Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Blizzard really created a gacha game way worse then all the other ones out there in terms of cost for players. They bring up how Diablo makes other gacha games looks better which is true, since it got me player Genshin Impact.

It's an overestimate for the other gatchas too, they talk about pity systems in the video but missed two other things:

1) You can get 5* characters in Genshin as a F2P because you get a ton of premium currency for just playing the game. I only bought 2 battle passes and have multiple 5*s.

2) It's also not competitive multiplayer so there's no pressure to max unlock characters for max power with dupes. Dupe protection should be there to stop you feeling bad about dupes, not an aim of it's own.

They literally took the worst of the greediest and most manipulative low budget mobile gatchas, then iterated to make it even worse and you don't even get a sexy waifu.

Instead they should iterated on the industry leading AAA free to play games and be somewhere between League of Legends and Genshin Impact.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Blizzard really created a gacha game way worse then all the other ones out there in terms of cost for players. They bring up how Diablo makes other gacha games looks better which is true, since it got me player Genshin Impact.

It's an overestimate for the other gatchas too, they talk about pity systems in the video but missed two other things:

1) You can get 5* characters in Genshin as a F2P because you get a ton of premium currency for just playing the game. I only bought 2 battle passes and have multiple 5*s.

2) It's also not competitive multiplayer so there's no pressure to max unlock characters for max power with dupes. Dupe protection should be there to stop you feeling bad about dupes, not an aim of it's own.

They literally took the worst of the greediest and most manipulative low budget mobile gatchas, then iterated to make it even worse and you don't even get a sexy waifu.

Instead they should iterated on the industry leading AAA free to play games and be somewhere between League of Legends and Genshin Impact.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Took longer this season than last. Lots of babies this cycle who will afk the second they sense a loss to preserve k/d/a. Ran into a couple cheaters too where primary target refused to lock on even with them standing in my face.

2 days away from end of bp and still no talk about whats in the new patch which is unheard of and doesn’t bode well.

0AF5DDF3-8237-4E16-B486-E2582B44D47C.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
2 days away from end of bp and still no talk about whats in the new patch which is unheard of and doesn’t bode well.
That's Blizzard. They will be even more of a laughing stock if they just rerelease the same battle pass with no new content.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's Blizzard. They will be even more of a laughing stock if they just rerelease the same battle pass with no new content.

It could kill the game which might be their intent given lackluster sales in the cash shop.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
It could kill the game which might be their intent given lackluster sales in the cash shop.

The game is doing a good enough job killing itself. Player count dropping and the game is already in Twitch purgatory. No positive press and most influencers are spreading the word on this predatory slot machine.

Argarth

On the verandah
Immortal got me thinking about D3 again, heh been a few years. Never did finish leveling my Necro, having a LOT of fun I must say.
Forgot just how good D3 can look on an Ultrawide, especially after some Reshade love. (Colour Desaturation & Sharpening > AMD Fidelity CAS is bundled now/almost no perf hit)
Also having another crack at SWTOR, sooooo long since I've played, characters all there, but rolled up a Sith Inq/Sorcerer for the first time.

So, I guess there are some positives to come out of Immortal after all...

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I put way more time into this than I should have, I actually liked the core game play. The monetization is predatory as hell, but I just played without a care in the world for being competitive or even trying battlegrounds, so it was ok. I do think I hit a wall, though; my CR is only like 1160 at paragon 50 so I'm way, way underpowered. I get wrecked in h2 dungeons. Not sure what I did wrong, upgraded my gear pretty regularly, gems not as much but typically because I just don't have the gems to do the upgrades. Even when I upgrade a gem I get like 3-4 CR out of it so I don't think they're necessarily the issue (although gems are the make or break if you're playing competitively obviously). I would probably continue casually playing if I was in the 1250-1300 range that I think I'm supposed to be in, but maybe this random wall that I've hit is a good way to get me out before I get conned into spending money on this game

Chris

Potato del Grande
I put way more time into this than I should have, I actually liked the core game play. The monetization is predatory as hell, but I just played without a care in the world for being competitive or even trying battlegrounds, so it was ok. I do think I hit a wall, though; my CR is only like 1160 at paragon 50 so I'm way, way underpowered. I get wrecked in h2 dungeons. Not sure what I did wrong, upgraded my gear pretty regularly, gems not as much but typically because I just don't have the gems to do the upgrades. Even when I upgrade a gem I get like 3-4 CR out of it so I don't think they're necessarily the issue (although gems are the make or break if you're playing competitively obviously). I would probably continue casually playing if I was in the 1250-1300 range that I think I'm supposed to be in, but maybe this random wall that I've hit is a good way to get me out before I get conned into spending money on this game
It does sounds like you missed a mechanic somewhere. I was in Hell 2 at a lower Paragon level and handled it just fine.

