Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The new Battlepass is underwhelming.

Adding at least 1 more legendary crests would have went a long way towards actually making it a decision.

Looks like it's going to be a skip for most players this time. The avatar is very Diablo-esque but the contents of the BP look almost like a step down in rewards from the last BP. In-game feedback in chat upon reception has been pretty negative on it. Stuff like "This BP is noob". You'd have to be a huge Immortal hound to get on the paid BP this season.
People that are spending money on this arent exactly fretting over the, comparatively, low cost of a battle pass.

Im surprised that many of you have stuck to this game, F2P or not. After the main progression, its just pointless grinding. The builds dont even change after a damage ratio or similar.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Im surprised that many of you have stuck to this game, F2P or not. After the main progression, its just pointless grinding. The builds dont even change after a damage ratio or similar.
The only reason why so many people are still playing cause it's a Diablo game. People love Diablo and want a new Diablo game to play. Diablo 4 is going to be huge when it comes out even if it's a mediocre game. But as much of a Diablo Andy fanboy I am, I stopped playing this train wreck of a game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I jumped from 1300 CR to 1750 CR (beyond even my current guildleader who started playing on launch day whos stuck in the 1600s with bad luck) in a Rank 8 Dark clan overall (not amazingly competitive but legit nonetheless). I joined 3 weeks after launch FTP and smoked him with just casual grind and casual play.

All within 2-3 sessions of a few hours. Make sure you have a Challenge Rift 30 solo completion to enhance rewards and make sure your Challenge Rift 12 solo is also done. I'm 99% sure I broke 1250 CR world grinding Hell 1.

I wouldn't worry about H2 right now. You need more rolls on legendaries. Clear beastiary every day, do the pvp daily. They're both decent chances at leggos and take only a short session. Maxing beastiary in a good farm spot takes maybe 1h at best if you know the spots. Only 2-3 of my legendaries are from Ancient Elites orange mobs. Once I got to 800 CR or 900 CR I remember thinking how much of a leap it is to 1250. You just have to go hard via the mechanics that are available in the game. If you aren't clearing full beastiary rewards every reset, you are playing wrong. I did a few dungeon grind nights, maybe 5-6 runs per session? And you just hit the RNG and I got more drops than I knew what to do with in H2 runs. I'm mid 1700's CR and feels like I barely played. A huge leap for me was I got a big titanforge on a mainhand weapon that was worth around 100 CR when I equipped it felt like. A triple green arrow, which at 1500 CR was a huge boon.

Get those 2 solo challenge rift completions done or I'm almost certain it will have a very negative effect on your titanforging and paragon level of the leggos you are having drop.

At 72 paragon right now it feels like I can hit 2,000 CR with a little more grind work.
Good advice, I had a shitty streak and was stuck around 1200 at paragon 40, then got 3 huge upgrades in a row and now Im around 1550 (still not great but a huge jump compared to 4+ days without a single upgrade) 2 times now I've gotten 2 legendaries from 1 beastiary turn-in).

Soloing Challenge Rift 30 Did seem like it made a big difference but it could also just be RNG.

I'm actually ashamed to admit I'm still playing, But I'm enjoying my time for like an hour or so a day. Still have no plans to spend a cent but I do hope they make some positive changes whenever the main update comes this month. I think it's the thrill of identifying a set / legendary piece and hoping to see an upgrade, I dont think it'll last much longer without a content update, though.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Same rift system. Just that 12 and 30 are both the loot break points for enhanced rewards.

There is some element of luck with the titanforging in getting good CR upgrades. I trashed probably 10-12 legendaries before getting something big time.

This was good advice, I had no idea rift 30 changed the loot. I had been in the 1120-1160 range from like p20 to p50, now in 1 day after finishing rift 30 I'm at 1300

Fuzzynutts

Lord Nagafen Raider
First get to Challenge Rift 30 and then get to Rift 60+Paragon 80 will bring you your next huge bump. The other thing that helps is spending at least $100k in gold gambling with the Rare NPC trader just south of the blacksmith. Dont buy your secondary armor from him, but do buy your Primary Armor, Weapons, and jewelry. He does drop legend gear and you might even get a bump in CR by him giving you gear that's at your current paragon level.

Chris

Potato del Grande
2 things held my attention:
1) Shadows vs Immortals
2) Raiding

Shadows vs Immortals seemed to end with ONE Shadow Clan becoming Immortals, I think they should have had the top 10 be promoted because I was in a top 3 clan and it was just really anticlimatic after fighting twice a week to be in the top 10.

With raiding I joined an organised group and got server 3rd on the highest difficulty fire boss. Then apparently ice boss wasn't out and now it is, it has crazy CR scaling per difficulty level. Meanwhile game is saying that my Helliquay is "poor".

So I quit a few weeks ago.

