Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I think the skip complaints are people that don't realize it bugs out and you have to alt-tab to unfuck it?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There is still the issue of the camera.

It's been mentioned from last week's test before by other posters here.

The camera is about 20% too tight and it's designed to sell cosmetics. It ends up feeling clunky and restrictive. In D3 and Immortal the camera was just fine. As Chris implied, at times it feels like they took the best aspects of previous Diablo's and then just winged them into the trash or outright curb-stomped them in order to make D4 "DIFFERENT" (I'm looking at you D4 UI). Enough of that nonsense.

A tight camera up your ass isn't innovating. It's a step backwards. Let players bring the camera out a little bit more and increase the base runspeed of all players by 20%. You can still zoom up someone's ass crack if you need to check their cosmetics for fucks sake.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From what I have seen on streams so far, ill think ill pass on this one. But I dont begrudge people for wanting to play it.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Really wished the D4 devs would of taken ideas from Path of Exile and Last Epoch regarding skills tree and crafting system. Maybe not PoE, it would be too much for alot Diablo players but using Last Epoch’s would of been perfect. It’s not too complicated or dumbed down/non existent.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
From what I have seen on streams so far, ill think ill pass on this one. But I dont begrudge people for wanting to play it.

You can't go off streams on this one. ARPG and the way the streamers are demonstrating the game, the various points and space between, makes for really really bad streaming content.

Even changing classes was a serious problem for big streamers. Druid and Barb couldn't demonstrate anything in way of entertainment to a stream. Everyone cried out for the streamers to only play Sorc or Necro.

Don't judge this game based on streams. The content stream-wise has been complete ass.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I will never understand the desire to watch people play a video game...

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I felt the same way at first but since I have really enjoyed watching folks play things I have thought about playing but never invested much time in, like Sons of the Forest or Conan Exiles, to either get an intro to the game or to see how certain things are accomplished, or just to enjoy the streamers and/or their interaction. Its either a how to, an overview, or a medium to watch people interact.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
My thoughts:

Good:

sound effects, combat flow, empty space entertainment (random intrigue going from place to place), forgiving and simple class options on pace with entry level part of game.

bad

Forced cutscenes, I’m too old to care about this stupid story. Feels like you’re on the park tour ride and can’t get off. Boring progression and no difficulty. Like remember if you didn’t respect a pack of archers in d2 you could get clipped? This is like - if you don’t respect some 3 second delay of a guy imploding you may go to 60%. I did die to the butcher once so I can’t say it’s impossible to die.

Ugly.

Optimization. I play with a handful of chillers and we all had to run it on medium with decent pcs. Medium looks like shit. Towns hitch. 5/5 of us had issues and most were similar.

Surprise positive : the powerful classes were boring to play and I almost quit bc it was so lame. The rogue melee was super satisfying and made the game so much more fun when you had to hop around and execute a few attacks vs 1 button clear.

overall

Hate to say it, but only 6/10 with upside. If they can get this butch running better for the average joe and have some truly unique…uniques, well I can see it being really fun to try a build, upgrade the unique, and hit some power spikes. Definitely potential, but feels less polished than D3 and fuck that story in the ass I don’t care

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I had the blank character select screen...I just let it sit there for awhile and eventually it unfucked itself.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My thoughts:

Good:

sound effects, combat flow, empty space entertainment (random intrigue going from place to place), forgiving and simple class options on pace with entry level part of game.

bad

Forced cutscenes, I’m too old to care about this stupid story. Feels like you’re on the park tour ride and can’t get off. Boring progression and no difficulty. Like remember if you didn’t respect a pack of archers in d2 you could get clipped? This is like - if you don’t respect some 3 second delay of a guy imploding you may go to 60%. I did die to the butcher once so I can’t say it’s impossible to die.

Ugly.

Optimization. I play with a handful of chillers and we all had to run it on medium with decent pcs. Medium looks like shit. Towns hitch. 5/5 of us had issues and most were similar.

