Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
as much as I loved D2, I think it will stay a fond memory and I will not play this, except if the reviews are stellar (so I'm not taking much risk here).
I bought D2 a week before going on vacation with my parents so I took with me the manual and read it over and over again. Loved that shit.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Yup, It's Diablo II all right. Just spent 15 mins buzzing around the first zone and the opening cave. Looks sharp. Nothing special because they did not increase the resolution. Is that in homage to the original and you can switch back and forth between old and new graphics? Who wanted that? I would rather be running it in 1920x1080.

Other than sharper graphics and 3 extra storage tabs, it is D2. It is pretty much what I was looking for, because I still love playing D2 but it gave my eyes gaming-cancer.

I expect 99% of people are going to be disappointed. I am not.

Feels like the mana regen was nerfed but I think I have been playing Amazon and Warrior a lot and haven't done Sorceress in ages.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mana regen was garbage in the original as well. I distinctly remember keeping the flail from Act 3 that broke into the Durance of Hate simply because it had mana leech and was usable at low levels.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love this game, but I don't love the stamina bullshit. lol

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Mana regen was garbage in the original as well. I distinctly remember keeping the flail from Act 3 that broke into the Durance of Hate simply because it had mana leech and was usable at low levels.
Yes, it is coming back to me now.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Not stackable. Stamina gets better late game.

Looks like they removed ultrawide as it completly broke the ai. I now have black bars and i didn't in alpha.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Looks like they removed ultrawide as it completly broke the ai. I now have black bars and i didn't in alpha.
Holy shit.... I been playing the game when it launched today and I didn't even notice the black bars.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
There's no reason to expect any kind of character reset after the beta, correct? File still local?

Araxen

Yeah, it's a good remaster. There are some nagging issues. I think there is a memory leak in the client, and whenever I bring up the inventory and such there is a lag too. It's not too terrible though. Another thing is my ping was 110 which I didn't notice too much. I suspect they aren't using their full server fleet during this beta, and just one data center.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
POE has scarred me so hard that I was expecting him to get one-shot mid rant. Then I remembered that it doesn't happen in other games.

Ulfr is a G.

Most PoE streamers die on purpose for reaction clips and to start a new char. It's pretty obvious.

Needless

Toe Sucker
the fuck it only goes to the end of A2? i kited durial around for 10 minutes for nothing reeeeeeeeeeeeee
also the act 2 town is laggy as fuck, theres so many frame drops there like its the actual d2 game lol

1628895684370.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I'm really digging it. Though I want a minimal damnit lol. I also hope they add in more statsh tabs and let you rename them

Araxen

Seems like the PS5 and Xbox X have messed up resolutions. You may want to hold off on buying those versions till they fix it.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Feels like the mana regen was nerfed but I think I have been playing Amazon and Warrior a lot and haven't done Sorceress in ages.
The entire game is about how you cheese the mana system and getting early mana leech/mana on hit!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
the fuck it only goes to the end of A2? i kited durial around for 10 minutes for nothing reeeeeeeeeeeeee
also the act 2 town is laggy as fuck, theres so many frame drops there like its the actual d2 game lol

View attachment 366798
Dammit, I did NOT know that. Reason to play closed beta now waning. Edit - Every time I start playing D2 I forget about the bottleneck that is Duriel. GD it.

The entire game is about how you cheese the mana system and getting early mana leech/mana on hit!

Yeah, esp early game as you and everyone said. I am just going to get gut rot from drinking all those blue potions instead.

You literally don't even notice a stamina bar after a certain amount of Vitality, and pretty much every build pumps vitality. After, what, the first act maybe you might run out of stamina once or twice a session?

Last edited: