Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously forgot to switch off of his shit posting account

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
()

So reddit says that the scaling system keeps you at max 20% no matter what you looted ahead. So this perverts the whole point of an Arpg and what you buy and do basically.
Wait, what? I get monsters scaling to 60, but if I'm playing normal I want to obliterate shit by looking at them. If this is the case, thats about as idiotic as not being able to one shot level 30 monsters at 99 in FF15

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m just under 1k CR and switched back to normal. It was easy obviously but I wasn’t one shotting.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
In a new wtf immortal development... apparently, there are no class-specific sets but all the set pieces can drop and be assigned to different classes.

EDIT: Deleted my example since it was well...a shit example.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure what you're saying. I think I have at least one piece of every set now. They don't specifically drop or are assigned to a particular class.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Anyone on Doombringer need a Warband? I'd like to have a full group that can do the warband helliquary.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Wow Blizzard really dropped the ball with this one. So I hit level 60 and asked the best way to get leggos since rifts are a waste of time unless you swiping your card. Usually with a game with a rift system the fastest and optimal way to get legendaries is doing the rifts. Well of course since it’s a P2W system players are farming library of Zulton Kulle. It’s a small area with tons of level 60 killing mobs within seconds. I’m talking about a pure AoE fest. No way in hell that is a enjoyable and rewarding play style. So your grouped up running around and killing anything that’s not a player hoping for it to drop a legendary. Take it for Blizz to fuck things up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wow Blizzard really dropped the ball with this one. So I hit level 60 and asked the best way to get leggos since rifts are a waste of time unless you swiping your card. Usually with a game with a rift system the fastest and optimal way to get legendaries is doing the rifts. Well of course since it’s a P2W system players are farming library of Zulton Kulle. It’s a small area with tons of level 60 killing mobs within seconds. I’m talking about a pure AoE fest. No way in hell that is a enjoyable and rewarding play style. So your grouped up running around and killing anything that’s not a player hoping for it to drop a legendary. Take it for Blizz to fuck things up.
The attraction of low-fun, reliable reward gameplay to online RPG gamers can never be underestimated. These always seem to turn into an arms race where players try to find new and unfun ways to progress while developers try and nerf that garbage (which earns the ire of players). I'd have to have a lot of trust in the developer studio to carefully handle that arms race with discipline before getting into a game like that with intention on spending time in the "end game".

The best general-purpose solution to that I've seen is "dailies" or "weeklies" which give substantial rewards to players for doing a variety of things the developers think are fun. This has the downside of turning the game into something of a list of chores because before doing whatever you want to do, you cycle through a list of dailies.

After doing so many RPGs I have a pretty simple rule: if it's not fun, it had better be temporary and really critical to do. I stopped cared about being a "completionist" in these games about two decades ago.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Don't think that's the best way at all.

Just play the game and they drop. Hit up world bosses in each zone (each have different spawn methods), do Beastiary, do rate up dungeons, do Rifts.

I do like southwest of the library though for the random high spawn spot below the waypoint, for getting Beastiary drops.

Lord Fiender

Potato del Grande
Ah yes, the sad husk of what could have been Diablo online with cross platform mobile play. At it's core it feels like a decent game, mostly d3ish in flavor.

There's plenty of systems and activities in place, but it doesn't feel like any creativity or effort went in to make them feel unique or rewarding. Simple stuff gang. For example, We take reforge stones from the hilt vendor and move them to bounties, bam, bounties worth doing, cause 2k gold from a chest feels like a bad joke. So forth and so on until we have some coherency.

I could in fact list all activities, their rewards, and offer reasonable suggestions that make them feel viable, but I'm not going to. While I would like to see this title live up to it's potential, my vote is to throw in the towel.

I'm all for supporting games I enjoy, a sub, season pass, inventory space, bonus xp, cosmetics, sure. but this hamfisted crest nonsense etc for a quick mobile buck can die fast and hard. I will not support it, even as a free player.

My wtf moment. Bought a skill rune for my charm, turns out you get one wheel of fortune gamble to try and get the mod you bought off the auction house. Pissed me off way more than it should have.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure what you're saying. I think I have at least one piece of every set now. They don't specifically drop or are assigned to a particular class.
Someone was explaining (ranting) it to me and I think I misunderstood what exactly he was trying to say. I thought he was saying sets were assigned to different classes when they drop but from what I gather there is no set assigned to a specific class so if you are playing a crusader it is possible to get something more designed for a necromancer. Then set pieces are gated behind difficulties so it is impossible to a get full set until the very end. Still, a jacked-up system IMO.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Feel like every time I play I unlock a new system, lol.

This.

Its not as bad as Lost Ark, but at least there you have a situation where North American players are in a high-speed catch up to something many years old.

Diablo Immortal has :

Gear slot leveling
Stats on items reroll
Legendary extraction/inherit
Charm advancement
Helliquary advancement + slot items
Regular + Legendary Gems
Legacy of the Horadrim collection / levelling using the not-gems from the key-chests
Paragon levels
Rifts (Elder with crests + Challenge with advancement progression)
Horadric Altar book
Bounties
Shadow/Immortal levels + missions + challenges + Vault + Boons

It seems all a bit much

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Don't think that's the best way at all.

Just play the game and they drop. Hit up world bosses in each zone (each have different spawn methods), do Beastiary, do rate up dungeons, do Rifts.

I do like southwest of the library though for the random high spawn spot below the waypoint, for getting Beastiary drops.

It's worth noting that you should count your legendaries that drop too. There's a diminishing return on their drop after the first one, and after you get 6 in a day, the drop rate is near zero. You'll likely not see one. Come back tomorrow.