Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I used to work at electronics boutique (EBX in mall of America) when I was going to college and we weren't allowed to sell magazines after the new issue came out so we were always left with giant stacks of them. Obviously there were the duds with 500 hours of America online cds but plenty of them had game demos.

Slightly unrelated but we ended up being friends with the owner of this steak house across the hall as well as the people at haagen dasz so prettymuch everyday is get free steak and ice cream.
Shit, you were living the dream.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

At EBX we always had reps come in and give us all kinds of freebies. A lot of times it was just stupid TGIF type flair (pins, stickers, etc) but plenty of them gave out free games and collector stuff. I remember when phantom menace came out the Lucas arts rep came by and gave me Jedi power battles (which was kind of a lame duck of a game but I'm a sucker for side scroller beat em ups) and this super cool pewter statue of qui-gon jinn.

Reps came to the regular EB stores as well. Our Nintendo rep was always super nice and brought in cool swag for the people there. I have some porcelain bobble head Link standing on a GameCube buried somewhere that they gave to me. They also handed out these super soft GameCube shirts that we wore for some company promo thing (midnight GameCube launch I think), but it was my favorite comfy tshirt for years

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do the Gamestop stores still have traveling reps like that from Nintendo? Sony? etc.? We had 6 game stops when I first moved back to this town. Now we have 2 and they look like a Hobby / Pawn Shop more so than what a Babbages looked like. Extra weird when you realize they are literally across the road from each other in different shopping centers.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do the Gamestop stores still have traveling reps like that from Nintendo? Sony? etc.? We had 6 game stops when I first moved back to this town. Now we have 2 and they look like a Hobby / Pawn Shop more so than what a Babbages looked like. Extra weird when you realize they are literally across the road from each other in different shopping centers.
i would imagine it depends on the location. the one i worked at mall of america we had reps come in every month or so, but the one i worked at in Racine, WI we never had a single rep come in.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
yeah it's been a pretty steady decline ever since lol

You have us always buddy!

200.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the perks were great there. Specifically at EBX, as it was the flagship store of electronics boutique. After college I worked at a local electronics boutique (that turned into a GameStop) for a bit and it was way different.

At EBX we always had reps come in and give us all kinds of freebies. A lot of times it was just stupid TGIF type flair (pins, stickers, etc) but plenty of them gave out free games and collector stuff. I remember when phantom menace came out the Lucas arts rep came by and gave me Jedi power battles (which was kind of a lame duck of a game but I'm a sucker for side scroller beat em ups) and this super cool pewter statue of qui-gon jinn.

For the life of me I can't remember which rep it was, maybe Rare? They always brought cool stuff but they'd always take the manager and asst manager out for dinner and the strip club. I was the third key, so basically the assistant assistant manager so normally I would have gone with them but I was going to a private Christian college as a pastoral studies major so they refused to take me lol.

Which was fine, the strippers in Minneapolis were pretty trashy. The kind that you might get hep-c just by walking through the front door.

Anyway, my PC is dying so I barely got to play the beta. I'm debating on picking up a PS5 and playing it on that... Is there ANY word on further beta weekends? How many did they do for d3? Just one or two? I can rrmember

Haha! I worked at Software Etc when I was in high school and the 1st year of college - every once in a while they would bring me over to the gamestop at MoA.

One time I was given a Nintendo Apron and paid $5.00 an hour to play Super Castlevania on the SNES. I was the world's first streamer - technically.

The check out program was hilarious. Sign out a game, copy it, bring it back, shrink wrap it, sold as new. Oh hey a 3DO? We can check that out too? Sweet! And during downtimes you are playing Magic The Gathering with your co worker. (Revision set back then - Ice Age was just coming out)

Those were the days. Learned also to never date chicks that worked in the mall - 3 dates - all were nuts. Especially the ones that worked in the Candy Shop or Movie Theaters.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What does OW2 do? Good, bad, ugly?
A link with full details if you want examples.

But essentially, putting in a lot of cosmetic shit like voice lines, emotes, armor skins, weapon skins, titles, armor dyes, etc. Just like most other Battle Passes - but the reason I brought OW2 up was because the Premium tier gave the new hero immediately. Whereas you had to get to tier 55 to get access to the new hero through the freemium battle pass. Someone else made a good point though, in that if you think of this like Bobby - it would be dumb to even put a class into the battle pass at all. Just make it a separate purchase and have incentives that pair extremely well with the class in the battle pass. So the player will feel like they need to purchase the battle pass as well, when they purchase the new class. Bobby wouldnt give up an opportunity to double dip, of course.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

And what does this tell us...

Tells us with nothing else to play right now, a lot of hope was pinned on a popular franchise hoping Blizzard wasn't going to fall off their ass like they have been doing for the last 5 years.

Would love to see the numbers without the open beta combined with the closed who had to preorder to get access.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It tells me that I should not expect to play on day 1. But still pumped.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To make you feel better, 10,163,397 died to Ashava during 107,425 kills.

10 people dying per world boss tracks off what I saw doing it. They also said 1 person almost soloed it...was it a streamer?
That I don't know how to read data sets?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It tells me that I should not expect to play on day 1. But still pumped.

Yeah no chance in hell, probably into 2nd and 3rd day will be intermittent. Anyone not expecting serious problems is delusional.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users