Diablo Immortal

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I think I pretty much accomplished everything I can as F2P (and no, no battle pass or anything). Paragon 170, 4340 CR, 605 resonance (and I don't legitimately see a way to increase this at any reasonable pace anymore unless I get a lucky drop with an eternal crest that I can sell for 100-200k Plat). Legends rank in pvp (4100 score), my clan has been immortal for 5 weeks now and defended the reign 3 times (though I think we lose tomorrow since we need to win 8 matches at this point). There's definitely a dramatic decline in the pop of my server at this point, I think hell 4 was a breaking point for the general circle of players with my activity level. Running hundreds of the same dungeon over and over only to get nothing 90% of the time, the wrong set 90% of the time something does drop, and poor rolls 90% of the time you do get the set you want all so you can continue doing the same content broke everyone. Fractured plane was a good content update, but that's the only thing in 3 months or however long the game has been out. They needed that type of content on a weekly basis to keep people interested.

The totally broken resonance system needed SOME method (poop socking or whatever, anything) for f2p to compete with spenders. I genuinely think it's a real shame, the general game play was fun until it became kind numbingly repetitive. The hollowed out core of a good game is here but there's no way to unlock it at this point. If they change the resonance system now, all the whales will reverse their charges; they bought into a system to make them stronger than anyone else, it can't be changed now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No gem fragment currency system for FTP to poopsock grind is the nail in the coffin.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fractured plane was a good content update, but that's the only thing in 3 months or however long the game has been out. They needed that type of content on a weekly basis to keep people interested.

Fractured Plane is just a beta test for a main D4 feature. There is absolutely no chance a game being rushed to release (D4) isn't going to borrow the marquee ideas and innovation from Immortal since the executives of Immortal are so close to D4 development.

The Plane is really the only way to make rifting/challenge rifts more fun. That's pretty much an accepted fact at this point. Doing the entire D4 rift system in Fractured Plane style with enhanced layers, loot, and currency is really their only chance to hook anyone on D4 and compete with POE.

They can continue to enhance the concept into a fully realized Torghast that people wanted for Shadowlands. The demand for a fully realized Torghast was tremendous during SL, and it seems Blizzard has not forgotten about it-- as the design of Fractured Plane is almost fully plagiarized from Torghast. They know its popular and they will utilize it. It's a sign of life for Immortal/Blizzard that they are listening, but again it stops short of being a true meaningful content update due to it's current limited implementation in Immortal.

When it shows up in D4 I'll come back here to say I was right.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I haven't even done it yet butnon paper it sounds really neat. I just dont have 2 hours to waste for a single chance at a legendary that is 99% likely to not be an upgrade.

That said, I really should give it a try soon, sounds pretty damned awesome.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No, you're absolutely right and its becoming more and more obvious every week.

Curious how many people stopped playing already......I know my playtime went way down and I'm admittedly ashamed I even lasted this long.

I played from 1-60, then noped out, never spent a cent. Game sucks.

• 1Solidarity

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Hahaha yeah, games dead at this point.

Terrible "mini-update" with a few more lame events and a helliquarry 5 min encounter with a CR requirement barely even attainable as a f2p / low spender. Also, no update in 2 weeks to wait for the "MAJOR UPDATE" that will probably be a Hell 6+ roll-out with minimal content added.

Fuck that, I hate myself for thinking more worthwhile shit would be coming soon. Doesn't even look like they added any legendaries this round. Oh well, got my 6 piece Grace set and Ill see if the next update actually piques my interest, otherwise I am officially done.

Better late than never!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Also, no update in 2 weeks to wait for the "MAJOR UPDATE" that will probably be a Hell 6+ roll-out with minimal content added.
So I guess that in 4 weeks there'll be a new zone?

One zone every four months seems a bit thin when Genshin Impact just released six zones with more on the way in a few months.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So I guess that in 4 weeks there'll be a new zone?

One zone every four months seems a bit thin when Genshin Impact just released six zones with more on the way in a few months.

Thats what I'm guessing, it'll definitely be a letdown regardless.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hahaha yeah, games dead at this point.

Terrible "mini-update" with a few more lame events and a helliquarry 5 min encounter with a CR requirement barely even attainable as a f2p / low spender. Also, no update in 2 weeks to wait for the "MAJOR UPDATE" that will probably be a Hell 6+ roll-out with minimal content added.

