Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Rogue is definitely just Assassin and DH smushed together, with a tiny bit of Monk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Think they call it 'body type' now.
This would be a lot more excusable if they had just made 4-6 different actual body types per class. But when you only have 2 it's just cowardly.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No clue why I remember this...

But the first and only time I was allowed to call that Nintendo Power hotline was with that spot in Castlevania 2 where you had to kneel down at an exact spot at a river in order for the zone to open up below it.

That shit had to have been between 1987-1989ish....and the memory is still crystal clear.
In the early 90's, my friend up the road was having problems with StarTropics. I had went over there a couple times and he was stuck on some Piano ? Music? thing in that part. I cant remember exactly. I was poor af so I only got to play it after he was done with it, we traded games all the time. One day he traded Startropics to me for Dragon Warrior. One evening, I get off the Bus and not long after being home - my mom gets a call from his mom and he's throwing me under the bus saying that "I" called Nintendo on their line for the game I ... Now have in my possession. I get in trouble a bit, but my Mom didnt seem to care all that much. I wasnt allowed back over to his house for like a month until .. low and behold, he called Nintendo again for Dragon Warrior. His mom told my mom and when she hung up she told me not to let his ass even remotely close to our phone, lol.
Tired of the same classes but would be nice to see some new Holy themed classes.

Justicar
Vindicator
Iquisitor

Also some darker themed classes would be cool. Classes forged from hell kinda thing.

Inquisitor (redux version baby)
Dark Templar
Blood Priest
That video says the same thing - he wants like a Valkyrie or something. I dont mind the Barbarian, but I really want like a gothic / english-saxon looking plate class. Something that thematically seems like it would use a Bastard Sword or similar.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

This would be a lot more excusable if they had just made 4-6 different actual body types per class. But when you only have 2 it's just cowardly.
Another reason I hate the Druid. They try so hard to nail the look of a Heavy Weight Bodybuilder, but instead, the Druid just looks like a fat fuck. Skinny Druids not a thing for some reason? How about a non-middle eastern looking male Sorcerer? A non 2000's Hawthorne Heights Necromancer? ... For a company thats adding new character options to each WoW patch - they're fucking one dimensional as hell with D4.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>

Well he detailed one of them, I honestly don't remember many details. I do remember that I played it as a kid, and never beat it. Many things were not at all obvious.

My guess is FromSoft got their inspiration for Dark Souls quests from games like Simon's Quest.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
God yes I loved reading these magazines while we were on holidays or such. Also, some of them had CD full of cool stuff (and a lot of broken stuff). Duke Nukem 3D first level, then 2 months later we had duke nukem 3d first act, that was awesome.
I also remember spending time in a cybercafe (lol that name is so 20th century), some dudes were playing Command and Conquer, and that's were I realized that I sucked ass. That was another source of info.

Why don't they add a hidden effect / stat on every legendary so theorycrafters can go nut ?
I used to work at electronics boutique (EBX in mall of America) when I was going to college and we weren't allowed to sell magazines after the new issue came out so we were always left with giant stacks of them. Obviously there were the duds with 500 hours of America online cds but plenty of them had game demos.

Slightly unrelated but we ended up being friends with the owner of this steak house across the hall as well as the people at haagen dasz so prettymuch everyday is get free steak and ice cream.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Another reason I hate the Druid. They try so hard to nail the look of a Heavy Weight Bodybuilder, but instead, the Druid just looks like a fat fuck. Skinny Druids not a thing for some reason? How about a non-middle eastern looking male Sorcerer? A non 2000's Hawthorne Heights Necromancer? ... For a company thats adding new character options to each WoW patch - they're fucking one dimensional as hell with D4.
I'd play the shit out of the druid from Vox Machina, but the male version looks like a god damned fat hobo

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Wasn’t original wow Druid OP tank and good dps/heals? Maybe they’re atoning for their sins

• 1Moron

Cybsled

I used to work at electronics boutique (EBX in mall of America) when I was going to college and we weren't allowed to sell magazines after the new issue came out so we were always left with giant stacks of them. Obviously there were the duds with 500 hours of America online cds but plenty of them had game demos.

That was always a cool perk there - you got free magazines essentially since they just got tossed in the trash. 90% of the demo cds usually had shit on them, though.

On the Nintendo Hotline derail, originally it was a toll free number but they changed it to a regular long distance number after a year or so. I remember calling it a couple times as a kid - they usually didn’t give you the answer straight up, but gave you heavy hints. Although I suspect they got some dumb clueless kids calling and had to move past hints at some point lol

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No clue why I remember this...

But the first and only time I was allowed to call that Nintendo Power hotline was with that spot in Castlevania 2 where you had to kneel down at an exact spot at a river in order for the zone to open up below it.

