Diablo Immortal

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the paragon tied to item level thing blows dick. Also paragon not being tied to your account is hot garbage. Having an alt is pretty much impossible.

Dude, MTX you buy and shit isn't tied to your account. It's absurd.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
While D3 can get boring as fuck I'm not seeing this as a great alternative. Basically a shallow D3 clone with MTX....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Dude, MTX you buy and shit isn't tied to your account. It's absurd.
That really pissed me the fuck off too. What's even dumber but I see where they are going with this. 6 classes but 5 character slot. I bet the 6th one you have to pay at some point. They milking the hell out of this game.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1654669709996.png

1654669723520.png

Streamers are starting to turn on it. Sneaky also had 4k-5k viewers and opted out of Immortal last night after 30 minutes of play.

It's starting to take bumps. I think if Blizzard doesn't intervene it could be dead as early as Friday.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Kinda sad that they've gone the Psychological route... Ever sense they stated that director went to "China", too work with whatever that Whale Infested company he worked with is. I seen the writing on the wall, and the whole "Don't You Guys Have Phones?" line at a con that is majorly PC gamers.

Everything I've seen of it though has just made me not interested in it or Diablo 4 at all.

It is a huge disconnect, and it's gonna be interesting when MS takes over. When the deal goes thru, it seems the phone call did get all the stock holders too agree.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Microsoft will regret paying top dollar for Activision. Candy Crush carries a lot of weight, but the rest of the IPs are in decline.

• 2Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Anything MS does, when the deal goes through is gonna takes YEARS for them too straighten out..

Honestly I would fire every single manager/director that worked on any of this shit they've released the past 4 years and build from the inside..

• 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
()

So reddit says that the scaling system keeps you at max 20% no matter what you looted ahead. So this perverts the whole point of an Arpg and what you buy and do basically.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sounds like BFA style power-scaling.

"lessons were learned" apparently not. Blizzard still has a chance to intervene and address it.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I expect population will crash in a month or so unless they make significant changes. I uninstalled. The number of progression gates are insane and your ability to power up is limited. Even if you went hardcore grinding you’ll get facerolled by whales.
If they were smart but still aiming to exploit as they are, they would probably have a "pacify the cattle" style change prepared and ready to patch before even launching the game. But then again this is Blizzard, so who knows.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The amount of try-harding in here is off the charts. Blizzard is shit, we get it. But fuck, ya'll are acting like a bitter pimply-faced nerd who got punk'd by the head cheerleader in front of the entire school.
I'm bitter there doesn't exist a good industry for phone games. The tech is there, the space is just saturated with p2w garbage because the consumer supports it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sounds like BFA style power-scaling.

"lessons were learned" apparently not. Blizzard still has a chance to intervene and address it.
It's just unbelievable to me that they can get the best programmers and network engineers in the world to make a smooth mobile MMOARPG, then have the worst game designers in the industry.

I'm sure some of it is calibrated this way on purpose for monetization reasons, but there's just too many things that are cost neutral that are dogshit.

I'm bitter there doesn't exist a good industry for phone games. The tech is there, the space is just saturated with p2w garbage because the consumer supports it.
Yeah I've played a lot of them and I think there's just a fundamental misunderstanding of what mobile games should look like.

There's a whole bunch that want you to have your phone grinding the game as much as possible, then put in autoplay stuff so you can just leave it running while clicking menus every 30 seconds. No, I use my phone for other things, I want a play session then I want to turn it off and do something else.

Then there are ones that can't keep up a regular flow of new content so you run out of things to do, or have paywalls where you can't progress anymore.

They all have batshit insane pricing on store items.

Riot makes the best ones but they are pretty much pvp only and the 50% winrate which matchmaking systems force just makes me feel like I'm not getting anywhere.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The phone industry is what will make me believe that games cause mass shootings.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The lack of good mobile games is truly annoying. The form factor is itself ideal for a variety of casual experiences, but everyone just goes after blatant cash grab of microtransactions.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Best I played was Final Fantasy Record Keeper and I kinda regret stopping playing it, I think it got 5 years out of me.

Daily content was done in a few minutes, then there were weekly bonuses you could spread over more time, weekly new temporary content and then difficult evergreen content you'd work on long term.

So you'd play a little bit each day, but could sit down for longer play sessions with you needing to do one of those a week but you had the option to spend more time on it if you wanted to.

It was gatcha but the type where you'd get enough to be competitive from free currency and careful spending.

What this game needs is a way to get and upgrade 6 random five star gems free to play, with whales being able to get build perfect ones. So everyone is the same combat power, but whales are more efficient in how their build plays. Same thing with gear, I'm fine with a way to buy legendary/set gear if F2P can get the same amount, just maybe not the exact ones for a perfect build.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
()

So reddit says that the scaling system keeps you at max 20% no matter what you looted ahead. So this perverts the whole point of an Arpg and what you buy and do basically.
You should actually read the whole thread, it's explained in there.

This game is better than I expected, but not great. I'm not sure I will even finish the main story before deleting it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
()

"Reddit" doesn't say that - one guy does. Then another guy explains that his CR is so far over what's needed to kill the mobs that reducing his CR by some has essentially no effect.

In other words, if in EQ you had a level 30 and a level 60 killing moss snakes outside Neriak - would you be able to tell the difference in killing speed? No, they are both so far over the mob level you can't tell the difference, even though they will have vastly different power levels.

You can disagree with his argument, but you have to read the conversation first.