They also screwed themselves out of x5 replayability by locking everything to one character and forcing a storyline replay - a lesson they learned in D3 and forgot about.

But yeah there's one weekend event to look forward too in the next month!?!? Fuck that.

I got a box price worth of enjoyment of it but the two battlepass and paragon battle pass I bought were a waste of money and I regret it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
First get to Challenge Rift 30 and then get to Rift 60+Paragon 80 will bring you your next huge bump. The other thing that helps is spending at least $100k in gold gambling with the Rare NPC trader just south of the blacksmith. Dont buy your secondary armor from him, but do buy your Primary Armor, Weapons, and jewelry. He does drop legend gear and you might even get a bump in CR by him giving you gear that's at your current paragon level.

Adding onto this.

The snow mountains where you collect relics and the counter fills up and you follow the ancient that spawns for the event, and at the end of the event he purges your relics you collected from farming there.

He drops several relics during the event, so if you don't have the stamina for grinding a bunch of them, the event itself can provide something.

This is a major source of legendary chances for casual players. This event alone I've seen 2-3 legendaries per round. Max turn in is 10 pieces. It's a chance similar to Beastiary reward, I figure its 3-5% dice roll on a legendary, maybe even slightly higher around 10%. I just know every time I do the event I get at least 1 leggo if not 2-3.

Just another source of legendary rolls you can access without being too grindy. If you focus your efforts in the right areas with the playtime you do have, you can continue prog without sinking a ton of hours in.

Obviously if you are hunting armor sets via dungeon runs, the game becomes mind numbing grind. I have avoided grinding runs so far. I did a few sessions, got a bunch of shit enough for a couple different 2-sets, a few decent titanforges, and haven't grinded in a week on dungeons.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People that are spending money on this arent exactly fretting over the, comparatively, low cost of a battle pass.

Point blank, the shadow war is the only thing keeping people logging on. There is no other reason to play the game.

Server politics between Immortals and the dark clans gets really weird and high school-esque (probably because many of these immortals are in highschool). There are mechanics built into the game where Immortals can be backstabbed, fortunately Blizzard made it interesting. This happened just before the new season and has a lot of people on my server feeling more positive about competition now. A bunch of immortals and allies to Immortals stabbed the tyrant in the back finally.

Not a fan of how heavy the game is on Discord drama though. The average age is young as expected. While I like the PvP mechanics more than any other game right now, I don't know how much I can progress up the politics ladder without being a little kid. It's all card swiper elitists and little kids in Discord at the top of the Immortal vs Shadow war. A bit too serious for me but I'm still trying to get a piece of the action.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The new Battlepass is underwhelming.

Adding at least 1 more legendary crests would have went a long way towards actually making it a decision.

Looks like it's going to be a skip for most players this time. The avatar is very Diablo-esque but the contents of the BP look almost like a step down in rewards from the last BP. In-game feedback in chat upon reception has been pretty negative on it. Stuff like "This BP is noob". You'd have to be a huge Immortal hound to get on the paid BP this season.

They did the same thing as the first kill bonuses. The first week it was like "ok, a legendary selector for the 7th day not bad. Then next week, the 7th day reward was like 150 hilts lmao.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The way Shadow War is implemented is quite possibly the shittiest, dumbest design to grace online gaming in the last two decades, if not possibly ever. I get upset when people use whales and legendary gems as their number one complaint of this game because DI truly has some of the dumbest most idiotic design decisions and I feel like all the whale and legendary complaints are providing unintentional cover of this tragedy which should be receiving a hell of a lot more criticism than it is.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Shadow war flaws show up when you want to get serious about competing and it's basically disallowed, or you didn't suck the right dicks.

The reason there aren't complaints is probably because everyone outside of the bubble is a casual or can't take the game serious. My server shrunk down to just the people inside the bubble very quickly, way before this new season. Server merges aren't far off now.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I get upset when people use whales and legendary gems as their number one complaint of this game because DI truly has some of the dumbest most idiotic design decisions and I feel like all the whale and legendary complaints are providing unintentional cover of this tragedy which should be receiving a hell of a lot more criticism than it is.

Pay2win/gem complaints are becoming more related to social perception and less about player power. I.E. Challenge Rift completion against Other clan leaders has been used to discriminate against people. If Y guildleader has you beat in Challenge Rift, and current elites see that, you won't get any opportunities. "You can't be below X guildleader in challenge rift and become an Immortal" was told straight to someones face. "Go beat that leader and we'll make you an Immortal". Wouldn't surprise me if they start measuring how much money you spent $ on the game to see who is worthy and who isn't. The challenge rift incident I saw is along the same lines.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I have one question for this game. Can you play the game completely for free, or do you HAVE to spend money at some point to do anything?

