it

Bro, something like 10x walking speed in town for everyone was amazing.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I already loved Diablo, but an expansion for it was a no brainer at that age. I just recall seeing Sierra in the ad for one of the magazines I used to get. Not Synergestic, even though its.. the same company or a division of it? Cant tell by what the Wiki is saying. The only reason Sierra hyped me up was because I really enjoyed Kings Quest, Space Quest, Torins Passage, Betrayal in Antarra, the Caesar series, etc. etc. Still have all of those old CD's in a CD Jacket up in dry storage. No idea what Ill do with them, but theyre a nostalgia trip every time Im looking for something else.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Having quick resume on Xbox for a game that is always live and logs you out due to inactivity. Why am I not surprised.

Finished the campaign. What a shit story that managed to highlight every bad design decision. Running around a pointless open world back and forth isn't compelling. Given a horse to skip all the useless shit was he necessary, but proved how dumb the open world concept is.

Difficulty locked until finishing the campaign, which meant everything was ridiculously easy and boring. Fucking retards.

Woah cool open world with tons of content and quests.... Sorry locked to 20 trackable quests. Oh, but map rewards!!!! Locked behind completing the campaign.

The story writing was some of the worst shit I've ever seen. Characters doing inexplicable things that make no sense. Dying because oh look at that pillar of monsters in hell. The sacrifice chick becomes a different character the witch and acts suddenly very different.

The dumb ching chong teaches herself to be a horadrim mage, yeah sure why not. And she is ridiculed correctly for being a dumb twat the whole game, then in the big decision making moment the devs are like fuck the main character and any choice, make the china girl decide. Oh no she took off... Prz buy related upcoming expansion!

The mustard hole sniffers knew nobody would want to sit through their shitty writing so had to try to force people to experience the story campaign. Kind of embarrassing.

Dumpster fire of a game. But am at least past the gated/limited shit so I can start actually playing the game.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Only in the context of books/movies/television can you consider the D4 story "bad". In the context of video games its fine.

• 2WTF

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Only in the context of books/movies/television can you consider the D4 story "bad". In the context of video games its fine.

No. Sorry you have bad taste, but shit is shit.

I mean, there are thousands of absolutely shitty books and movies made every year, so I don't see the point in generalizing them as somehow inherently higher quality or meeting higher standards.

And like books and movies and TV, despite a lot of shit, there are video games with good stories.

The only reasons losers say loser shit like that the idiotic and amateur story of Diablo 4 "in the context of video games is fine" is if you just have bad taste, low standards and are a loser.

Especially because a Diablo story is relatively easy to write. There's evil afoot, track and kill it... Without dumb shit like a main character dying because he's a retard or the chosen hero inexplicably being stripped of agency and letting some annoying brat super whiz Mary Sue trope make the world changing decision. Or, like not very obviously clumsily turning two different characters into one like it's no big deal like they did with the witch.

And maybe don't deliver the story through long sections where the hero is just running listening to voice overs. Or worse fighting during a voice over so you can't hear/follow what's being said.

This story was all angsty emo mood and tone and little actual character motivations or plausible action/plot.

It was a story for retards who listen to rap "music" because they like the best.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Seek medication.

You could explain why the story was good, or fine. You could say that you understand if others didn't like it, but it's not something that bothered you. You could even say something dumb, but true enough, like that everything is subjective.

Instead, your counter argument to someone who believes the story was objectively poor is to cope with a "this is fine" meme worldview and then of course anyone who doesn't conform their beliefs to your reality needs medication?

Or, it's possible the story was absolute dog shit and you may have low standards.

And I love the passive aggressive supercuck response without quoting. It makes me think you mumble displeasure at the wall from the hotel cuck chair when you wife is being railed by another man and if anyone even notices enough to ask if you said something you say nope and then tell yourself it's fine.

Can't just ignore someone you don't like. Can't quote and engage them directly. Nah, just sorta mumble to yourself that there's something wrong with them for disagreeing with you.

Next step: I've never ignored someone but you're getting close mister!!!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Good, bad, doesn't matter. The story was forgettable. I barely remember anything about it.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Considering you defended Suicide Squad too, it's probably best to take this with a grain of salt the size of Texas.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

if anyone plans on playing necro, MacroBioBoi has posted a few vids of stuff that is broken/bugged

Chris

Potato del Grande
The Diablo 3 story was aggressively insulting and cliched. All the antagonists spoke with the sane cartoon villian voice which damaged them all.

Diablo 4 was just generic, so it was an improvement. Mephisto was an interesting character. It's telling that the Lorath voice actor became a critically acclaimed voice actor... a month later for FF16.

You really can't flame the D4 story after the abortion of the D3 story. Regardless these kinds of games need a strong setting and light story - see D2, Path of Exile or Elden Ring.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Being completely forgettable usually falls into the "bad" category.
Usually. But it could be bad in a fun campy/schlocky way, or it could be mostly bad but with some really awesome set pieces here or there. But it's just bleh.