Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hate to say it, but only 6/10 with upside. If they can get this butch running better for the average joe and have some truly unique…uniques, well I can see it being really fun to try a build, upgrade the unique, and hit some power spikes. Definitely potential, but feels less polished than D3 and fuck that story in the ass I don’t care

D3 season 29 is going to hit hard too.

That alone knocks a whole full point off D4.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would be very surprised if they don't delay the game as it is very clearly not ready for release. I mean I guess a lot can happen in 10 weeks but as it's been said there is an unusually large amount of bugs and overall choppiness and of course the balance issues.
I turned the graphics down very slightly and the microstutter went away completely with no loss of visual fidelity.

There was much more rubberbanding between subzones in this beta than the one last week, but the reason you do beta tests is to figure out how to scale your infrastructure.

I would not be surprised if they delayed, but I don't think it's a necessity.

I would really like a slider that lets me select how often to put me with other users in the open world, from rarely to often.

I would also like a tool that helps me find someone starting a dungeon at the same time I am.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I also had to turn the textures down to medium to get rid of the stutter. Odd since recommended specs for this are a 970 heh.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I turned the graphics down very slightly and the microstutter went away completely with no loss of visual fidelity.

There was much more rubberbanding between subzones in this beta than the one last week, but the reason you do beta tests is to figure out how to scale your infrastructure.

I would not be surprised if they delayed, but I don't think it's a necessity.

I would really like a slider that lets me select how often to put me with other users in the open world, from rarely to often.

I would also like a tool that helps me find someone starting a dungeon at the same time I am.
Ya I turned graphics way down and a lot of graphical lag went away but zoning is extremely laggy almost always. Not to mention that you shouldn't have to turn graphics way down with a good PC to resolve lag issues. I'm sure they gathered an assload of data these past 2 weeks so it's just a matter of how many major issues can they fix in 10 weeks. I'm sure they'll make a big dent but they've got their work cut out for them. I personally hate games releasing at the start of summer anyways so I'm kinda hoping they delay til August/September.

They should do dungeons like how Lost Ark does them where you get a prompt and can choose to enter as either solo or a group except it should let you choose how many players you want to join with.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't have to be way down, I just took textures off high and turned shadows down 1 notch. I think the high-res texture pack is fucking with VRAM somehow, causing the stutter, and the highest level of shadow detail is almost never worth the performance impact in any game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I would be very surprised if they don't delay the game as it is very clearly not ready for release. I mean I guess a lot can happen in 10 weeks but as it's been said there is an unusually large amount of bugs and overall choppiness and of course the balance issues.
They still have the invisible wall bugs in dungeons that’s been addressed since closed beta. I can’t see them fixing all the known issues and have it ready for release on June 2.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No way they delay in a million years. Those box sales are baked into projections and stock price.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No way they delay in a million years. Those box sales are baked into projections and stock price.

Rumor was they already sold an additional 2 mil boxes from Friday open play test.

No chance of a delay when it's already selling in the multi millions in March.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Rumor was
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• 1Worf

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I am liking sorc more than necro now, it seems like the sorc skills scale way better than necro in late game.

Switching to main sorc at launch.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

The reason I buy it is because it was never a question of whether D4 was going to sell a few million boxes or not.

The ONLY question was how many million it's going to sell-- and if it will beat D3 in terms of commercial success.

I was surprised to hear that figure also for presales, but not really all that surprised at the same time. The average consumer isn't sucking a streamers dick or checking posts on FOH if they should decide to buy the latest Blizzard game. That's just a tiny microscopic fragment of their customer base.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The camera zooms in a bit when you're in town so that isn't the best comparison.

He's also proposing its a side-scrolling sprite action game like Double Dragons from the early 1990's, which it's not.

• 1WTF

Argarth

On the verandah
Create a game called Path of Exile with blizzard polish. Allow currency to auto loot and add a shitload of QOL, like auto-looting and auto-salvaging. Make a more simple crafting system that uses components of this salvaging. Simplify the loot mods a lot, and add smarter loot drops and not as much.

Money printer.
And for the love of god make a coherent trading system that isn't universally despised.

So basically, don't make Path of Exile...

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The North-South vantage is where the reduction is. Whether that's due to aspect ratio, or scaling, I can't really tell.

it's restrictive for the pace of the combat. A druid or barbarian player might be satisfied with the current state of the camera. For casters or ranged, the issue shows up when the adventuring speed and size of wave clear becomes larger in preference.

1679888959460.png

What's that? 3 corpse-lengths to the North? 3 bodies of distance, that's it? Pretty fucking weak.

• 1Picard
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It doesn't have to be way down, I just took textures off high and turned shadows down 1 notch. I think the high-res texture pack is fucking with VRAM somehow, causing the stutter, and the highest level of shadow detail is almost never worth the performance impact in any game.
This is my VRAM usage at high settings.

1679889027520.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Added a "pixel grid" to compare. I should have taken another screenshot in D3 with the barbs feet facing the same way as the D4 one, because that's the bottom point I'm measuring from. I think it's close enough.

Screenshot005b.jpg

Screenshot002b.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users