Diablo II - Resurrected

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
In my personal experience, not even if you run bots. The odds of any specific high rune are ~1:200,000 per boss run. Best case scenarios are about ~1:10,000 for rune-optimizeed runs. Your expected time to reward is measured in chronological weeks.

Yea the actual "economy" of D2 is a sick joke, it's just that no one realizes how asinine it is because every ladder reset is 100:1 bots to real players and rampant duping.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I was looking at the full price of just buying FG and it looks like its about 180 (4.8k Forum gold not USD)
Right, that's what they sell it for but if you want to cash it out, it's actually only about 50$

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think there are still plenty of bots running around. Already seeing Enigma's and HOTO's and crap.

Not to mention Im pretty sure Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about policing D2R.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yea the actual "economy" of D2 is a sick joke, it's just that no one realizes how asinine it is because every ladder reset is 100:1 bots to real players and rampant duping.

this is why a lot of people only play classic

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Happiest memory I ever had of D2 was finding a pair of titan javs and rolling up an amazon for it, but the thought of that happening now is laughable due to time constraints. The appeal of ladders is there if they do something unique per ladder season that makes it worth playing for a bit, but the base game itself doesn't seem worth it to play for the horrible chance of getting a single build defining item drop. Kinda wish they had done something to help on that front, but at the very least I'm assuming the modders will.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Happiest memory I ever had of D2 was finding a pair of titan javs and rolling up an amazon for it, but the thought of that happening now is laughable due to time constraints. The appeal of ladders is there if they do something unique per ladder season that makes it worth playing for a bit, but the base game itself doesn't seem worth it to play for the horrible chance of getting a single build defining item drop. Kinda wish they had done something to help on that front, but at the very least I'm assuming the modders will.
Hey I found a pair of those, the poop socking streamers have found like 80 pairs of those by now. Don't mistake the retard faggots who think you need the rarest or rarest runewords to play for actually getting drops by playing. This isn't Diablo 3 on release where Jack and shit dropped.

You find plenty of loot and the game feels rewarding but there is a never ending carrot of those perfect rolled perfect pieces and rare runes that always leave room to improve.

If anything this shit is the most casual in that you can do a quick run of like Meph or something in 3 minutes then fuck off and pretend you don't have time for video games while posting about video games on a video game website. I swear some of you are gigantic faggots.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hey I found a pair of those, the poop socking streamers have found like 80 pairs of those by now. Don't mistake the retard faggots who think you need the rarest or rarest runewords to play for actually getting drops by playing. This isn't Diablo 3 on release where Jack and shit dropped.

You find plenty of loot and the game feels rewarding but there is a never ending carrot of those perfect rolled perfect pieces and rare runes that always leave room to improve.

If anything this shit is the most casual in that you can do a quick run of like Meph or something in 3 minutes then fuck off and pretend you don't have time for video games while posting about video games on a video game website. I swear some of you are gigantic faggots.

No gives a fuck if you can clear the game with a Spirit sword and a Rhyme runeword

That doesn't apply to the end game PvP community and dueling ladders, there are a TON of builds that are not viable without the most expensive and rare gear setups; a typical PvP zealsorc needs 2 dreams, a passion, and a chains of honor; all but the passion are extremely expensive and rare.

and those are the minimum requirements besides +life skillers and crafted dual leech rings and ammys which are also expensive

Not having ANY of this gear means you cannot PvP in this build, just like you can't PvP as a rabies druid without Trangs, Webs, Enigma, and 3 rainbow facets in a lyco helm; as you won't be able to do the damage needed without a bramble replacing enigma

• 1Salty

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
No gives a fuck if you can clear the game with a Spirit sword and a Rhyme runeword

That doesn't apply to the end game PvP community and dueling ladders, there are a TON of builds that are not viable without the most expensive and rare gear setups; a typical PvP zealsorc needs 2 dreams, a passion, and a chains of honor; all but the passion are extremely expensive and rare.

and those are the minimum requirements besides +life skillers and crafted dual leech rings and ammys which are also expensive

Not having ANY of this gear means you cannot PvP in this build, just like you can't PvP as a rabies druid without Trangs, Webs, Enigma, and 3 rainbow facets in a lyco helm; as you won't be able to do the damage needed without a bramble replacing enigma
Lol Diablo 2 pvp

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Have you considered a pvp league where there are restrictions on the gear? PoE has player-organized leagues called "gucci hobo" where the only items you can use are whatever you start with or uniques that drop for you. Admittedly not pvp, but just an idea. Your pvp doesn't have to start at the utmost of gear progression. If you have enough people that feel similarly, you might be able to organize something in good faith.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have you considered a pvp league where there are restrictions on the gear? PoE has player-organized leagues called "gucci hobo" where the only items you can use are whatever you start with or uniques that drop for you. Admittedly not pvp, but just an idea. Your pvp doesn't have to start at the utmost of gear progression. If you have enough people that feel similarly, you might be able to organize something in good faith.
That's already done, there are several items or skills you don't use in GM duels. Such as bone prison or Exile runeword due to the lifetap proc

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, so restrict it further until you get to a gear level that's reasonable within a ladder's lifetime and doesn't require botting.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I've mentioned it before but you could save time and $40 by just playing emulated on a place like /r/slashdiablo. You can multibox 4 accounts, use map hack, has HD graphics mod, nodrop=0 (every single mob drops something when it dies, greatly increasing the chance of loot drops, pretty close to players 8). The only thing not allowed is botting, but there's plenty of trading of high runes and runewords because of the increased drop rate.

Whenever I get the itch I start it up again. I usually 4 box a Sorc to teleport, Skelliemancer to tank, Barb (shout buffs), and a Paladin for auras. Build skeletons, shout buff everyone, tele around with sorcerer. TP in Necro if Sorc can't handle something. If I really want to level past 85, I can do Throne of Destruction by myself (sorc TP's in safe spot, bring in necro, alt + tab to bring in Barb and Paladin. Everyone stands behind super buff skeleton army while I spam sorc spells).

Community is also pretty cool and people will broadcast free stuff all the time.

TL;DR Save yourself $40 and the tedium part of the nostalgia. You will probably get bored and quit in 2 weeks anyway.

slashdiablo.jpg

• 2Moron
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage

You do know that 99% of the people who play D2 give absolutely 0 fucks about the pvp right? It's insta kill garbage. I don't even know what kind of special basement you have to live in to even want to PvP in D2.

• 8Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I've mentioned it before but you could save time and $40 by just playing emulated on a place like /r/slashdiablo. You can multibox 4 accounts, use map hack, has HD graphics mod, nodrop=0 (every single mob drops something when it dies, greatly increasing the chance of loot drops, pretty close to players 8). The only thing not allowed is botting, but there's plenty of trading of high runes and runewords because of the increased drop rate.

Whenever I get the itch I start it up again. I usually 4 box a Sorc to teleport, Skelliemancer to tank, Barb (shout buffs), and a Paladin for auras. Build skeletons, shout buff everyone, tele around with sorcerer. TP in Necro if Sorc can't handle something. If I really want to level past 85, I can do Throne of Destruction by myself (sorc TP's in safe spot, bring in necro, alt + tab to bring in Barb and Paladin. Everyone stands behind super buff skeleton army while I spam sorc spells).

Community is also pretty cool and people will broadcast free stuff all the time.

TL;DR Save yourself $40 and the tedium part of the nostalgia. You will probably get bored and quit in 2 weeks anyway.

View attachment 375142

Taking a picture of your monitor should be a bannable offense.

Learn to snipping tool/snip & sketch.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 2Faggotry
Reactions: 5 users