Diablo Immortal

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit I didnt know it would delete it.

Rich used 3 3/5 star gems as fodder to upgrade because of the fucked up interface despite having LOADS of /1 and /2 fodders. Then he asked a good question: "Why can't you just salvage the fucking gems you dont want into gem essence?"

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Did the shadow war today. Both clans were capped at 100 but 22 and 24 only managed to show up. We prepped, put on our pvp gear/pvp tailored skills and strategized a bit.

The arena opens up, we go in, event starts after making us wait an eternity and . . .

. . . it’s a PvE DPS Race event where the guild leader is turned into a NPC with shit skills and each guild races to see who can kill the opposing leader the fastest, without either guilds members directly interacting.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did the shadow war today. Both clans were capped at 100 but 22 and 24 only managed to show up. We prepped, put on our pvp gear/pvp tailored skills and strategized a bit.

The arena opens up, we go in, event starts after making us wait an eternity and . . .

. . . it’s a PvE DPS Race event where the guild leader is turned into a NPC with shit skills and each guild races to see who can kill the opposing leader the fastest, without either guilds members directly interacting.
Ours was 41 vs 7 lol, still enjoyed it though and looking forward to Round 2 on Saturday where we face a lower ranked but full clan.

I guess it's just practice to take down The Immortal later.

Not sure how rankings work, we are rank 3 because of our score but are actually the highest level so ???

Are we doing more contracts but less other stuff?

Argarth

On the verandah
Late to the party, and downloaded it on PC just to see for myself.
Runs smooth as butter, looks great, and even the narrow black bars on the sides in Ultrawide aren't annoying. Combat is fast & fun, as others have said, and the port feels really like a PC game should feel. No denying that technically they've done a great job, even for a Beta.

Not spending a dime, since I've already seen some of the bad press, and don't expect to stick around for long once the reality of the FtP grind "experience" sets in.
Then, holy shit, I watched the YT review by Josh Strife Hayes, and blew my mind. Summed up this mess better than any other report I've seen so far. Yikes!

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Great video that pretty much sums up how insidious this game is. This dude deconstructs all the monetization schemes, the 23 currency types and how deep this goes.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Just saw Rich Campbell try PVP after he has been whaling for days. He went 44-0 and was basically soloing the other team.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just saw Rich Campbell try PVP after he has been whaling for days. He went 44-0 and was basically soloing the other team.

he stopped around 5k spent-- the past few days he's slowed down on things. He still spends, but its more like a little here, a few bucks there.

So whaling in this game is seeing a decent return for the money still, as your average whale sicko can probably justify up to 5k spent but over a longer period.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Great video that pretty much sums up how insidious this game is. This dude deconstructs all the monetization schemes, the 23 currency types and how deep this goes.

Just bear with me one sec...

what if they spent all the time they mathed up this gambling shit making the game fun? Like, you know, with content or fun systems or something?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They tanked their reputation for just a few bucks. Whooo 6 million dollars.

1654889092362.png

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
They spent a LOT of time on mathing the gambling stuff.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They tanked their reputation for just a few bucks. Whooo 6 million dollars.

View attachment 416426
Yeah even if they make a profit from immortal, it's added a p2w stigma to the company that will not only make people less likely to play their games but be very sensitive to any p2w mechanics in future games. Even cosmetic and QOL options will be seen as testing the waters before turning a game into a whalefest.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
D4 will be their biggest launch ever.

The only thing that is going to stop this horseshit is legislation.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users