I'm not really big on mobile games, but a new Diablo is kind of intriguing. I hate that it's not on PC or even console, but if I can play it a little here and there on my phone completely for free, I might add it to my list of apps on my phone that I "sometimes" click on when I am bored.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
it's free in the same way that you could absolutely get free internet today just by searching out and collecting old AOL dialup free trial CD's and using one every 30 days.

Technically it works, but why would you bother with all that work for such an inferior product?

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I have one question for this game. Can you play the game completely for free, or do you HAVE to spend money at some point to do anything?

I'm not really big on mobile games, but a new Diablo is kind of intriguing. I hate that it's not on PC or even console, but if I can play it a little here and there on my phone completely for free, I might add it to my list of apps on my phone that I "sometimes" click on when I am bored.
You can play it on PC, says its beta right now but you can hop off the pc and jump on the same char on your phone (i use a ps5 controller).

Haven't spent anything and im slowly getting slight upgrades in hell 2

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Adding onto this.

The snow mountains where you collect relics and the counter fills up and you follow the ancient that spawns for the event, and at the end of the event he purges your relics you collected from farming there.

He drops several relics during the event, so if you don't have the stamina for grinding a bunch of them, the event itself can provide something.

This is a major source of legendary chances for casual players. This event alone I've seen 2-3 legendaries per round. Max turn in is 10 pieces. It's a chance similar to Beastiary reward, I figure its 3-5% dice roll on a legendary, maybe even slightly higher around 10%. I just know every time I do the event I get at least 1 leggo if not 2-3.

Just another source of legendary rolls you can access without being too grindy. If you focus your efforts in the right areas with the playtime you do have, you can continue prog without sinking a ton of hours in.

Obviously if you are hunting armor sets via dungeon runs, the game becomes mind numbing grind. I have avoided grinding runs so far. I did a few sessions, got a bunch of shit enough for a couple different 2-sets, a few decent titanforges, and haven't grinded in a week on dungeons.

I've done the relic thing plenty of times, probably 200+ turn ins. Never got a legendary from that, just salvage fodder. Gambling at the merchant has been useless as well, 10 primary armor and 10 weapon a day for like 15 days now and no legendaries from that either. RNG is a bitch I guess. Up to 1400 CR though, so still making progress. 1 thing I found hilarious, was running dungeons trying for at pieces and someone in my group found a hidden lair. Turns out he was in h3, however. I was getting 1 shot by mobs that weren't on screen over and over lol

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've done the relic thing plenty of times, probably 200+ turn ins. Never got a legendary from that, just salvage fodder. Gambling at the merchant has been useless as well, 10 primary armor and 10 weapon a day for like 15 days now and no legendaries from that either. RNG is a bitch I guess. Up to 1400 CR though, so still making progress. 1 thing I found hilarious, was running dungeons trying for at pieces and someone in my group found a hidden lair. Turns out he was in h3, however. I was getting 1 shot by mobs that weren't on screen over and over lol

I'm close to breaking into H3 but my CR is trailing now. I had good momentum on RNG but it's hitting the rocks. Going to try a few dungeon grinder sessions and maybe get some bigger titanforges on set pieces.

And yeah I just did relic and got nothing for the first time off 10 turn ins. PvP daily had nothing. Also spent 200k gold on gambling, got nothing.

I'm about 200 CR from 2k where I'll be able to lock a rift 60 in and get consistent upgrades. You start feeling the predatory monetization from the CR they added to gems, but I'm holding strong and refuse to buy any. It'd be very easy to swipe card and be in h3 from where I am though.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

I mean sure. I find mobile games, as a whole, just suck. I can't believe people spend time, let alone money, on them. Tiny screen, shitty controls, shallow gaming, poor battery life....I could go on.

With that being said, DI is probably one of the better ones Graphics are good for a mobile, gameplay is OK, still shallow compared to things you can play on console or PC.

So is this a game you can play for free, log on once in a while when you are bored? Absolutely. In fact, the better part of the game is probably the 1-60 levelling. Things really slow down and become a monotonous grind once you are into the Paragon levels.

But for FUCKS SAKE, DO NOT SPEND A DIME ON THIS GAME. Play it for free. Do not reward them even a penny for their predatory, pernicious behavior. If DI turns out to be a big hit, other companies are going to look into making more games like DI. This is going to affect the PC, console, and mobile gaming platforms adversely.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
But for FUCKS SAKE, DO NOT SPEND A DIME ON THIS GAME. Play it for free. Do not reward them even a penny for their predatory, pernicious behavior. If DI turns out to be a big hit, other companies are going to look into making more games like DI. This is going to affect the PC, console, and mobile gaming platforms adversely.

Sadly, if the numbers are correct and even with min-charge backs(Cause you know that is gonna happen), there still coming out ahead..

Every single person would need too initiate a charge back I think in order too make any change happen at all...

RIP Blizzard, and the future of any game that even thinks about this predatory monetization..

• 1Truth!