Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What rogue looks like on the world boss. Not a serious video title.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Rolled a lightning sorc without reading what others have said about them - quite a bit of fun.
I went for hardcore veteran and made it to 25 today; can take down just about everything, although the Butcher forces me to TP - he just has too much health.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Lovin it. Played 10 hours today without realizing it. No crashes, minor lag a few times.

World boss can suck my asshole.

My Murder machine...

MurD4Barb.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried to 100% the map discovery but can't find the last "fog of war".

Tried some Rogue but not feeling melee and usally never do in the Diablo games. Will most likely play Necromancer so looking forward to next weekend.

Besides the day one login issues I haven't had a single hickup, no queue and no disconnects.

Edit: Found the missing area, was right at a sidequest marker that hid it. :p

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Can you not unlock the Barbarian Weapon Technique in beta? It wants me to go waaaay to the west well outside the area allowed.

Aazrael

I missed the Sorc enchantment while playing. Got it now at 25 and made Fireball enchanted and it made a world of difference.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, got to mess around on sorc a bit. Did like it. Going to wait for retail before I start putting any serious time into it. Loved the setting. Loved the combat. Was totally out of my element on the skill tree, so only had 1 button until I did everything flame bolt. Then I took 1 rank of chain lightning and nearly shit myself at how easy everything became.

Vorph

Speaking of technical issues, I have to say it irritates me that I downloaded the 'Ultra 4K' textures pack to the tune of 80GB instead of 40, but in game I'm not even allowed to select anything above Medium. And frankly, at 3440x1440 Medium often looks like utter ass that I would bitch about even if I was playing the game on my Series S rather than my PC. I could accept it if ultra required a 12/16/24/whatever GB card (and stated it clearly before letting you download it) but there's no reason an 8GB GPU shouldn't be able to at least use High texture quality.

Edit: Apparently "high" is actually the optional texture pack and there is no Ultra. They really need to make another setting in between 'console shit meant to be seen from 8' away' and 'brand new top tier PC'. Even more bizarre according to reddit, getting locked out of High is currently based on RAM, not VRAM... which makes absolutely no fucking sense at all.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
None of these legendaries' names will be remembered, same as D3. Watching this video, it looks like a reskin of fucking D23 with 'better' graphics but nothing ground breaking. The fight looks and smells like D3, the floating combat text, the way to loot dropped, his inventory, it's all D3, with a darker palette and feel.

Aazrael

Thats because Legendaries aren't very special. Uniques are the really rare and possible build defining items. If I understand it correctly.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
None of these legendaries' names will be remembered, same as D3. Watching this video, it looks like a reskin of fucking D23 with 'better' graphics but nothing ground breaking. The fight looks and smells like D3, the floating combat text, the way to loot dropped, his inventory, it's all D3, with a darker palette and feel.
Even if that were all there was to the game it would be enough for me to buy in. The diablo games have always been iterative upgrades.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's what they did with D3, Sets were the build defining items ,and they completley pigeon holed everyone into playing the exact same items and farming was just about + paragon and + gooder on the exact same items.

This seems headed exactly the same way.

I'm not asking every new AARPG to have the insane diversity of builds POE has because that's just unrealistic, but there HAS to be a middle of the road compromise between D3 and POE, this isn't headed that way from what i can tell, this is headed exactly the D3 way. Blues and yellows are going to be crafting 'mats' fodder, legendaries are going to be the uniques of D2 but more uninspired and completely useless since not tradeable and usable at lower levels, and the new flavor will be the build defining items that sets were, which will limit the number of builds possible per class to a handful.

Bind on equip, bind on account, dailies, weeklies etc have no fucking place in AARPG.

Vorph

People have been saying "oh legendaries are just there to rip the orange stat off and put it onto a rare" but in my experience the stats rolled on the legendary are vastly more useful than what rolls on any rare I've seen. Like getting up to 3 different +1 skills affixes for example (and not just +1 to one skill, it's mainly been +1 to the whole tier of skills). I think the best rare I've seen so far has had +1 to two individual skills and that's it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The legendaries are not unique, they're just powerful random items to use for a while, that you can then extract the legendary power from, to put on other better items sometime later.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
People have been saying "oh legendaries are just there to rip the orange stat off and put it onto a rare" but in my experience the stats rolled on the legendary are vastly more useful than what rolls on any rare I've seen. Like getting up to 3 different +1 skills affixes for example (and not just +1 to one skill, it's mainly been +1 to the whole tier of skills). I think the best rare I've seen so far has had +1 to two individual skills and that's it.
Yes but there are rares with more affixes later on. They should make rares with more affixes a different color, it would make managing loot a lot easier.

• 2Like