Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

And what does this tell us...

By the numbers, it looks like 2 mil boxes sold in additional presales rumor for this beta holds water. As we now can see from Blizzard's official figures that 2.6mil players got over level 20 and played/consumed a majority of content. Further we can assume that anyone over level 20 had completed Act 1.

2.6 million players can be assumed to have finished Act 1 on at least one character.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
By the numbers, it looks like 2 mil boxes sold in additional presales rumor for this beta holds water. As we now can see from Blizzard's official figures that 2.6mil players got over level 20 and played/consumed a majority of content. Further we can assume that anyone over level 20 had completed Act 1.

2.6 million players can be assumed to have finished Act 1 on at least one character.
Thanks

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mist Mist Keep that same energy you dumb bitch.

1680216172935.png

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do we know what premium currency will buy?
Sounds like it's for the armor skins, back items, pets, mounts, etc. that are always up for sale instead of being part of a particular season. Like PoE's normal shop vs. supporter packs.

Argarth

On the verandah

Obviously didn't get to see all the content Force did, and without paraphrasing the video, the first 15 minutes is basically me to a tee.

Can't fucking wait, miss it already, and can't be bothered to play anything else...

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I

How do you get sales numbers out of those figures? It was a free beta.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How do you get sales numbers out of those figures? It was a free beta.

That's true, I guess I forgot how many millions HATED their D4 experience enough to ignore the in-game BUY NOW splash screen.

4/10 game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I still haven't bought the game.

It's going to be good, but not great. I don't need to spend $90 to obliterate 400+ productive hours of my life.

Vorph

That's true, I guess I forgot how many millions HATED their D4 experience enough to ignore the in-game BUY NOW splash screen.
80% buy-in from beta participation seems like a bit of a stretch. Especially if you really did mean "additional" (as in, 2 million new preorders on top of whatever they had prior to the beta).

Personally I got multiple characters to 25 and spent a stupid amount of time playing sorc the first weekend. Had little to no desire to check out necro on week 2 so I didn't load the game up at all besides checking a couple things out with 32GB of RAM installed. It's a decent enough game and I liked it more than I expected to, but now that it seems pretty likely that courts are going to tell Sony to go fuck themselves and let the MS/Activision deal happen I will just wait for it to show up on Game Pass. (For reference it took less than a week for Bethesda's catalog to show up when MS bought them out.)

Still have massive concerns about endgame mostly being "nightmare" versions of dungeons that were extremely shitty the first time through, however.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
80% buy-in from beta participation seems like a bit of a stretch. Especially if you really did mean "additional" (as in, 2 million new preorders on top of whatever they had prior to the beta).

Personally I got multiple characters to 25 and spent a stupid amount of time playing sorc the first weekend. Had little to no desire to check out necro on week 2 so I didn't load the game up at all besides checking a couple things out with 32GB of RAM installed. It's a decent enough game and I liked it more than I expected to, but now that it seems pretty likely that courts are going to tell Sony to go fuck themselves and let the MS/Activision deal happen I will just wait for it to show up on Game Pass. (For reference it took less than a week for Bethesda's catalog to show up when MS bought them out.)

Still have massive concerns about endgame mostly being "nightmare" versions of dungeons that were extremely shitty the first time through, however.
Sure would appreciate some more "procedural generation" in the dungeons - but it is what it is. That video linked above made a good point about Butcher and I really hope that the rest of the game has some low chance events like his.

Also, from my understanding - there is still a pile of shit that needs to take place now that they likely wont receive anymore pushback. So you may be waiting a while.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I still haven't bought the game.

It's going to be good, but not great. I don't need to spend $90 to obliterate 400+ productive hours of my life.
But isn't that exactly what we do and why all of us are here.

I haven't preordered yet either, and I only played the last day of beta, but it feels like the game I most want to play. I almost didn't even try the beta intending to just pass on it, but I did enjoy it. I'm not sure what it is that I actually enjoyed though.

Vorph

Also, from my understanding - there is still a pile of shit that needs to take place now that they likely wont receive anymore pushback. So you may be waiting a while.
Yeah, I don't expect it to get finalized before June, but if it's like the Bethesda deal all the documents are signed and the actual deal will close within a day or so of the last approval.

Not in any rush to play it anyway, if anything letting them iron out the shitty parts of the game in the first season or two is a good thing.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I don't expect it to get finalized before June, but if it's like the Bethesda deal all the documents are signed and the actual deal will close within a day or so of the last approval.

Not in any rush to play it anyway, if anything letting them iron out the shitty parts of the game in the first season or two is a good thing.

Didn't the "quality" of the D3 experience take a dive at the start with schizo devs in charge? It wasn't until RoS, and the game director got fired things really ironed out to final product.

You could be waiting years to play D4.

Animosity

As someone who doesnt know shit about Battle Passes, is it essentially using a krono for EQ Live? Gives you additional benefits.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll definitely be holding out my purchase until I hear from some trusted reviews. There's nothing in here that grabs me and unlike wow which is literally the only good dungeon crawler on the market, diablo isn't the best arpg on the market and certainly not something, from what I've seen so far, i want to dump 100s of hours into. For those of you buying it for the single player experience, more power to you. I'll stick with my incredibly long backlog of critically acclaimed single player games. Fuck that reminds me I have to beat Zelda before the new one.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Didn't see this mentioned about the BP. Basically xp boosts and premium currency among the obvious cosmetics. Do we know what premium currency will buy?

I'm going to go with Diablo Immortal on this one. The Battlepass currency was very loosely tied to soft power in Immortal. I'd expect D4 to use the exact same system to incentivize the Battlepass.

Buying an Immortal battlepass didn't provide hard player power at all, HOWEVER it did provide currency that could be used toward soft player power.

Stuff like +4 stat boosts per spend, little things like that. Things that don't actually affect overall balance or player power in the big picture, but can accumulate and build up a stat enhancement item based on that currency.

Someone with several seasons of this currency boost from the battlepass might end up being slightly stronger than someone who never bought it, essentially.

People who think D4 won't have soft player power tied to the Battlepass at all are probably delusional. I'll call it right now that currency used to upgrade items will also be able to be obtained from the Battlepass in small amounts. The salvage materials of the higher level, may be given as bonuses on the Battlepass for example.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Argarth

On the verandah
^^ They've stated categorically a number of times, that you can't buy player power in D4. Calling it soft, medium, hard or some other dumb term doesn't change anything.

Your entire post can be reduced to one sentence - "I still think they're lying, and if you don't agree, you're probably delusional."

What was the ""probably"' for? Is that your escape clause? LMAO you must be bored to write this drivel.

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
or you must be bored to write this drivel.

Not wrong.

Immortal was pay2win, and people who were playing seriously stopped buying the battlepass. We're talking about something that'd translate to nearly 0 advantage over another player.

If you understood the system you'd understand how Blizzard can claim there's no power on the pass. The Immortal pass became a joke even if you wanted to buy it. The currency could have been argued to have 0 power from day 1. And it did.

There's ways to put weak currency rewards on the pass that some might consider adding to player power. It amounted to absolutely nothing in Immortal compared to a normal free pass. Near identical, yet not.

Chris Chris can attest to more on that.

• 1Like