Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chris

Potato del Grande
To sum it up,

Waaahhh! This is not D2, I want D2! Waaahhh!
Waaahhh! This is not D3, I want D3! Waaahhh!
Waaahhh! This is not PoE, I want PoE! Waaahhh!
Waaahhh! I don't know what I want, but I don't like this! Waaahhh!

It's hilarious.
The game has the feel of a modern Diablo 2 in settling and the story isn't retarded californian SJW bullshit (yet?).

It doesn't have the fluid feel of Diablo 3's combat and has additional added modern game bullshit like loads of pointless and boring sidequests or story gating stuff.

It's learned nothing from PoE when everyone wants old Blizzard polish applied to PoE. The gear and skills don't look too exicting but hopefully that's just the level limit.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
D4 has been the seed that sows discord.

God damnit Bobby your people did it again.

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Most of the "bad press" seems to stem from people who make a living streaming this time around.

Unlike with D3, I haven't seen an actual gaming outlet publish anything negative. But it's not 2012 anymore. We're in the age of the Influencer. Rather than check a major gaming outlet review, they'll check a YouTube of an independent content creator. Makes it tough to gauge what the reception for D4 will be like in the history books.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Most of the "bad press" seems to stem from people who make a living streaming this time around.

Unlike with D3, I haven't seen an actual gaming outlet publish anything negative. But it's not 2012 anymore. We're in the age of the Influencer. Rather than check a major gaming outlet review, they'll check a YouTube of an independent content creator. Makes it tough to gauge what the reception for D4 will be like in the history books.
And like "journalists" who figured out they can sell ratings for money/favors and not actually give honest reviews, influencers have figured out that shitting on everything is more profitable than giving honest, nuanced reviews.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The streamers I pay attention to know their shit about particular genres. Where as a journalist is.. fucking who? Im supposed to pay attention to what some random nobody says about how good or bad a game is? Let me know if its so buggy that its unplayable. But between that, and telling me a new release is coming before anyone else - I dont give two shits about their opinion pieces. That goes twice as hard for the fags at any big newspaper outlet telling me how Im suppose to feel about issues. Start telling me the facts or get fucked.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The streamers I pay attention to know their shit about particular genres. Where as a journalist is.. fucking who? Im supposed to pay attention to what some random nobody says about how good or bad a game is? Let me know if its so buggy that its unplayable. But between that, and telling me a new release is coming before anyone else - I dont give two shits about their opinion pieces. That goes twice as hard for the fags at any big newspaper outlet telling me how Im suppose to feel about issues. Start telling me the facts or get fucked.

While is this true, the effects of it go both ways.

I was in-game all weekend having fun. I alt-tabbed to check discord and saw @'s saying the game got "bad reviews" and just trashing it for no reason. I told the guy is a fucking moron for not taking a free play test like everyone else is doing, and to fuck off.

"fucking who?" is exactly it. Negative reviews? Press them for a source, and they'll be too embarrassed to say and go silent.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
To sum it up,

Waaahhh! This is not D2, I want D2! Waaahhh!
Waaahhh! This is not D3, I want D3! Waaahhh!
Waaahhh! This is not PoE, I want PoE! Waaahhh!
Waaahhh! I don't know what I want, but I don't like this! Waaahhh!

It's hilarious.

First time on this forum?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The reason people here, on this forum, are vocal about games like these are because they will be successful and perpetuate the phoned in dev style and garbage game systems.

Saying "Eh, whatever. It'll probably be shallow but it's a Blizzard game so it'll probably be fun until I pay attention to what the game actually is" is certainly a viewpoint. But it's why they keep making games like this. Games that even the people buying them are lukewarm about at best.
Yes, denying yourself enjoyment of entertainment because Blizzard doesn't cater solely to a bunch of out-of-touch, "get off my lawn" boomers is certainly one strategy to get game devs to turn it all around...:rolleyes:

• 1Faggotry

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, denying yourself enjoyment of entertainment because Blizzard doesn't cater solely to a bunch of out-of-touch, "get off my lawn" boomers is certainly one strategy to get game devs to turn it all around...:rolleyes:
We're not on here trying to get devs to turn shit around. We post here to crowd source a ton of different opinions so we might gather information, form our own opinions and make fun of stupid posts like this.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Denying myself entertainment? That's a really strange take.

