Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think the open world gives them a lot of opportunities to make the endgame less boring, having you roam around looking for rare dungeons and cellars, running across events. I want to see what these Helltide events are like on the higher world tiers, the ones that drop the mats necessary for higher level stuff.

Also really want to see what PvP areas are like, and the fact that we haven't seen them is pretty fucked up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would say it's more that in most of those games you could mostly choose what you want to do, and when. If you only get 30 hours out of it then yea, you aren't engaged by any of the mechanics and aren't interested enough to try other builds or characters. And that's that.

In D4, you'll be herded toward specific activities on a Blizzard schedule and your progression will be beholden to that schedule. But people lap it up anyway and pretend those other games aren't more interesting and engaging, when it's very clear that they are.

• 3Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In D4, you'll be herded toward specific activities on a Blizzard schedule and your progression will be beholden to that schedule.
If it's anything like that I will not be playing. I don't think it will be after the lessons Blizzard has learned from the past 2 WoW expacs, but it's possible.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Khane

The only lesson Blizzard has learned is that people will pay to play that sort of game and it allows them to trickle out minor updates because those systems keep people on the treadmill for longer.

We already know they have specific currency type drops used for upgrades that are tied to them and do not seem to be available elsewhere or through other activities

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

And it hasn't been the last two expacs, Blizzard has been time gating shit behind rep grinds that you can only advance via dailies since the Argent Tournament in WotLK

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The barb feels really bad with its current spenders and rage generation.

And I don't understand the plan for the end game. Everyone is running 1 generator/1 spender/3 shouts/1 ultimate. You need all of the shouts to just now die to shit in world tier 2. Where would you ever get to use charge or leap or anything from the Weapon Mastery node?

If the barb has to run all of these defensives, the Necro has like 1 defensive (2 if you sacrifice your pets AND YOU DON'T THEN NEED THE ABILITY ON YOUR BARS SINCE IT'S 100% PASSIVE) and 1 active mitigation. How does this survive in end game with so little toughness? The sorc has 30 thousand barrier generators in comparison.

Does barb somehow get significantly weaker from level 15-25? I had no issues dying from level 1-15 playing on world tier 2 the entire way using lunge/whirlwind/the shout that gives dmg bonus. Think the only time I died was to butcher and it was partly because I ran into him while I was low on potions and had nothing to kite him around.

• 1WTF
  • 1Seriously?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Denying myself entertainment? That's a really strange take.

You think this game is going to be so fantastic that skipping it equates to denying myself entertainment?

"You can't afford not to buy D4!"
No, you're telling others to deny their entertainment. Because in your opinion, games like these only get made because people are somehow "accepting" mediocrity. That if the 14 out of touch old geezers on these forums would just have a little self control, Blizzard would totally not have a market of millions to sell to!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And it hasn't been the last two expacs, Blizzard has been time gating shit behind rep grinds that you can only advance via dailies since the Argent Tournament in WotLK
That's a subscription game though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
But there's a world boss, so clearly 100% of all possible gameplay is going to just be time gated, scheduled and meted out like meds that you have to take 5x a day when the doctors tell you.

Khane

No, you're telling others to deny their entertainment. Because in your opinion, games like these only get made because people are somehow "accepting" mediocrity. That if the 14 out of touch old geezers on these forums would just have a little self control, Blizzard would totally not have a market of millions to sell to!

I actually haven't told anyone how to spend their money. Just pointed out what they're money is going to buy.

And yea, that is why Blizzard makes this version of D4 instead of something with more depth. It does surprise me that there is so much wishful thinking in this thread though.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Am I the only one who really doesn't give a fuck about the balance of early game characters on lower difficulty setting with no gear? Oh no level 25 beta might not be perfectly balanced, eat shit stupids.

This game needs to be released and we need to see if it deserves a purchase, but the dick riding shilling blows me away. Truth is the beta test was pretty mediocre, the specs run like shit on any old computer which is counter to almost all of Blizzard history and will be a detriment to them. They wasted tons of resources on garbage that nobody really cares about. So far the atmosphere feels dark and gothic along the lines of what Diablo should, but the world bosses, daily grinds, battle passes and other retard shit doesn't provide much confidence.

