Diablo II - Resurrected

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've been preaching that shit since they announced this lol. People have no idea how dependent the D2 ladder economy was on 10,000 bots farming 24/7 to fill the market with items.

You, as an individual, will literally never farm up an infinity or enigma or whatever high end runeword you're looking for. Not at the age of 37 when you can only play 3 hours a night instead of 18 per day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
bro im only a jah off my paladins enigma, I'll totally have one TODAY from a natty drop i swear
1632929697466.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Loving this so far.

Only complaint - do melee moves seem to attack air a lot? Is it net code lag? I have 95% to hit bit Zeal seems to hit air like 50% of the time. 😵

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Are you guys aware you can play the game without that shit right?

Actually you can't.

Yes you can clear heal with some pretty trash gear, and you can do ubers with a budget smiter build if you shop a life tap wand

But most people will play this game for PvP and good luck playing anything in that category outside a zon or sorc without an enigma or other high runewords because you're just going to get curb stomped, watching your decently geared barb or sin or necro just get one rounded by a blizzsorc half your level and gear level over and over simply because they can tele and you cannot.

• 1WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PvP, in my arpg?!?!?

I'm willing to bet your assumption is wrong. Where are you getting that most people played D2, will play D2R for PvP?

• 8Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Abacab

PvP, in my arpg?!?!?

I'm willing to bet your assumption is wrong. Where are you getting that most people played D2, will play D2R for PvP?
No there are a lot just playing for nostalgia, but high end JSP trading and consistent 20+ year players primarily do this for PvP

You don't make +2 skill, 20% FCR +30 STR +25 resist caster ammys to kill Baal, you make and sell those to surpass breakpoints for PvP builds allowing you a wider variety of build options.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Not being able to use Kolbot for hdin farmers really makes me not want to play this anymore.

Like legit, I don't want to run 100,000+ boss runs/chests just to get a dual dream; I ran chests 600 times last night with as high MF as I could get and all I got was trang gloves...

Like if you want some GG top tier PvP build, you're either going to have to grind it out and trade for a year+ straight or just cough up $3500 for the gear on JSP because you don't have a bot army of asians farming skillers to sell for $0.37 a pop.
I'm confused, jsp says you can't RMT on there but everyone says that's the place to do it?

Abacab

I'm confused, jsp says you can't RMT on there but everyone says that's the place to do it?
It's a grey area, you can't legally RMT as in pay someone $20 for a piece of loot

BUT you can buy "forum gold" for $20 and then trade that to a player for an item, so they can cash out the forum gold in a gambling game or trade it elsewhere.

RMT with a middle man essentially.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
JSP is 100% RMT, they just demand that they get their slice of it is all.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i should really sell my ber/sur and higher end items on JSP, they're all like 4.8k/2.5k and shit then just rebuy come ladder

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ya know, Grim Dawn is a much better version of D2 but this is actually fun. This is just... a better game than most of what comes out these days. I'm kind of enjoying just fucking around in a game and farming again.

That said. How is there no game search filter and separate game mechanic for trading. Once you get to Hell good luck actually finding games to... play in. It's littered with trade lobbies. They need to fix that shit so you can filter.

• 1Salty

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Not being able to use Kolbot for hdin farmers really makes me not want to play this anymore.

Like legit, I don't want to run 100,000+ boss runs/chests just to get a dual dream; I ran chests 600 times last night with as high MF as I could get and all I got was trang gloves...

Like if you want some GG top tier PvP build, you're either going to have to grind it out and trade for a year+ straight or just cough up $3500 for the gear on JSP because you don't have a bot army of asians farming skillers to sell for $0.37 a pop.
Note that MF does not help you find runes.

• 1Faggotry

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I've been preaching that shit since they announced this lol. People have no idea how dependent the D2 ladder economy was on 10,000 bots farming 24/7 to fill the market with items.

You, as an individual, will literally never farm up an infinity or enigma or whatever high end runeword you're looking for. Not at the age of 37 when you can only play 3 hours a night instead of 18 per day.
One surefire way to do it is to do repeated hell difficulty hellforge runs with new characters and cube up to the desired rune. This may take a while but is guaranteed.

You'll want to get good twink gear to rapidly level up whatever class/build you think can do it most quickly (perhaps a trap assassin or some sort of sorc?).

• 1Faggotry

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
In my personal experience, not even if you run bots. The odds of any specific high rune are ~1:200,000 per boss run. Best case scenarios are about ~1:10,000 for rune-optimizeed runs. Your expected time to reward is measured in chronological weeks.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
i should really sell my ber/sur and higher end items on JSP, they're all like 4.8k/2.5k and shit then just rebuy come ladder
From what I've gathered, 1k jsp gold = about 15$ so you're looking at like 45$ish for it. Yet I see all of the RMT websites selling ber's for like 800-1,000$ lol. The disparity is massive. I feel like an item that rare should be worth at least around 150$

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Runewords are gay and anyone playing D2 for PvP is retarded. I can agree the drop rates suck and assume betting, cheating, and general faggotry. This is why botters are scum of the earth.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
From what I've gathered, 1k jsp gold = about 15$ so you're looking at like 45$ish for it. Yet I see all of the RMT websites selling ber's for like 800-1,000$ lol. The disparity is massive. I feel like an item that rare should be worth at least around 150$

I was looking at the full price of just buying FG and it looks like its about 180 (4.8k Forum gold not USD)