That shit had to have been between 1987-1989ish....and the memory is still crystal clear.
That reminds me. It took me roughly 4 to 5 years to beat Zelda link to the past. First I got stuck where you have to charge the book case to drop something. Then I got stuck (for years) where you have to tp in the right spot for the dark world in the cliffs. The internet kinda ruined the mystery in games.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That reminds me. It took me roughly 4 to 5 years to beat Zelda link to the past. First I got stuck where you have to charge the book case to drop something. Then I got stuck (for years) where you have to tp in the right spot for the dark world in the cliffs. The internet kinda ruined the mystery in games.

It made it a million times more accessible. But really just dont click on videos or guides that give things away if you still want mystery. The problem is people today do not want to wait or try for themselves, there's no patience and would rather take the couple of minutes it takes to look up a guide. It's built into the younger generation, especially if they grew up with the internet, why wait/experiment when you can just google something.

I am guilty of this far more lately, as I age I just don't have time to dick around for hours trying to figure shit out, so I look it up.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That was always a cool perk there - you got free magazines essentially since they just got tossed in the trash. 90% of the demo cds usually had shit on them, though.

On the Nintendo Hotline derail, originally it was a toll free number but they changed it to a regular long distance number after a year or so. I remember calling it a couple times as a kid - they usually didn’t give you the answer straight up, but gave you heavy hints. Although I suspect they got some dumb clueless kids calling and had to move past hints at some point lol
Yeah, the perks were great there. Specifically at EBX, as it was the flagship store of electronics boutique. After college I worked at a local electronics boutique (that turned into a GameStop) for a bit and it was way different.

At EBX we always had reps come in and give us all kinds of freebies. A lot of times it was just stupid TGIF type flair (pins, stickers, etc) but plenty of them gave out free games and collector stuff. I remember when phantom menace came out the Lucas arts rep came by and gave me Jedi power battles (which was kind of a lame duck of a game but I'm a sucker for side scroller beat em ups) and this super cool pewter statue of qui-gon jinn.

For the life of me I can't remember which rep it was, maybe Rare? They always brought cool stuff but they'd always take the manager and asst manager out for dinner and the strip club. I was the third key, so basically the assistant assistant manager so normally I would have gone with them but I was going to a private Christian college as a pastoral studies major so they refused to take me lol.

Which was fine, the strippers in Minneapolis were pretty trashy. The kind that you might get hep-c just by walking through the front door.

Anyway, my PC is dying so I barely got to play the beta. I'm debating on picking up a PS5 and playing it on that... Is there ANY word on further beta weekends? How many did they do for d3? Just one or two? I can rrmember

Daidraco

It made it a million times more accessible. But really just dont click on videos or guides that give things away if you still want mystery. The problem is people today do not want to wait or try for themselves, there's no patience and would rather take the couple of minutes it takes to look up a guide. It's built into the younger generation, especially if they grew up with the internet, why wait/experiment when you can just google something.

I am guilty of this far more lately, as I age I just don't have time to dick around for hours trying to figure shit out, so I look it up.
I try for a bit and then Ill just look it up. They dont have to just give me the answer to everything, but if your little puzzle cant be solved with clues in the surrounding area - fuck you and your "mystery".
Yeah, the perks were great there. Specifically at EBX, as it was the flagship store of electronics boutique. After college I worked at a local electronics boutique (that turned into a GameStop) for a bit and it was way different.

At EBX we always had reps come in and give us all kinds of freebies. A lot of times it was just stupid TGIF type flair (pins, stickers, etc) but plenty of them gave out free games and collector stuff. I remember when phantom menace came out the Lucas arts rep came by and gave me Jedi power battles (which was kind of a lame duck of a game but I'm a sucker for side scroller beat em ups) and this super cool pewter statue of qui-gon jinn.

For the life of me I can't remember which rep it was, maybe Rare? They always brought cool stuff but they'd always take the manager and asst manager out for dinner and the strip club. I was the third key, so basically the assistant assistant manager so normally I would have gone with them but I was going to a private Christian college as a pastoral studies major so they refused to take me lol.

Which was fine, the strippers in Minneapolis were pretty trashy. The kind that you might get hep-c just by walking through the front door.

Anyway, my PC is dying so I barely got to play the beta. I'm debating on picking up a PS5 and playing it on that... Is there ANY word on further beta weekends? How many did they do for d3? Just one or two? I can rrmember
Just two. Early release in a couple months is about the best you've got. Ive heard it plays incredibly well on console. Which is no surprise since it looks like the entire game was designed for console first, and PC second.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm a conflicting ape. My small predeveloped frontal cortex usually wins out between any type of reasoning and complex thought.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Calling it now. Paladin will be the final stage of the first Battlepass season unlock. Free path will be base class unlock, paid pass will include a skin of some sort.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Calling it now. Paladin will be the final stage of the first Battlepass season unlock. Free path will be base class unlock, paid pass will include a skin of some sort.
I dont think they would give away a DLC like that. A literal fuck ton of people bought the Deluxe just for the head start and could give two fucks about the Game Pass. So literally just giving it away. But all bets are off on the second game pass - as they could very well follow Overwatch 2's path.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
The D3 necromancer is likely the prototype to add a new class for D4. Class, cosmetics, maybe a wow mount and a hearthstone card back.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!