Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xerge

<Donor>
Barb, wiz, demon hunter, monk, crusader, and necro are my options

What should I pick forum bros

edit: im being rewarded for just downloading the game

Mur

Trakanon Raider

Largest Diablo yet, and being touted as an MMOARPG.

I am a huge Diablo fan, (the whole franchise), and was really bummed about the mobile only aspect of Immortal. Now I am psyched. Should be a good summer of demon slaying.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Haha I will wait with interest but I am certainly not going to get hyped until I read some concrete reviews.

Where in the heck did this come from all of a sudden???

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Game has been in development for a few years, and been in closed beta for almost a year now.

There are a number of vids out by some of the more popular D3 streamers, and this site has a ton of info & guides.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Even on PC, I'm really concerned about a couple things here:

#1 by far is the P2W aspect. The game will be balanced around spending money.
#2 is the UI and game in general being designed for mobile first. That means naturally lower enemy density, lower detail graphics, etc. If you look at gameplay of the game running on PC, it looks like a mobile game running in a Bluestax emulator.
#3 I can't speak to directly but I assume the game will be more of the simple design of D3 (if not simpler) and not have the depth of D2R. So if D3 didn't tickle your pickle, this won't either.
Note: having 20 different types of currency is not complexity

Gator

Molten Core Raider

I'm going to try this out. Don't know what server I'm going to jump on but will be playing US-East. So far, from what I've read the p2w doesn't really effect the campaign. If you tend to heavily focus on pvp or leaderboards then the p2w comes into play. No one really knows what the final form of monetization is going to look since it went through several forms in beta.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

I'm going to try this out. Don't know what server I'm going to jump on but will be playing US-East. So far, from what I've read the p2w doesn't really effect the campaign. If you tend to heavily focus on pvp or leaderboards then the p2w comes into play. No one really knows what the final form of monetization is going to look since it went through several forms in beta.
Yeah like... it's free... so why not. I have a phone though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Phone games are weird to me. I kind of want a phone game to play when I'm not able to play a "real" game, but then I feel like if I get into it I'll do what I did with Fallout: Shelter, play the game on Bluestacks (or just natively on Windows in this case) and be unable to play it on my mobile device because it's so much better.

Anyone playing this and enjoy it? Is there any reason to play this on Windows over other games in the genre?