Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah 2 - haven't bothered with 1.

Maybe my gear is just better but I feel like my single target is even better than my sorc.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Watching Asmonwhore simp for the 100$ big mac is a true black pill

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait is this on PS4? Anyone playing it on that?

Is Open Beta next weekend for everyone or just people who preordered?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's what they did with D3, Sets were the build defining items ,and they completley pigeon holed everyone into playing the exact same items and farming was just about + paragon and + gooder on the exact same items.

This seems headed exactly the same way.

I'm not asking every new AARPG to have the insane diversity of builds POE has because that's just unrealistic, but there HAS to be a middle of the road compromise between D3 and POE, this isn't headed that way from what i can tell, this is headed exactly the D3 way. Blues and yellows are going to be crafting 'mats' fodder, legendaries are going to be the uniques of D2 but more uninspired and completely useless since not tradeable and usable at lower levels, and the new flavor will be the build defining items that sets were, which will limit the number of builds possible per class to a handful.

Bind on equip, bind on account, dailies, weeklies etc have no fucking place in AARPG.
Have you even played D3? Legendary items are huge and imagine people that play the game can name off dozens as they can be as build defining as the sets. There's entire builds that use nothing but legendary items.

I do agree that what we've seen of D4 legendaries, they're boring as shit so hopefully there's something later.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Have you even played D3? Legendary items are huge and imagine people that play the game can name off dozens as they can be as build defining as the sets. There's entire builds that use nothing but legendary items.

I do agree that what we've seen of D4 legendaries, they're boring as shit so hopefully there's something later.
It sounds like "Legendary" is WoW: Shadowlands crafted legendaries and not Diablo 3 "Legendary".

Diablo 3 "Legendary" was Diablo 2 "Unique" and it seems like Diablo 4 will have Uniques.

So they just added a new teir of item even though Magic items are useless and could have been removed to make space.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It sounds like "Legendary" is WoW: Shadowlands crafted legendaries and not Diablo 3 "Legendary".

Diablo 3 "Legendary" was Diablo 2 "Unique" and it seems like Diablo 4 will have Uniques.

So they just added a new teir of item even though Magic items are useless and could have been removed to make space.
Common and Uncommon items have a couple hours of shelf life on them. The noobie experience and those rarities may last longer in retail, but I doubt it. At level 25, disregarding Legendary drops - for every 10 drops, 7 are Rare, 2 are Uncommon, 1 is common. So you're not bogged down by a rainbow of shit dropping. Just bogged down by a hoard of useless fucking rares instead. What you can do with the the loot is pretty cool. But spending about 30 seconds every 10 minutes looking through each piece in your inventory for what may or may not be an upgrade is just... awful. Thats why I was agreeing with Mists take.

Theres supposedly more to it than what we saw in beta, isnt there?

Wait is this on PS4? Anyone playing it on that?

Is Open Beta next weekend for everyone or just people who preordered?
Ya. Open for all and you can play Necro and Druid too. (You couldnt this weekend.)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Common and Uncommon items have a couple hours of shelf life on them. The noobie experience and those rarities may last longer in retail, but I doubt it. At level 25, disregarding Legendary drops - for every 10 drops, 7 are Rare, 2 are Uncommon, 1 is common. So you're not bogged down by a rainbow of shit dropping. Just bogged down by a hoard of useless fucking rares instead. What you can do with the the loot is pretty cool. But spending about 30 seconds every 10 minutes looking through each piece in your inventory for what may or may not be an upgrade is just... awful. Thats why I was agreeing with Mists take.

Theres supposedly more to it than what we saw in beta, isnt there?

Ya. Open for all and you can play Necro and Druid too. (You couldnt this weekend.)
Thanks for the info.

They should just have magic items be what you can buy from shops or even crafted gear, with the advantage being that you can basically choose the stats to fill in any gaps in your gear.

No point them dropping at all. If they want them for crafting, just directly drop the crafting currency.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The choice between selling stuff for gold and salvaging it is very real, at least at these levels.

At this point my only chokepoints for upgrades is gold, not mats, and selling items for gold is the best way to get gold fast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The choice between selling stuff for gold and salvaging it is very real, at least at these levels.

At this point my only chokepoints for upgrades is gold, not mats, and selling items for gold is the best way to get gold fast.
Im kind of curious how the worth of them got figured out because item level doesnt seem to depict its worth. A Legendary may sell for 12k gold, or it may sell for 56 gold. That is also a good point about upgrading - its a system that encourages and wants you to use it early in the leveling process. But why would anyone in their right mind spend the significant amount of money it takes to upgrade an item? Especially with no certainty that an upgrade may or may not drop in the very next pack of mobs. If it is related to the item power then it is just far too expensive.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Im kind of curious how the worth of them got figured out because item level doesnt seem to depict its worth. A Legendary may sell for 12k gold, or it may sell for 56 gold. That is also a good point about upgrading - its a system that encourages and wants you to use it early in the leveling process. But why would anyone in their right mind spend the significant amount of money it takes to upgrade an item? Especially with no certainty that an upgrade may or may not drop in the very next pack of mobs. If it is related to the item power then it is just far too expensive.
They're 3+ months out from release, I can't imagine any of that stuff is final.

That said, I really hope this game gets delayed only because I don't want to play this kind of game in the summer, I'll waste the only 2 months this shithole state is actually nice.

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Nothing has seemed changed as for class balancing and itemization from the closed end game beta. I'm guessing the time spent was wrappings up incomplete things in the game to meet the release date.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Watching Asmonwhore simp for the 100$ big mac is a true black pill
He says if you're not a streamer using it for content like he is you're a complete retard tho.

Asmon is a multimillionaire radio show host. Technically. Shit like this is the cost of doing business for him. Lol.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the game simply because it has Fireball Explosion passive, and the Artillery Shrine. Someone one that dev team knows about fun.

• 1Picard

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
As long as
I like the game simply because it has Fireball Explosion passive, and the Artillery Shrine. Someone one that dev team knows about fun.
No way, this can't be right. Some people on here think otherwise.

• 2Picard
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Wait so you like a game based on a fire explosion trait with an artillery thing, basically anything designed since 1923. You are the perfect reason why Ghostbusters female remake happened.

• 2Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It really only takes a fixation for one specific skill to get you into an ARPG. I played Spectral Throw every league in PoE, found a way to make it work no matter what the 'meta' was.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Wait so you like a game based on a fire explosion trait with an artillery thing, basically anything designed since 1923. You are the perfect reason why Ghostbusters female remake happened.
I only played WD and monk pet builds in D3 for like the first 10 or so seasons before I got tired of remaking them every few months and shelved it. Coming back this latest season and rolling DH for speed farming has been balls to the wall fun, and the altar has completely upended the game. Character archetypes are a big staple in ARPGs and in Diablo specifically. Who here doesn't remember their favorite builds from D1 and D2?

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They're 3+ months out from release, I can't imagine any of that stuff is final.

That said, I really hope this game gets delayed only because I don't want to play this kind of game in the summer, I'll waste the only 2 months this shithole state is actually nice.

My guess is they had the whole team on act 1 lvl 1-25 for the last year and now they have 75% of the game to polish out and finish. I'd bet a delay is inevitable.