Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1659388721006.png

The #1 whale on our server and #1 challenge rift ranked guy just kicked 3-4 of our guys off the challenge rift weekly reward by running his alts through. Since he's the only guy who can clear content, he's able to just bump off rival guilds by doing alts

My guildleader's response (who's a top 5 whale himself) said his goal is to beat this top whale so he can't do that anymore. He said he will spend $ until he reaches 4,000 CR, being at 3,650 CR right now, that's quite a bit of money he's talking about spending.

The pockets on these whales are very deep. And the vehemence and vitriol of his statements yesterday "Determined to spend as much money as possible" to stop this #1 whale from blocking our guild from getting reward slots, has made me reconsider whether whale wars can indeed carry this game or not long term.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Meanwhile I spent 12 hours catching up on a small portion of the last year's Genshin Impact content (nice mix of exploration, puzzles and combat) and used the ingame currency earned for free over the last two weeks to pull enough to get the current 5* character.

I also bought the battle pass because I'm getting a box price of a game worth of entertainment.

Difference is that I'll never buy another Diablo Immortal battle pass, but that was my third in Genshin Impact

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Difference is that I'll never buy another Diablo franchise battle pass,

Fixed. Any Diablo battlepass should not be in consideration ever again.

Blizzard sailed that ship when they spit on the existing community of paying customers.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fixed. Any Diablo battlepass should not be in consideration ever again.

Blizzard sailed that ship when they spit on the existing community of paying customers.
If Diablo 4 has a battle pass AND a box price, they can fuck off and everyone should be boycotting it.

I'll only tolerate box price and sub from a MMO given the costs to run them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 424775
New data from mobile analytics company Sensor Tower notes that Diablo Immortal's first eight weeks on the (digital) shelves has seen the game take a massive $100 million in player money

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hilarious. It’s so lonely at the top isn’t it?

If he tries to refund I hope that Blizzard rejects his refund and creates a special tier of matchmaking that tries to explicitly match him with known low-paying whaling teams.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If he tries to refund I hope that Blizzard rejects his refund and creates a special tier of matchmaking that tries to explicitly match him with known low-paying whaling teams.

Can't he just force the refund through his creditor or bank as fraud? Won't they side with him at least 1 time on fraud, even if Blizzard disputes it.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
What I don't get is how these meth heads who obviously have never held a real paying job have $100K in disposable play-money income. Seriously these randos that get 5k views a youtube video really get paid this much?? What the fuck am I doing with my life...

Chris

Potato del Grande
What I don't get is how these meth heads who obviously have never held a real paying job have $100K in disposable play-money income. Seriously these randos that get 5k views a youtube video really get paid this much?? What the fuck am I doing with my life...
Rich kids.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wtf, some patch and it went from like 12gb to wanting me to clear up another 2.5gb on top of the like 4 remaining free i had on my s9+....

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Still no new content?

It's been 2 months now right?

Theres a new faggot "raid" that starts at 3k CR, then jumps rapidly to 4,000 CR in tier 2.

Even the content they do add is predatory mobile stuff.... There's no reason to spike from 2950 CR req to 4,000 CR for the third added raid boss's second tier other than "fuck you start spending".

Hell4 content is right around the corner at 3250 CR and 150 Paragon. There's no good explanation for the gap between 3200 and 4000 CR on the new boss 2nd tier besides preying on whales.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Theres a new faggot "raid" that starts at 3k CR, then jumps rapidly to 4,000 CR in tier 2.

Even the content they do add is predatory mobile stuff.... There's no reason to spike from 2950 CR req to 4,000 CR for the third added raid boss's second tier other than "fuck you start spending".

Hell4 content is right around the corner at 3250 CR and 150 Paragon. There's no good explanation for the gap between 3200 and 4000 CR on the new boss 2nd tier besides preying on whales.
Honestly the raids barely add anything to the game, either. They amount to yet another 3-5 minute activity 2 times a week, there really is not much content for someone that has no interest in PVP.