Oh no a partly filled talent tree character at level 25 without uniques to compensate feels bad, and a pet class that might not scale at end game is op at lower levels without gear is OP. There is a reason so many of you fucking faggots don't deserve to have opinions.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure the game runs fine if you don't try to load the 45GB of extra textures.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just pointed out what they're money is going to buy.
And in their opinion, their money is going to buy entertainment they find enjoyable. The game is "mediocre" to you.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
  • Looks absolutely fucking amazing at 3840x1600 on my 38" Ultrawide, especially the lighting and volumetric effects. They've completely nailed the grim/dark aesthetic.
  • The sound design is world class - combat, staging, music, ambience. I'm especially enjoying the music, old school, loving the strings and woodwind instruments etc.
  • The dialogue and voice acting in particular is a major step up. I'm really glad they didn't cut corners here, given that the rest of the production is so impressive.
  • Really enjoying the slower pace, visceral combat, large world and MMO elements. I've really been taking my time, and purposely haven't leveled past the mid teens.
Nothing really to say about the skills, balance, builds, itemization etc. All this stuff will be in permanent flux anyway, and can't be bothered speculating about the endgame.

Suffice to say, I've been having an absolute blast, and I'm even more excited than before to play. Buddy of mine is also super pumped to co-op, that's a huge bonus.
Not playing WoW or any other MMO, so if Blizzard actually punches out quality updates for the next few years, I'll be happy to $contribute$.
Almost certainly waiting for the the first round of reviews, and the inevitable week 1 patch. Can hardly believe D3 was 11 years ago.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty sure the game runs fine if you don't try to load the 45GB of extra textures.

Yes and no. I ran for 6+ hours earlier today and eventually hit a VRAM/RAM leak that required a restart.

It's not stable. Even on medium.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Can hardly believe D3 was 11 years ago.
giphy-2961520248.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And it won't be stable by June 1st either.

This is basically the new Vanguard in terms of how badly they fucked up the performance.

They're taking this gold as Vanguard the Remix, part 2.

Should make for some entertainment as plebs with lesser computing power try to play it.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
  • Looks absolutely fucking amazing at 3840x1600 on my 38" Ultrawide, especially the lighting and volumetric effects. They've completely nailed the grim/dark aesthetic.
  • The sound design is world class - combat, staging, music, ambience. I'm especially enjoying the music, old school, loving the strings and woodwind instruments etc.
  • The dialogue and voice acting in particular is a major step up. I'm really glad they didn't cut corners here, given that the rest of the production is so impressive.
  • Really enjoying the slower pace, visceral combat, large world and MMO elements. I've really been taking my time, and purposely haven't leveled past the mid teens.
Nothing really to say about the skills, balance, builds, itemization etc. All this stuff will be in permanent flux anyway, and can't be bothered speculating about the endgame.

Suffice to say, I've been having an absolute blast, and I'm even more excited than before to play. Buddy of mine is also super pumped to co-op, that's a huge bonus.
Not playing WoW or any other MMO, so if Blizzard actually punches out quality updates for the next few years, I'll be happy to $contribute$.
Almost certainly waiting for the the first round of reviews, and the inevitable week 1 patch. Can hardly believe D3 was 11 years ago.
In before mocked for complimenting voice acting.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

They, and others, figured out a while ago that they aren't competing for your money, they have your money regardless, they want your time. This is why SO many games these days have "Job" characteristics where you have to log in, do your dailies, do your X Y Z bullshit.

The reason being, if you are anchored in one game through all these meaningless and never ending hoops, you will never go to another game because of the sunk cost. Bunch of the head guys of MMO companies have talked about this goal a while back. Once they have your sub, their next goal is your time so you never go anywhere else, even during droughts.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And it won't be stable by June 1st either.
And you know this how? If it really is just a memory leak, that's a relatively easy to fix, whether it has to come from the GPU manufacturer or Blizzard. That will absolutely get fixed by launch.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard