Diablo II - Resurrected

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No takers on that bet. Not even a shell of what they used to, a shell would be an improvement.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a TLDR for the video? I was expecting a bunch of QOL changes for the remaster but it looks like that may not be the case?
It’s a graphics overhaul. There’s increased stash space and a shared stash so you don’t have to mule. Don’t expect any new balance/items/gameplay.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this is just a graphics update? I don't care about the 27 minutes of new cinematics(what a giant waste of money that is).

I can see myself playing but not sure how long it will last. D2 really didn't have much to do. You ran boss runs for loot over and over. And that was basically it. Once you were on hell difficulty and clearing it with ease, there is no increase in difficulty or scaling. You ran/teleported to a boss, killed it in seconds, looted, then re-create game. There was PVP, but that was basically just fighting right outside town in act 1 and was incredibly unbalanced.

And they are going to charge $40 for this.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So this is just a graphics update?
And how many times have people jerked off in the PoE, EQ, D3, etc. threads saying that is exactly what they want?

It reminds me of getting back with an ex - nostalgia is a powerful tool until you actually get a sip of it and realize how much better you actually have it.

• 1Like

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sigh, I'm I really going to pay $40 for a 20 year old game, with updated graphics and shared stash.

• 1Picard

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The real bet would be whether they fuck up normal d2 somehow in the process of releasing the remaster, like they did with Warcraft 3

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I do want them to deviate from the garbage drop rate on runes.
See? Thats how it starts, change this up a bit, change that up a bit as well, "I think I can make this thing better" and it ends up being shit version not even resembling the classic.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apparently they said they are staying true to the OG game. Even leaving dumb shit like moating mephisto and quest glitching andy etc. Its just a reskin with some QOL like shared stash and advanced stats tab etc. If they've got Mr Llama giving them advice then I doubt they try anything crazy.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently they said they are staying true to the OG game. Even leaving dumb shit like moating mephisto and quest glitching andy etc. Its just a reskin with some QOL like shared stash and advanced stats tab etc. If they've got Mr Llama giving them advice then I doubt they try anything crazy.
a true milkjob which is all Blizz is capable of.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It's a nostalgia grab.

"Hey, remember when you had fun playing this? Do you remember?"

Of course, cash goes right along with that, but that's the primary thing they're going for. They're just aiming it at nostalgia, so that people won't think it's a cash grab.

*shrug* I didn't really love D2 anyway. Loved what D1 *could* have turned into. They could have turned D1 into a sharp tool against evil in the world. They *could* have made D2 with specialized quests for each character, wherein they each faced down their greatest fear.

Then when I played D2, I was just like, "What the fuck is this bullshit...?" Just silly magic and crystals, and all that bullshit. I agree, their mechanics were some of the best out there at the time. But mechanics (and magic, just because it's magic) just aren't enough to keep me coming back.

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup 100% nostalgia. This is more fan service than anything. Diablo players are a pretty die hard group, I mean look at all the mods.. path of diablo, project d2, median, anni server, etc

People have been crying for ages to just reskin d2 and let us have another go with all our friends. Thats what this is.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard drove that chevy to the levy and damned if it ain't dry.

Kiki

Log Wizard
So it's basically Plugy with updated networking and resolution/graphics, plus mod support? That's all that was needed. Milk me daddy.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
PoE might not have a great story, but I do love the atmosphere of fallen rome.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
There are going two be three large groups of people that will take different things away from a few playthroughs of D2R

1.) D1 and D2 fans that played 3 and stuck with it until RoS and will appreciate it for what it is; a nice member berries throwback.
2.) D1 and D2 fans that quit 3 after everything became BoP, tried all the other ARPGs since, and will hate how basic, boring, and ugly this game is even with a reskin.
3.) D3 fans that have never played any other ARPGs and we're too young to play D2. They are going to be fucking livid when they get to experience the beauty of builds, real rune words, and tons of varied green set items. They will wonder why they enjoy the depth of choices a 20 year old prequel to their favorite Blizzard game and then be angry at how fucking incompetent Blizzard has become. It may cause them to pass on D4.

• 1Salty