Surprise positive : the powerful classes were boring to play and I almost quit bc it was so lame. The rogue melee was super satisfying and made the game so much more fun when you had to hop around and execute a few attacks vs 1 button clear.

overall

Hate to say it, but only 6/10 with upside. If they can get this butch running better for the average joe and have some truly unique…uniques, well I can see it being really fun to try a build, upgrade the unique, and hit some power spikes. Definitely potential, but feels less polished than D3 and fuck that story in the ass I don’t care
Those two issues are what you can see in the thin veil of bullshit people complain about, usually. Either the class balance is absolute shit where the ideal character they want to play is either broken in an OP way or broken in a weak way. Then the performance is just ass, even on a 3500 dollar PC. Chunking in and around Kyovashad like a brick. Random zone switch chunks like Vanguard. Spell interactions that cause you to chunk. Then there is just a laundry list of bugs that come from grouping.

Hell, just the quality of life shit you deal with when grouping is horrible. Im standing right next to someone during the World Boss, and they invite me to join them and.. I have to load to join them in their phase? Mother fucker, Im in the same god damn phase already? Then the random group drops left and right. Never mind all the fucking issues that arise when combining main story quests when you're not on the exact same quest in the same area as someone else.

Then you have the laundry list of bugs that are just not there for Blizzards typical fit and finish. You can kill the guy in the bottom left that drops higher level shit that you cant use. Then put an aspect into it and that drops the required level of the item down to useable but doesnt downgrade the item itself. So if there is little shit like that, what kind of bugs are we going to end up with at the top end?

I enjoy the game and my g/f definitely enjoys it so it is a purchase. But I sure af dont think theyre going to fix much of anything before release.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what it was about the east gate in Kyovashad, but the game basically will not let me leave through that gate. I'll just sit there rubber-banding and eventually I just have to leave through a different exit and go around. Had a different fun bug when husband and I were doing a campaign quest in an instance. He got kicked off the game, but it didn't kick him out of my party. Couldn't kick him out manually, couldn't re-invite him (because he's already there) and then it wouldn't actually let me leave the instance or teleport or leave the party myself. Had to just quit and both had to restart the whole quest.

We also made the mistake of playing barb/druid together. Bosses were absolutely miserable, which sure could just be a skill issue, but we're not THAT bad at games.

Got to 25, overall impression was meh. Not really getting the urge to keep on playing. Will wait and see what the eventual endgame looks like and if it goes on sale/gamepass at some point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It's insane how many forgettable filler side quests RPGs have now.

I did a bunch yesterday and the only one I remember is the one with the exocism in the cellar.

Diablo 2 had 6 per act, all voice acted, and I remember every single one.

This got glossed over in the voice acting aside but there were a lot of great/good side quests in the Fractured Peaks; hopefully they aren't front loaded; just off the top of my head:

-Black Asylum Boy
-Hellraiser Husband
- Wayward Brother
-Memento Man in Margrave
-The Exorcist
-The Woodsman's Axe*
-The Sealed Door*
some shorter or longer but all of them good vignettes of the World of Sanctuary; none of them life changing but I don't remember a single quest from D2 either.
* the only actual quest names

What specifically are you talking about that is like Magic - Legends? I played that game and it was all around an absolute trash heap.

I think you have a bit of rosy retrospection going on with Marvel Heroes. That game had full blown MMO tedium dripping everywhere.

KEEP MARVEL HEROES NAME OUT OF... I loved that game so much; I spent a ton of money playing it; I had no chill. I bought for first pack of heroes and never looked back. I was playing it with the Goon guild the first time my house flooded. Fuck Marvel for yanking the license. It broke me of ever spending like that on a game again. It wasn't THAT much but enough that I stay far away from microtransaction game like that today. Star Citizen, we hardly knew ye.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Too many reasons to list... For one, how will you ever get better at a video game without watching better players play it? second Im fucking old and sometimes too lazy to play, so Ill watch someone play it. Some are just good personality, funny and I like to watch them. Sometimes, like this game, Ill watch a few and see if it interests me first before wasting my time and moneys. Like what is hard to understand?

Shit even in POE i learned so much just by watching people play it. Took months of learning curve out of it.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I would be very surprised if they don't delay the game as it is very clearly not ready for release. I mean I guess a lot can happen in 10 weeks but as it's been said there is an unusually large amount of bugs and overall choppiness and of course the balance issues.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
v3pfp0nupwna1.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I should say that when the game is working flawlessly and you have a fun build, the game is good. It definitely needs a good bit of work though.