I'm just shy of H4 stats and I assume once I hit 150 and complete my set, that's the end of my interest unless they add a ton of new dungeons / areas. I get that its a mobile game but there really isnt much to do at all. Still ashamed I even still log in to play.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Honestly the raids barely add anything to the game, either. They amount to yet another 3-5 minute activity 2 times a week, there really is not much content for someone that has no interest in PVP.

I'm just shy of H4 stats and I assume once I hit 150 and complete my set, that's the end of my interest unless they add a ton of new dungeons / areas. I get that its a mobile game but there really isnt much to do at all. Still ashamed I even still log in to play.

Same. Pretty much now that I'm close to H4 I'll go ahead with H4 prog. Reign ongoing as Immortals at the moment. Legend rank all of season 2, still no real whale problem at Legend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
1 gem power a day as an additional log in bonus would go a very long way in leveling the playing field over time without cutting into profits.

I’m on the fence too starting to dangle over the other side about quitting. I basically just log in, shadow contract + overworld grind out 2 levels, log out. P145 atm with 3050 CR and a paltry 375 res with really no way to improve it outside of waiting every week for the ember cap to reset. Might get p150 Monday. #2 Shadow clan rn and they decided they want to make a push for Immortal but the #1 clan has 8 people with 5k+ Res and 20 people with 2k+, so, no real shot really in the battle royal after the rite.

I can understand individuals whaling but the majority of whales forming their own super guild takes the retardation up to 11. Not really sure how any of them find it fun, especially considering the majority of them won’t even be able to participate in the rite of exiles 8 person then 3 person cap. Oh well.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gem power needs to be addressed the most.

The emphasis on 5 star gems (irrelevant) and crests has really done a huge disservice to the game. Content creators blew all this smoke and accomplished nothing because their complaints were outside the scope of potential change.

If they leave gem power fully paywalled I can't see any FTP or even small spenders sticking around. A few hundred spent still won't make much of a dent in your current power unless you get lucky with drops

This is an endgame area begging for better design, for both the spender and the FTP.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can understand individuals whaling but the majority of whales forming their own super guild takes the retardation up to 11. Not really sure how any of them find it fun, especially considering the majority of them won’t even be able to participate in the rite of exiles 8 person then 3 person cap. Oh well.

I'm on the Rite roster this week as an Immortal but secretly hoping the officers remove me and bump me to reserves.

The amount of people around me in our alliance spending money has escalated to the point where I already know any failed performance could be blamed on not spending enough money.

If it was a normal alliance and reign with respect for FTP and small spenders, I'd be having more fun. A top whale officer left my guild during the reign and called it toxic, and I'm starting to see that. But I was given an ultimatum as soon as they went shadow to disband immediately and quit Immortals or the door is slammed and I'll be forever considered disloyal by the new shadows even if I eventually join up down the road. It's a female so it wasn't exactly rational demand. Between the politics and toxic spenders the fun factor is taking a nosedive. Only way to remedy it is to relieve the FTP experience further with additional design changes to de-emphasize the requirement to spend.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was watching a YT video of him saying he wasn't planning on refunding the 100K. He spent/invested the money in order for him to build a Diablo Immortal community and then when Diablo 4 comes out, he'll quit immortal and move his community to Diablo 4 and go from there. He picked the wrong game. He got a shitload of competition especially on Twitch for Diablo streamers. If the games turns out good and not pay to win more people will play and stream it. You''ll have people like Quin, Wudijo, Datmodz, Llama, Raxx, Ziz, Mathil and Wudijo who are hardcore ARPGers and then people like Asmon, Lirik, CoH ect who will play it for a while. Not a good game of choice if you ask me.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got dropped from the Rite.

Might quit sooner than mid-h4 due to intense pressure to spend to play.

I think tonight was a turning point for me RE: pay2win.

I already beat the game.

I don't really have anything left to prove with my wallet.