Diablo Immortal

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Normal, sane people simply call the freemiums shit games and stop (or never start) playing without giving them another penny. The fact that there are abnormal people who latch on to these things like a gambling addiction is a more serious problem than a company whoring an IP out for $$$.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Normal, sane people simply call the freemiums shit games and stop (or never start) playing without giving them another penny. The fact that there are abnormal people who latch on to these things like a gambling addiction is a more serious problem than a company whoring an IP out for $$$.

I mean it’s like slot machines where you do nothing but push the button and watch the event play out.

Only, there’s no chance of actually winning money.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean it’s like slot machines where you do nothing but push the button and watch the event play out.

Only, there’s no chance of actually winning money.

No you fool. It's even more brilliant. You keep giving it money and it pays you in pixel bucks to buy pixels with.

Then it demands more money!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

It depends on disposable income. Some people spend $200 a week at a bar. Others do it playing video games *shrug*. Whatever people wanna do with their money is their business, it doesnt mean they are abnormal. Though if they ruin their financial lives on it, sure. But that also applies to anything, like going to a bar.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The beauty of a mobile game is you can go spend money at the bar while you spend money on your game.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It depends on disposable income. Some people spend $200 a week at a bar. Others do it playing video games *shrug*. Whatever people wanna do with their money is their business, it doesnt mean they are abnormal. Though if they ruin their financial lives on it, sure. But that also applies to anything, like going to a bar.
Something about fools and money...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I think comparing this to severe alcoholism is appropriate

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Jesus Christ reading through some of this shit and how much money you guy pay on mobile games for nothing blows my goddamn mind.

I think after reading this thread I am going to get into mobile gaming. I am going to put together a new Kickstarter here shortly for a game and call it “High Score” or “The List” there will be no real game just a list with your name next to it and how much money you paid, I will make it reset weekly so new players can catch up and masterbate at their high score. Maybe I will make it colorful and add anime cat ladies for the weebs or something.

@a_skeleton_03 feel free to DM me if you want in. Taking investors now. 😝

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ reading through some of this shit and how much money you guy pay on mobile games for nothing blows my goddamn mind.

I think after reading this thread I am going to get into mobile gaming. I am going to put together a new Kickstarter here shortly for a game and call it “High Score” or “The List” there will be no real game just a list with your name next to it and how much money you paid, I will make it reset weekly so new players can catch up and masterbate at their high score. Maybe I will make it colorful and add anime cat ladies for the weebs or something.

Are you telling me you didn't have the sudden urge to drop $10k when you saw the Clash of Clans ad one time?

I like to think there's a lot of truth to the Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer shenanigans. They farmed that shit out to some company and slapped it on their game. Low and behold they had whales dropping $15k+ on that shit. Which quickly evolved into lootbox city that we all know and love today.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Wait? If we are misogynists for not liking this, does that mean there is no derivation of perverse pleasure? How is this even a "video game" then?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

real players pay money and not even play the game. Shit, I have all the dlc's of CK2 and I don't play the game. I just like the feeling that I have them all. That's like 300 bucks down the drain. Now I have the urge to do the same with EU4

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Wait? If we are misogynists for not liking this, does that mean there is no derivation of perverse pleasure? How is this even a "video game" then?

he might have a gif of a word game on a website. Technically it's a video of a game. Let the lawyers sort it out later

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
You guy might think I am exaggerating or being facetious but I am seriously going to work on the game I just mentioned and see how many dipshits I can siphon money from.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
You guy might think I am exaggerating or being facetious but I am seriously going to work on the game I just mentioned and see how many dipshits I can siphon money from.

you should apply for a dev position at CIG. They would love to have you on board and work on Star Citizen

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
DrLatNzVAAAyplc.jpg large.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
meam w/ context included

image0.png