Sold.
B7F49855-2D73-4491-96DA-16A81B011502.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
After the train wreck that was Warcraft 3 Reforged, ill pass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard truly is a shadow of its former self.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Didn’t notice who was remaking it. They redid Tony Hawk which is fantastic. They kept it true to the original plus added a lot of good shit to it that didn’t detract from the original experience, just made it better. That’s hopeful I suppose.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
from the interviews seems like d2 just reskinned with minimal changes, I am in!

• 2Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
I cant find the article from the original d2 devs, It came out when wc3 reforged was announced. The original devs said it cant just be a reskin because of how a lot of the textures and models are generated. It would be a rewrite of the engine. So expect a rewrite, which means it may not "feel" the same.

the rewrite for sc1 remastered went well (rewrote it without legacy code base available)
the rewrite for wc3 rf went terrible (failed miserably with all code/assets still available)

so it's kinda in the air for d2 (at least there's no cross play functionality or campaign editor needs) - well I guess I don't know if there's no cross play, I mean d2 remastered with d2 1.0, everything about that i google references d2 remastered cross play with pc/consoles.

Last edited:

Caliane

I wonder what the arcane sanctury will look like. that was one of the visually weakest areas, and where todays tech could go far.

Looks pretty but I dunno. I find it hard to see the purpose of most remasters. esp just graphic updates. I'd want new gear, monsters, skills, etc.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I want to see a commitment to itemization and updates like what the modding community has produced over the last 20 years. Just updating the graphics is not going to cut it.
This times a thousand.

I played the living shit out of D2. I was not one of those D2 Chads playing ladder and trading for high end items and runes, but I played single player for thousands of hours (and still do).

Regardless of what I said earlier in this thread, I will buy this at release for full price. And I cannot remember the last time I bought a full priced game at release (Total War Warhammer 1 maybe?).

I would be happy with a modern, optimized reskin - I've been loudly and publicly proclaiming this to all who would hear for years. But more hope is what Ariakas said - additional compilation of the best and most popular used additions over the years. There is also the "games as a service" that I generally HATE but would love to have regular updates for my favorite game of all time - items, areas, runes, events, etc.

If they went the route of PoE and went FTP but had purchasable storage space I would be in for that as well. The limited storage and the modded expansion is a hope.

Edit - sorry, two posts. Somebody combo break me.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
MrllamaSC did a deepdive with 3 of the devs. Good information and looks very promising.

• 2Like

SeanDoe1z1

I already made a windy b net Druid out of nostalgia

my expectations will be in the dirt, but I barely buy games anymore anyway.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Is there a TLDR for the video? I was expecting a bunch of QOL changes for the remaster but it looks like that may not be the case?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So $100 on them fucking this up like everything Blizzard touches these days.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users