Helliquary maybe?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is hands down the best Diablo game by far.

The really sad thing is Immortal is going to be best they can do. D4 won't have the class balance of Immortal. They will "improve" a bunch of aspects of Immortal for D4 that won't actually pan out.

Immortal being a superior game isn't that far off from becoming reality. This is something FOH is going to have to come to grips with once D4 is done being rushed to a release.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The really sad thing is Immortal is going to be best they can do. D4 won't have the class balance of Immortal. They will "improve" a bunch of aspects of Immortal for D4 that won't actually pan out.

Immortal being a superior game isn't that far off from becoming reality. This is something FOH is going to have to come to grips with once D4 is done being rushed to a release.
Well no because PoE exists.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I jumped from 1300 CR to 1750 CR (beyond even my current guildleader who started playing on launch day whos stuck in the 1600s with bad luck) in a Rank 8 Dark clan overall (not amazingly competitive but legit nonetheless). I joined 3 weeks after launch FTP and smoked him with just casual grind and casual play.

All within 2-3 sessions of a few hours. Make sure you have a Challenge Rift 30 solo completion to enhance rewards and make sure your Challenge Rift 12 solo is also done. I'm 99% sure I broke 1250 CR world grinding Hell 1.

I wouldn't worry about H2 right now. You need more rolls on legendaries. Clear beastiary every day, do the pvp daily. They're both decent chances at leggos and take only a short session. Maxing beastiary in a good farm spot takes maybe 1h at best if you know the spots. Only 2-3 of my legendaries are from Ancient Elites orange mobs. Once I got to 800 CR or 900 CR I remember thinking how much of a leap it is to 1250. You just have to go hard via the mechanics that are available in the game. If you aren't clearing full beastiary rewards every reset, you are playing wrong. I did a few dungeon grind nights, maybe 5-6 runs per session? And you just hit the RNG and I got more drops than I knew what to do with in H2 runs. I'm mid 1700's CR and feels like I barely played. A huge leap for me was I got a big titanforge on a mainhand weapon that was worth around 100 CR when I equipped it felt like. A triple green arrow, which at 1500 CR was a huge boon.

Get those 2 solo challenge rift completions done or I'm almost certain it will have a very negative effect on your titanforging and paragon level of the leggos you are having drop.

At 72 paragon right now it feels like I can hit 2,000 CR with a little more grind work.

Last edited:

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
What is the second challenge rift you're referring to? Isn't there only 1 portal for challenge rifts? I was at 29 apparently, cleared 30 so we'll see what that does

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Paragon 74 here. 2100 cr I melt shit in H3 and I have almost every slot an upgraded piece waiting in my stash. AMA

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What is the second challenge rift you're referring to? Isn't there only 1 portal for challenge rifts? I was at 29 apparently, cleared 30 so we'll see what that does

Same rift system. Just that 12 and 30 are both the loot break points for enhanced rewards.

There is some element of luck with the titanforging in getting good CR upgrades. I trashed probably 10-12 legendaries before getting something big time.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Same rift system. Just that 12 and 30 are both the loot break points for enhanced rewards.

There is some element of luck with the titanforging in getting good CR upgrades. I trashed probably 10-12 legendaries before getting something big time.

Maybe just related to not having beaten rift 30 until now, but I've probably trashed 40+ legendaries

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The new Battlepass is underwhelming.

Adding at least 1 more legendary crests would have went a long way towards actually making it a decision.

Looks like it's going to be a skip for most players this time. The avatar is very Diablo-esque but the contents of the BP look almost like a step down in rewards from the last BP. In-game feedback in chat upon reception has been pretty negative on it. Stuff like "This BP is noob". You'd have to be a huge Immortal hound to get on the paid BP this season.