Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man the reveal trailer is at 20k likes and 221k dislikes, and apparently YouTube has removed over 100k dislikes. Do companies pay them to do that? Lol wtf

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I really hate the "PC Gamers are acting like entitled asshholes," bit.

1) They are entitled. Entitled to want what they want and make it known when the product they're getting is nothing at all that they want.
2) They did help build the brand collectively. Through countless hours playing, and modding, and discussing and strategizing through various iterations over the years. There is an investment and it is perfectly acceptable to expect a return.
3) They are entitled not to be baited by corporate shills pushing a product they have to 100% know their core audience isn't interested in.

I honestly don't care, or blame them for wanting in on the mobile market but this was a bad idea all around.

Announce Diablo 4 (or better yet World of Diablo), release date TBA, but to tide you over, take a look at Diablo Immortal (or better yet Diablo Shelter) releasing early next year. With some cool exclusive cosmetic content that will transfer to D4 on release. Profit.

Also: all of this after the absolute debacle of D3, RMAH, terrible plot, terrible misread on the community. Makes me sad about the future of Diablo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
r778xg0vx2w11.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
There have to be bean counters that know that there's more money moving forward with these cash grabs even if you piss off your core audience and get tons of bad press for it.

Sad reality but it has to be the case. Right?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I've been waiting for a World of Diablo for like 10 years now and this is the shit that we get?

Burn in Hell Blizzard.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This should have been announced on a blog post < 1 month from release. Mobile games just show up on the store or with very little fanfare, there isn't a tradition of lengthy lead-up for a mobile game because of the nature of the platform.

It should not have been announced as the flagship release at a convention whose entire focus was PC and some console gaming. That was a horrific misfire of marketing mostly because even the most junior staffer would be able to say that this was a bad idea.

It's also gonna put a serious damper on sales of future Blizzcon tickets and, quite likely, eviscerate the Virtual Ticket sales for the next con.

• 3Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Bethesda had the good sense to follow up Elder Scrolls: Blades' announcement with a ES6 teaser. Zero outrage given as a result

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That isn’t a bad point. Completely forgot about ES:B and just remember the non-trailer of ES:VI that is like 4 years away. But even that wiped away the mobile game shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That isn’t a bad point. Completely forgot about ES:B and just remember the non-trailer of ES:VI that is like 4 years away. But even that wiped away the mobile game shit.

Was Bethesday teasing they had big ES news beforehand? Not expecting anything and getting a "non-trailer" is 100x better than expecting something big and getting this garbage.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Was Bethesday teasing they had big ES news beforehand? Not expecting anything and getting a "non-trailer" is 100x better than expecting something big and getting this garbage.

Not sure. I’m really bad at any of these cons and being on top of leaks / announcements so go in to most completely blind. Unless there’s been a post here with good action it is all new to me.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the reason why this happened is because the people who built blizzard are gone. they understood the nature of gaming, of fans. those guys created a ton of faith with their style of "soon" because you knew they weren't going to shill to anyone. they made the games they wanted and they wouldn't release it unless they knew it was up to their own extremely high standards.

those guys are all gone. either retired or moved to other companies. in their place they left people who were talented, but have effectively stolen the faith we had from the the people who built blizzard with their blood sweat and tears. i'm not trying to be dramatic, but that's what's going on. it's old money vs new money. old money worked from nothing to have something. new money just waited for someone to die.

again, i'm not saying they aren't talented, but they have done NOTHING to earn the respect that they think they are owed. this is what happens with every self-entitled, rich, immature developer who looks at the audience as dollar signs. if you go to work and your boss decides to not pay you, you throw a fit and tell him off, threaten to walk out, tell him how much he needs you, not the other way around.

that's what this is. blizzard telling all the fans that they don't care about what we want. we as fans are important only so far as we continue to pay them.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Lol, the new "you think you do, but you don't"

"Do you guys even have phones?"

No dude, we don't have phones, that's totally why we're upset.

Them saying "Do you guys even have phones?".....

It's like telling your GF she's getting it up the pooper tonight, if she disagrees you say "Do you even have an asshole?"

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you should definitely find more places to tell the same joke that you ripped off from reddit

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Here's a nice rundown of the damage control efforts....

• 3Like

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Terrible. If they were just going to reskin another game they should have just made a Diablo MMO over the old WoW.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I barely game at all anymore, so my interest in this is purely from the perspective of watching Blizzard trip over their own dick. They absolutely, positively could have made this game a success for the company. All they needed to do was flip the script and let NetEase led, focus on China first, and hoover up licensing profits.

What idiot thought it was a good idea to push a mobile game at BlizzCon of all places? It's so clearly NOT the audience that will end up buying this. This is a huge unforced error on their part.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Can a mod Rickshaw this thread? Diablo mobile topic has been beaten to the ground and back in the D3 thread.