Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kiki

Log Wizard
That's cool, but it says things like "all shields" when only 3 normal (not pally) shields in the game can get 4 sockets, etc. Be careful, this is not forgiving.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So there was a small 50mb patch this morning. Didn't fix anything on my end. And I know it's not my system even though it's old. My buddy has a 3060 and he gets stutters as well. He even dis all the fps limiting to drop his gpu usage down. It was maxing him out at 99%

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I really only enjoy HC for Diablo. I could never in PoE or other ARPGs. But D2/D3 I pretty much exclusively do HC.

I have had some desynced damage and very minor warping, but nothing terrible. I definitely deserved my death though. Too low resists and flayer dungeon nightmare.
HC is the only way to play imo.
The majority of my deaths I can see coming, similar to what you described.

That feeling of knowing you're out of position, unable to escape, and feeling that whole time investment at stake is still exhilarating to this day.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So played off and on a bit over the weekend have an 81 sorc with decentish gear and can do most of hell but immunities aren't fun at all. At this point it's farm for rare gear and/or runewords and since I am not big into trading shit I am pretty much done as pulling that slot machine over and over gets boring with a quickness. I could try another class or give it a go on hardcore and I might dick around with it some but I think I am pretty much done until they add in their ladder.

Was a fun member berries and the updated version is nice and honestly D2 is still as much fun as I remember, way way better than Diablo 3 which was godshit in all variations. I would hope they learn some lessons in all of this and make Diablo 4 using that knowledge but after butterfly faggot ponies, and Diablo with tits I won't hold my breath.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
One of the things i found out about was the merc glitching.Get it stuck behind a door (inner cloister works well) then run off and force it to TP to you to make it MOSTLY ignored by enemies. Helps sometimes on those f'n immune mobs.

Kiki

Log Wizard
With a cold sorc, you will be mostly farming ancient tunnels and shit. Lighting sorc with infinity runeword on your merc can do other stuff. It really depends on your class with where you end up.

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So I havnt gotten much play time. And all the stuttering aside. It looks so incredible. Already more rewarding then d3 has ever been imo.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What was the map bug?
You'd zone into an area that you played in a previous game and it would already show but not be correct. Black Marsh for example would show partial map with the tower showing but you'd run over there and there'd be no tower.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I've been really enjoying the game for nostalgia reasons. No stuttering or anything on my end. Plays exactly like D2 because...it is. Graphics upgrades are generally good but some areas still look a lot worse than others. It probably isn't worth what I paid for it but since I'm not a broke ass bitch I don't care. It is just as fun as it was a decade ago to pull together builds and get that unexpected drop. I despised D3 at launch and then came to enjoy it quite a bit later (probably have 500+ hours in it) but I still love the pace and tone of D2 infinitely better. It was a great game then and it is a good game now.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I like how you can still be functional in easy-ish gear to get but still leaves room to get excited when a needed rune/unique/rare drops to take you to the next level.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I had forgotten I guess I did play it a little back in the day. I finished act 1 and I guess I am done. Remember how bad I hated all the clunky ass hotkey settings and controls were on a PC.

• 1Pathetic

Needless

Toe Sucker
man ive done like 200 meph runs, he wont give me shit but ive gotten a Ber and a Sur from the council down there lmao

• 1Rustled

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not being able to use Kolbot for hdin farmers really makes me not want to play this anymore.

Like legit, I don't want to run 100,000+ boss runs/chests just to get a dual dream; I ran chests 600 times last night with as high MF as I could get and all I got was trang gloves...

Like if you want some GG top tier PvP build, you're either going to have to grind it out and trade for a year+ straight or just cough up $3500 for the gear on JSP because you don't have a bot army of asians farming skillers to sell for $0.37 a pop.

• 1Like