Fuck that, I hate myself for thinking more worthwhile shit would be coming soon. Doesn't even look like they added any legendaries this round. Oh well, got my 6 piece Grace set and Ill see if the next update actually piques my interest, otherwise I am officially done.

Better late than never!

Yeah I'm good. Haven't logged in since last Tuesday.

4 more weeks for a new zone isn't going to cut it. Neither is additional CR-level content like H6 or new raids. No currency systems or additional gear systems, no care.

Fractured Plane showed they have a pulse and developers working on new content, but unfortunately it's all too little compared to other offerings in the space. As Obsidian Obsidian said, there was a game here, but they failed to take it over the finish line. Just a little more in the same direction in a few areas could turn it all around but Blizzard was inept.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Imagine how funny it will be if they don't release a new zone and it's just rebalancing the hell modes and letting you extract set bonuses and a few new sets.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm good. Haven't logged in since last Tuesday.

4 more weeks for a new zone isn't going to cut it. Neither is additional CR-level content like H6 or new raids. No currency systems or additional gear systems, no care.

Fractured Plane showed they have a pulse and developers working on new content, but unfortunately it's all too little compared to other offerings in the space. As Obsidian Obsidian said, there was a game here, but they failed to take it over the finish line. Just a little more in the same direction in a few areas could turn it all around but Blizzard was inept.

Except. there is no game here. It's a Skinner box.

Honestly, why would you play this "game" on a console or PC? There are hundreds of actual games with better gameplay loops than this. Even D2 and D3 are better than this.

Stop and think for a second if you are actually getting any enjoyment out of your gameplay, or if you are playing just because you fear missing out on your daily "rewards".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

How to really please fans. Remove the paid reforge stones from the cash shop and add them to Fractured Plane rewards.

There's just only so much failed half ass design people are going to tolerate. The game is experiencing a worldwide crash as we speak.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

Comments Popcorn GIF by HyperX

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Comments Popcorn GIF by HyperX

Too late to be effective but just glad something was finally done by Blizzard.

The damage, however, is also done.

Still nice to see people responsible for frauding pay2win get set right and sent packing.

One of the players affected is one of the game’s top Battlegrounds Wizards, Shia, who showed an image of their -2,491,025 orb balance – an amount that would cost almost $35k USD / £31k GBP to pay off through purchases on Blizzard’s in-game store

Remember what I said last month. They aren't whaling.

5k reso guy you see with wings didn't spend money on the shop.

They're just frauding. And it's been widespread since launch.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Good now they need to put serious effort in cracking down on spooners/scripters/botters. I don’t understand why companies these days are unwilling to hire one minimum wage GM who can pop down to the popular cheating destinations once a day, mass kick/ban them, then move on. It’s the same shit as in GW2 and just about every online game over the last decade.

It’s astounding that in 2022 i’d be elated to go back to EverQuests petition/reporting/CS system from the 90’s, even as flawed as it was. I can’t imagine companies are saving money in the short term and long term by refusing to police their games with a single live human, either.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
There's a whale on my server that got caught in this illegitimate orb deal; Blizz basically half assed the ban/restrictions. They can still play bgs, they just can't group in them. That means they can continue to absolutely smoke other people in bgs with their enormous stat advantage for another few months/years until other people catch up in stats. Even the dungeon ban is half assed; they can't join other parties, but they can make their own. Now they can't equip new gear so there's no real reason for them to do dungeons, so I guess there's that. They can even still participate in rite and shadow wars. Hypothetically you could have a clan of soft banned players join together and gain immortal status every other cycle with their enormous resonance advantages.

The problem in bgs/wars is that their stat advantage is so extreme they will continue to have better stats until F2P reach hell 7 or something. Right now at 4400 cr and 605 resonance I have about 62k hp and 5k damage. There is someone in my clan with 2800 cr but 3000 resonance with something like 85k hp and 7k damage. Despite a huge gear advantage, I'm way weaker in a bg/war than him (different in pve since cr is such a huge gatekeeper). Blizz basically did a soft ban on these people hoping they'd buy their way back in or something

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Blizzard confirms this week there will be no hard punishment for fraudulent orbs or fake whaling.

1662976539377.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Legitimate whales share their gripes with Blizzard Entertainment over the recent decision to allow fraudulent orb acquisition as a means of play.

1662976680628.png

5k reso is tens of thousands of dollars.

1662976767818.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nobody is surprised by that, if they outright banned there is 0% chance they'd get any future revenue from that account, even if its the right thing to do for being engaged in fraud. Now they can run the miniscule chance a whale pays the deficit back