Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Source is the 25+ people in my DI immortal clan whose opinions I trust who all played the other betas and tested endgame and echoed the same thing exactly: Necro blazes through the early game and by end game you’re going to be switching to Druid or Barb for the higher difficulities.

But like Punko said, balance changes everything. Apparently not very much has changed yet balance wise but if people think open beta Act 1 Necro is a sign that the class is lolzeasy they’re in for a rude awakening end game assuming nothing further changes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait hold the fuck up.

My druid has melee splash on all his weapon attacks, even just the default attack - as in he can hit multiple enemies at once if they are close enough.

How in the fuck does barbarian not get this? I have to goddamn namelock individual enemies with every basic attack i get

Quoting myself because holy fuck this class is unplayable.

Why in the fuck does fury degen? It's literally the same resource system of generators and spenders as every other class, but mine has to degen because uh, fury degened in wow too?

But more importantly, first bat swarm? lol, have fun namelocking each one of them with your builder skill cause your fury degened while you running through random open space.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Source is the 25+ people in my DI immortal clan whose opinions I trust who all played the other betas and tested endgame and echoed the same thing exactly: Necro blazes through the early game and by end game you’re going to be switching to Druid or Barb for the higher difficulities.

But like Punko said, balance changes everything. Apparently not very much has changed yet balance wise but if people think open beta Act 1 Necro is a sign that the class is lolzeasy they’re in for a rude awakening end game assuming nothing further changes.
Not sure if I'm more surprised you were in an Immortal clan or there were 25 other people willing to play that game.

But yea lets not do the ol' balance sucks at 25 thing. Although Barb does sound god fucking awful to play. I mean shit at least make it fun? I want to try, but also no.

Druid feels pretty good so far. RPing a shapeshifting beefcake somehow feels lore appropriate?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Disconnect #5 in the last 4 hours. Unfortunate. The best ones are the error code after the queue goes through.

Never change, Blizzard.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I’m not going to defend DI; I and others have wrote extensively enough regarding both the good and bad regarding that game. I do want to point out some irony though in that it seems like everyone loves to shit on DI without even playing it yet many of those same people are so eager to get their hands on D4 oblivious that DI probably has more in common with D4 than both D2 and D3 do.

…Which is why I still believe the game is going to be total shit outside of the story (hopefully), lore, and cutscenes.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not sure if I'm more surprised you were in an Immortal clan or there were 25 other people willing to play that game.

But yea lets not do the ol' balance sucks at 25 thing. Although Barb does sound god fucking awful to play. I mean shit at least make it fun? I want to try, but also no.

Druid feels pretty good so far. RPing a shapeshifting beefcake somehow feels lore appropriate?

Yea barb just feels like shit.

I started with druid and even the basic no skill at all attack had a cleave arc to it before I even allocated the first skill point. In what world does your melee monster big physical barbarian character not have some kind of built in cleave or splash?

Why is fury the same resource as spirit or essence but fury degens for some reason?

Why does it feel better to melee things on a necro or druid than it does on a barbarian?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
DC'd in Light's Watch dungeon 2 times now in the same spot, it's just south of Kyovashad. Think I won't be trying a 3rd time and skip it for now

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Yea barb just feels like shit.

I started with druid and even the basic no skill at all attack had a cleave arc to it before I even allocated the first skill point. In what world does your melee monster big physical barbarian character not have some kind of built in cleave or splash?

Why is fury the same resource as spirit or essence but fury degens for some reason?

Why does it feel better to melee things on a necro or druid than it does on a barbarian?
Barb feels wayyyy fucking better once you have deathblow and decent gear. Also, you should mainly be using 2handers for almost every skill.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really hope they add a class every few seasons, whatever they want to charge for it is fine with me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm pretty surprised paladin isn't in the base roster over druid tbh, no one ever gave a shit about druids in d2

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty surprised paladin isn't in the base roster over druid tbh, no one ever gave a shit about druids in d2
I actually mained a druid in LOD until I was converted to the power of Barb for bloody runs and then I saw a friend doing cow runs on a Javazon and was like wtf.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeah its weird to me too. Especially given how much they reference the "light" and religious beliefs so far in the story. Having no "holy" class is strange. And a good counterpoint to necro.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I think the fact that the "light" is so heavily involved in the plot may be why we arent seeing a cleric/paladin in this initial release of classes. This whole deal where you are being introduced to the Light and faith and Inarius etc. would be really weird if you were already supposed to be a holy warrior of the light.

Then again its a bit weird that everyone is perfectly fine with some emo dude rolling up to the main cathedral with a posse of undead behind him, so maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

(Got Necro to 25 tonight and good lord in heaven is it OP at this stage. Im sure its something that can be adjusted and it must be hard to balance having all those pets running around, but everything just melted around me when I had most of my skill points in +pet stuff)

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Barb feels wayyyy fucking better once you have deathblow and decent gear. Also, you should mainly be using 2handers for almost every skill.

Druid with two-hander (Werebear or Werewolf) is just a better barbarian than the Barbarian at the moment.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users