Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Regarding to necro being op in early game, and in the endgame:
Blood all the way with 1 minion, or maybe Bone.
Full minions only if they've changed them to be more efficient at killing mobs. Their damage was okay in endgame beta, but their AI wasn't good and specific Elite affix combos made them useless (there is "Barrier" one, that makes ranged attacks to do 0 damage if not inside it) or killed them fast, it also was very very dependent on gear and paragon boards.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well there are some things that dont scale. I came across a stronghold, I was level 8, the mobs were 15. Was brutal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Druid with two-hander (Werebear or Werewolf) is just a better barbarian than the Barbarian at the moment.
Ya doesn't surprise me but barb is honestly still pretty solid and deathblow definitely makes a massive difference.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Playing through the story yet again and listening to the wolf that talks to you, I am getting a Zoltan Khuul (sp?) vibe from him. The voice also sounds really close as well.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Corpse explosion having zero casting cost and no cooldown whatsoever is so fucking dumb lol. So insanely broken.

Naah Broken is Blood mist legendary that explodes all of the ones your mist touches while making you invuln and regenning your health LMAO that is comically absurd

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Naah Broken is Blood mist legendary that explodes all of the ones your mist touches while making you invuln and regenning your health LMAO that is comically absurd
Lol wtf. Ya I haven't seen too many aspects yet and every single one I've gotten so far is shadow damage stuff. I've actually opted out of skellies and CE entirely to try and increase difficulty a little but I'm just still steamrolling. Game is probably just way to ez til atleast nightmare.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got a unique with a mod that double procs blood blast AoE. If necro wasn’t easy enough… it is full screen as well. Got a decent thorns build going with defenders and Iron maiden curse with 3 points into natural thorns.
So even if I am out of spender I Curse to get most of it back and they die by attacking.

Fun game but, still on the fence because this is blizzard and not sure if the MMO stuff feels fun or not.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Necro is hilarious fun. Just constant booming corpse explosions with a few obvious synergies. I really like it from a pure mindless destruction angle. I can see it being the trash mob killer king but not so sure it will do as well against endgame bosses. I've already had a few cases where minions get stuck or don't do much. But then again I'm just using them for the fun factor anyway. They should make you play Necro to unlock Barb so you don't quit thinking the game sucks. Druid up next I suppose.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Played a Druid for a while tonight. Full Bear mode for skills. I am actually surprised he is pretty good. Takes too long to kill Bosses, but at least I can survive. Like the Barb, I spend all my time dodging shit instead of dpsing. Casters def have a huge advantage.

Still weak as fuck compared to Sorc and Necro though.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Assuming minions power fall off during endgame due to crazy resistance boss, I wonder how effective blood/fortify + corpse explosion/light minion is, without any legendary.

Bone is a bit too heavy on essence consumption

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Clicked through initial settings and the game was in some ching chong language. Had to delete save and restart which meant back in the queue.

Rogue has been more fun than OP Necro and melee feels like melee which is nice compared to D3 where melee always sorta felt like close up spells. Getting through regular content no problem almost to the point the game is too easy, but bosses or most events with harder high hp mobs just rape me or takes forever with endlessly dodging and running. Getting not fun.

Karzma Abomination or whatever at the end of the quarry was lame trying to do pure melee rogue. Fucker would swing and I would dodge or evade, and his swing animation would just spin to still hit me even on the skill that teleports behind. Seemed immune to everything I tried. Finally just quit because widdling some high hp boss down when nothing works just isn't fun or very good game design.

When able to cheese or mow shit down the game is fun, but anything that takes any skill or thought is when lazy or bullshit game design really comes through.

Harvesting nodes that pop the mats behind you so you have to turn around to pick them up. Why? Just why?

Hopefully it's free on gamepass in the future, because that's where it deserves to be as a kinda fun but mostly pretty uninspired effort.

And camera always feels too close or too far away. It's like never quite right. Maybe it feels too high and would be better showing character from the side just a bit more? I dunno always feels off.

Overall just sorta shrug worthy.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I was DC central for a while (6+ times, probaly 3 hours total waiting at the queue screen today) while my buddy was started playing much later today was fine, not a single DC at all. Weird and I wonder if there was some scenario/code test they were doing today. Seems unusual for some to disconn so often and others not at all, and then disconn so fully they need to completely relaunch the game. That sounds like they are testing some else, like DDOS session hijack prevention or something Not thats it of course, just seems super weird to make you reauthenticate again after getting disconned back to character selection screen.

I can believe that Necro fades mid/late. It just burns so bright at the start, a lot of people aren't going to be able to see past that and scream for the nerf bat, particularly given the disparity with the Barb and the much better shape of the Druid vis a vis his previous weight Halfthor compatriot.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well there are some things that dont scale. I came across a stronghold, I was level 8, the mobs were 15. Was brutal.

I tried it a bunch of times at level 9. Had fun and was a good learning experience. Several spam runs on the boss trying different strats. I still think I could have got it.

Came back at level 15 later and I was never in danger.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Necro minions benefit from your main passives, so I loaded up on thorns with the chance to hit everything when thorns procs and had the barrier / invul passives as well. By 25 I was just walking around ans evedything was dying from trying to gank my skellies and promptly killing themselves and their friends.

• 1Faggotry

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Boy it sure is...dark in this character select screen

View attachment 465544

maxresdefault.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I guess maybe I'm just not jaded enough? I never thought a million years they would do this to Diablo, even current year Blizzard.

Like it breaks the entire core of the game. I'm sitting here dicking with this and I can just reset the very first event in the game over and over and gain just as much xp/item progression as I would doing any of the dungeons, or content located "further" in to the game. There's no power fantasy possible in a system like this, and all your character progression is bordering on just being false? Like there's no goal to reach, or breakpoint I need to hit to clear difficult areas or mobs, because all areas and mobs are always equally powerful.

Im going to take us all to a time way back.

When you could remember what blizzard used to be. When the people were still there. The folks that cared about making a great game. I know all of us old farts remember those days. No matter what.

This and this alone was the last production value that meant anything to a company that is so far fucking gone now.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Barb really doesn't feel bad to me, I dunno why everyone is bashing on it so hard. Up to level 13 now, using lunge, whirlwind and ground stomp. Only times I haven't enjoyed it so far were the very first couple levels where it just felt weird having lunge as my literal only attack option and when I did the broodguard fight in the aspect dungeon (but I think that's just an annoying AF fight design and not a barbarian issue. "lol get cc'd 4500 times and knocked back 2 full screens as another 3second cc whenever the spider doesn't want you to hit it any more" blegh).

Haven't played the other classes so maybe they're stronger than barb but I don't get annoyed or turned off by playing barb so who cares, there's always stronger vs weaker, especially in early game.

As far as the stuttering/hitching/whatever, it was doing it again this morning so the driver update didn't help me. Only tried high and low this morning, no medium, but it started doing it on high again after about 30 minutes of playing. Doesn't seem to do it on low, only when i'm entering new zones which other people have said happens too and is probably just loading issues. It's very similar to that when it was doing it to me on high graphics but it will do it even with i'm just moving around in a dungeon or wherever so it shouldn't be slow loading things in those cases.