You think this game is going to be so fantastic that skipping it equates to denying myself entertainment?

"You can't afford not to buy D4!"

• 3Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Shit like this in Last epoch is why D4 had a better vibe. I really wanted to see the next area, and absorb all the details of the world. Right now the endgame grind is endless rooms that are basically this. I understand why but Last epoch world is just boring.
1679957323097.png

• 2Like
  • 1Midwit

Daidraco

Shit like this in Last epoch is why D4 had a better vibe. I really wanted to see the next area, and absorb all the details of the world. Right now the endgame grind is endless rooms that are basically this. I understand why but Last epoch world is just boring.
View attachment 466079
I was talking to BoozeCube BoozeCube about it. Last Epoch is such a huge piece of shit. Sure, some good ideas sprinkled in. But God damn is it just awful overall. D4 has some issues, but the sheer lunacy of people that put Last Epoch in a comparison to D4 is astounding. Something I sincerely wish I could refund.

• 1Smuggly

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh I had fun playing through the campaign and a little bit of the mono stuff on last epoch but it suffers from the same fate as GD and TQ for me. For some reason, the games just don't hold my attention to anywhere even remotely approaching the extent that Diablos and PoE do.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The barb feels really bad with its current spenders and rage generation.

And I don't understand the plan for the end game. Everyone is running 1 generator/1 spender/3 shouts/1 ultimate. You need all of the shouts to just now die to shit in world tier 2. Where would you ever get to use charge or leap or anything from the Weapon Mastery node?

If the barb has to run all of these defensives, the Necro has like 1 defensive (2 if you sacrifice your pets AND YOU DON'T THEN NEED THE ABILITY ON YOUR BARS SINCE IT'S 100% PASSIVE) and 1 active mitigation. How does this survive in end game with so little toughness? The sorc has 30 thousand barrier generators in comparison.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The rogue is in pretty crazy. You can let off like 5 to 6 barrage and dash away. Feels like a mage. And the druid also a mage of sorts.i haven't tried the sorcerer and wonder what's it like. So much overlapping it seems.

Daidraco

The barb feels really bad with its current spenders and rage generation.

And I don't understand the plan for the end game. Everyone is running 1 generator/1 spender/3 shouts/1 ultimate. You need all of the shouts to just now die to shit in world tier 2. Where would you ever get to use charge or leap or anything from the Weapon Mastery node?

If the barb has to run all of these defensives, the Necro has like 1 defensive (2 if you sacrifice your pets AND YOU DON'T THEN NEED THE ABILITY ON YOUR BARS SINCE IT'S 100% PASSIVE) and 1 active mitigation. How does this survive in end game with so little toughness? The sorc has 30 thousand barrier generators in comparison.
I have no doubt that all this negative press about the Druid and Barbarian, mostly warranted, will end up making them more powerful than the Sorcerer or Necro.

Cybsled

Double edged sword. On the one side, they usually are gamers vs. a lot of game "journalists". On the other, some of their complaints usually are centered around "I need to stream this for 6 months and retain high view counts. I want more features that cater to that"

• 3Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im not going to shill for any particular game, but I find some complaints rather interesting.

Every ARPG ever made has a boring end game. D2 was endless Meph / Pendle / Baal runs...or cows. D3 was rift, rift, rift, rift,rift again. PoE is run the exact same fucking maps over and over until you age 10 years. Last Epoch is mono, mono, mono, mono to infinity.

All of them are basically the same shit. There is no point to them except get + gooder stat so you can run the exact same thing again.

What happened to just enjoying the game until you got bored and moved on? Every last one of the games I mentioned were worth the box price and then some. Nowadays we seem to expect 1000+ hr game loops where the only object of the game was to get + gooder to do it some more.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users