Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And it won't be stable by June 1st either.

This is basically the new Vanguard in terms of how badly they fucked up the performance.

They're taking this gold as Vanguard the Remix, part 2.

Should make for some entertainment as plebs with lesser computing power try to play it.

I am on a old ass machine, a 1070 and old ass i5. I had no issues except loading new areas(aka never visited before), which took a couple seconds to load and then it was back to fine. Though if your recommended specs say 970, it really should be smooth transition no matter what. Really that was the only "issue", which went away after the first visit and had no impact on actually playing the game.

Stuttering in town was their servers it seemed and that went away for me after the first day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And you know this how? If it really is just a memory leak, that's a relatively easy to fix, whether it has to come from the GPU manufacturer or Blizzard. That will absolutely get fixed by launch.

Open public play was allowed in this condition with pre-order advertisements. The condition can be assumed as acceptable based on this alone

That's the time you fix it. BEFORE you let people test drive it to see if they want to buy it.

Closed beta is sizable, and they didn't address it then when it should have been.

It's all beyond them.

You don't unlock the car dealership unless you have drivable cars on the lot to look at.

Marketing 101.

Unless you actually believe this weekend was the beta? I know you're not that stupid.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Open public play was allowed in this condition with pre-order advertisements. The condition can be assumed as acceptable based on this alone

That's the time you fix it. BEFORE you let people test drive it to see if they want to buy it.

Closed beta is sizable, and they didn't address it then when it should have been.

It's all beyond them.

You don't unlock the car dealership unless you have drivable cars on the lot to look at.

Marketing 101.

Unless you actually believe this weekend was the beta? I know you're not that stupid.
How much software development have you done? Is it more or less than the amount of meth you've done?

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am on a old ass machine, a 1070 and old ass i5. I had no issues except loading new areas(aka never visited before), which took a couple seconds to load and then it was back to fine. Though if your recommended specs say 970, it really should be smooth transition no matter what. Really that was the only "issue", which went away after the first visit and had no impact on actually playing the game.

Stuttering in town was their servers it seemed and that went away for me after the first day.

Some people played through Vanguard launch with only minimal issues.

If the large majority only had some stuttering then sure it'll be fine-- but based on posts I've seen here, combined with some YouTube coverage going into extensive detail about it, and then my own experience this weekend, I just don't think that's the case.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

It's all beyond them.

Marketing 101.

something something beta something

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some people played through Vanguard launch with only minimal issues.

If the large majority only had some stuttering then sure it'll be fine-- but based on posts I've seen here, combined with some YouTube coverage going into extensive detail about it, and then my own experience this weekend, I just don't think that's the case.

So just guessing, got it. Maybe the pessimistic guess. Though the first few days are going to be shit no matter what. Will have to see.

I do wonder how many downloaded the high res textures without knowing, since its default checked. Pretty dumb, should be off and let those who can handle it, check the box to download them.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Closed beta has been going for a year now.

This weekend was about who's buying the game. Not testing anything.
You have no idea whether it's a Blizzard problem or an AMD/Nvidia problem.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure the game runs fine if you don't try to load the 45GB of extra textures.
I can confirm this on my end. Don't have a 4k monitor so didn't need the textures. Only performance hit I experienced was when changing zones I got the rubber banding thing, which is 99% server side. (Hell one time I couldn't even change zones it was just invisible wall, had to go back into town and then go back out again).

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can confirm this on my end. Don't have a 4k monitor so didn't need the textures. Only performance hit I experienced was when changing zones I got the rubber banding thing, which is 99% server side. (Hell one time I couldn't even change zones it was just invisible wall, had to go back into town and then go back out again).

Can't be, remember Jay said based on posts here and YT, the vast majority could barely run it, its performance was as bad as vanguard.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My best performance vs fidelity was medium textures with DLSS = Quality. DLSS = Quality was a 40 FPS improvement over DLSS = Off, with also 30 watts less GPU power, and actually looked better than DLSS Off.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Can't be, remember Jay said based on posts here and YT, the vast majority could barely run it, its performance was as bad as vanguard.

During the chicken sandwich test, someone here on FOH even got bluescreened.

3080 TI's got bricked.

Its amazing how a week goes by, and now everything is fine. Some gold fish memories here. Many players had technical issues.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
During the chicken sandwich test, someone here on FOH even got bluescreened.

3080 TI's got bricked.

Its amazing how a week goes by, and now everything is fine. Some gold fish memories here. Many players had technical issues.
Wow, someone got an Nvidia driver blue-screen, playing a game that hadn't had game ready drivers for it released. WEIRD.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
3080 TI's getting bricked is 100% the 3080's shitty soldering. Happened to people with New World too when certain screens have uncapped FPS limits (most loading/black screens for games). Friend has his fucked during New World and got a new one because they were all faulty.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users