Diablo Immortal

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Do these games really make that much money?
I just can't imagine a game like this can make a lot more money than say a clash royale style game with the warcraft IP.

Hard to say, but seeing as they just outsourced it to a chinese company that seems to have just painted over an already existing game, the production costs can't be very high at all, which means it doesn't even need to make a shitload to be profitable. Not that the damage done to the brand makes it worth it though...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Hard to say, but seeing as they just outsourced it to a chinese company that seems to have just painted over an already existing game, the production costs can't be very high at all, which means it doesn't even need to make a shitload to be profitable. Not that the damage done to the brand makes it worth it though...
Don't pretend there isn't at least a million Blizzard fanboys who will love any turd they push out

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Don't pretend there isn't at least a million Blizzard fanboys who will love any turd they push out

I didn't say anything of the sort. I think I'm the only one on here that has suggested it's going to be successful, rather than the negatives of it being a mobile port instead of a real sequel.

If Fallout Shelter can make 100million, then a Diablo game shouldn't have any trouble reaching that or more unless the game format is just not that popular (I don't play mobile games so I have no clue just how popular the action games are)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I didn't say anything of the sort. I think I'm the only one on here that has suggested it's going to be successful, rather than the negatives of it being a mobile port instead of a real sequel.

If Fallout Shelter can make 100million, then a Diablo game shouldn't have any trouble reaching that or more unless the game format is just not that popular (I don't play mobile games so I have no clue just how popular the action games are)

Man I can't even figure out how to play Fallout Shelter. That game made 100 mil? Fallout Shelter is a different type of game than the originals though, whereas this Diablo mobile game isn't. If they had done a Darkest Dungeon type game for the phone but with Diablo, people would have loved it, but they idiotically didn't do that.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol, the new "you think you do, but you don't"

"Do you guys even have phones?"

No dude, we don't have phones, that's totally why we're upset.

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Man I can't even figure out how to play Fallout Shelter. That game made 100 mil? Fallout Shelter is a different type of game than the originals though, whereas this Diablo mobile game isn't. If they had done a Darkest Dungeon type game for the phone but with Diablo, people would have loved it, but they idiotically didn't do that.

Yeah, it did. Bethesda thought they'd make a tenth of that at most supposedly, and were shocked at how much revenue they made within the first 24 hours. And I agree with the second part. a DD type Diablo would have gone over really well (provided it wasn't hinted that it was a full sequel)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The problem is this stuff makes tons of cash but the die hard player base still wants an actual game. We're completely outnumbered by toilet gamers and truth of it is, most of us are too. So this is what we get... I hate the mobile market is driving the market financially when they could have been devoting it to something with more substance but i'd say that takes more money and probably less return. Oh well... I'm still holding on that there are better announcements on the way.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This isn’t a toilet game though. This is trying to actually be some “skill”. These ARPG controls on the screen are all terrible to control and just not relaxing.

I would have played Diablo Shelter.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't checked out the business model at all, but if it's pay to win like other phone games then it'll make a shitload. It's the same sort of breakdown as alcohol companies... The majority of profits come from the 5-10% of consumers that can't control themselves and end up overindulging. The existence of "whales" like that are what allow free to play games to run.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The problem is this stuff makes tons of cash but the die hard player base still wants an actual game. We're completely outnumbered by toilet gamers and truth of it is, most of us are too. So this is what we get... I hate the mobile market is driving the market financially when they could have been devoting it to something with more substance but i'd say that takes more money and probably less return. Oh well... I'm still holding on that there are better announcements on the way.

Blizzard over estimates the power of their name and the franchise name of Diablo. This game won't attract the huge amount of kiddos they think it will. Diablo lives by the fans, and the vast majority of fans don't want a fucking phone game. I think it's going to flop. There are way better phone games that fit the target demo (kids) than this.

This isn’t a toilet game though. This is trying to actually be some “skill”. These ARPG controls on the screen are all terrible to control and just not relaxing.

Yeah, that's the feeling I got form the UI too. Why the fuck would the vast majority of people play a skill based phone game lmao? Although they'll probably just make it really easy and you can just tap shit randomly and shit will just melt all around you.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the ONLY reason to make a mobile game is to make it free to play with really heavy mtx's. and it's exceedingly hard to do that with arpg's without making it insultingly obvious that that's what you're doing.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Should have just made a Diablo slot machine game, I would download that for free.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So awkward. God, how did they think this would NOT garner this kind of reaction? This is the first flop announcement I've ever seen from Blizzard. It's only made worse because somehow the presenter still looks so genuinely excited.

This looks like they reskinned an Apple keynote to go along with their reskinned game.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Yeah, this will make a good chunk of cash. Nostalgia + gigantic user-base = profits. There are a lot of people that played D/D2 in their youth and gave up gaming long ago, but have a good phone and a desire for something to do for short blocks of time.

People old enough to remember real games and could play Diablo 2 in it’s prime aren’t complete faggot cucks who wanna play phone games. Anyone excited for this deserves a tea spoon of super aids in their butt.

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol I keep reading "This is a full Diablo experience " everywhere.

No, no it isn't.

The balls they must have to even make that claim...

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’d like more mobile games that don’t completely suck. I have no expectations that this won’t suck.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm

Exactly. Many mobile RPGs have "auto play"... probably because most players can't be bothered to fight horrible mobile control schemes for any extended period of time.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I think the problem here is that they looked at games such as Fallout Shelter and thought, "hey, let's do Diablo in mobile!" but failed to realise that while Fallout Shelter is "set" in the Fallout world, it is not a Fallout type game. It just uses the same themes, and styles, but it's game-play is designed around mobile devices, and works quite well for it. It's a game you can play on the shitter, then leave for a few hours, rinse repeat.

Had they done something similar, for example created a mobile only card game (like Hearthstone) but with Diablo themes, I think it would have worked out better, and would have received a lot more positive ratings. But an ARPG on mobile... it's just not physically compatible.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've tried a LOT of these ARPG/MOBA mobile games and the genres are just unsuitable for a mobile device even if the games are fun (I liked Vainglory the best), they are just getting kids who don't own PCs play them.

If I'm on my mobile.. I'M MOBILE. I can't be playing a fucking multiplayer game on the train (oops disconnected and now your battery is low!) or sitting with my family (sorry I can't talk right now, I'm in a dungeon). Even Hearthstone I'll be playing it on something bigger than a phone.

Only thing that's worked for me are the Final Fantasy mobile games or puzzle games because it's turn based and you can put them down whenever you like, the UIs are also very simple for touch.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users