Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm not really a hater. I'll be like a lot of others. Not enough to really form an opinion yet. Most likely a wait and see and not a first day buy. See how it goes after release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have a link to a transcribed Diablo 4 panel? Apparently its been happening for the last 30 mins or something, one of the streamers just said out probably summer 2020, sounded like it was based on something just said at the panel so ???

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There a place to check vids of this raid shit? I admit the Blizz cinematics make me cum. I wish that dept would be turned loose to make movies or shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
There a place to check vids of this raid shit? I admit the Blizz cinematics make me cum. I wish that dept would be turned loose to make movies or shit.

There is a guy streaming and he's done the "Raid" a couple times. It's basically an open area with multiple people and a boss that can 1-2 shot you. Kinda like Black Desert Online.

EDIT:

The stream is on the irst page of the thread, I don't have a link, sorry.

Last edited:

Caliane

Game looks like D3. Good cinematic, dark and disturbing. Then we get the real game with PG rating and Saturday morning cartoon plot/dialogue.

Watching the livestream, if no one told me anything I'd say this was a D3 prototype build.
I think you nailed it. They were making the FPS Diablo 4. Everyone freaked at Diablo mobile. so they went back and grabbed a D3 prototype to build D4 on.

Also, the Sat morning cartoon shit. another friend was saying "I want a souls game in the Diablo universe". I dont know how you can give any shit about the Diablo universe with what D3 did to it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I dont know how you can give any shit about the Diablo universe with what D3 did to it.

I was really hoping that D3 would expand on the lore a ton, it did a bit but the god damn story was so retarded it just killed any sense of lore immersion I had.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Somebody mentioned in another thread already but..... I would bet £1000 this “version” of D4 is something altogether different than what they were working on since 2016. The beautifully done cinematic aside, this all seems rather hastily slapped together. Gameplay looks very meh.... fuck the entire presentation was corporate jargon fan service. Dark1!! Gritty!11!! Throwback!111!

I’ll eat my own dick if this turns out to be great. Just fuck off blizzard and give us D2 with shiny graphics

This company has no balls

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Also remember Blizzard is very good at making trailers that make their game looks 10,000% better than the actual finished project. He is them duping people into thinking Diablo 3 was gonna be baller as fuck.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's going to be 2-3 years until this releases. They didn't even have a hell render ready for the show. Two more classes to design build.

They did say this is a new engine, not the D3 engine, tho.

• 1OK, Sure

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Echoing other people's opinion that it just looks like an updated D3 expansion. Not necessarily a bad thing as gameplay was the best part of that game. But it doesn't look very next-gen at all to me. The most interesting part for me was the druid shapeshifting shit they were showing...definitely gonna be my starter dude!

Cinematic is exceptionally amazing and I'm glad Blizz is still the king of making these.

Caliane

Which is interesting, I suppose.

Why are they showing us so much?
This looks really unfinished for Blizzard. They are touting features WAY before release. 2022, 2024? This looks far away. And things can change.

They got into trouble in the past revealing things too early, and promised to stop doing that. so, here they are again, showing us something early. And they didnt just stop at the cinematic, and some screenshots.
Hell even the vids. They are letting people PLAY and stream..

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This looks ... ok? i guess?

I just dont see anything in this to make it stand out in the crowd of the ARPG genre. Nothing new, no unique mechanics, gameplay, etc. Its just another ARPG to throw on the pile.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I watched the cinematic again and Lilith has like no tits, no tits at all

• 3Rustled
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I do like that they're committing to quarterly progress reports, but "quarterly" definitely supports "long ass time until this is live."

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Which is interesting, I suppose.

Why are they showing us so much?
This looks really unfinished for Blizzard. They are touting features WAY before release. 2022, 2024? This looks far away. And things can change.

They got into trouble in the past revealing things too early, and promised to stop doing that. so, here they are again, showing us something early. And they didnt just stop at the cinematic, and some screenshots.
Hell even the vids. They are letting people PLAY and stream..

you do remember what happened last year? This is their way of making amends. If they only released some screenshots and a cinematic, which itself probably took at least half a year to make, given the length etc, people would have still been up in arms, making claims that this is all they've got. At least this they blizz can show that they're actually working on it.
I do like the cinematic. Blizz still can crank out an epic one when they have to. And this time they really needed to blow people away.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
"It's not going to be ready soon. Not even Blizzard soon" - From the panel

This game is going to be released when I am in a retirement home.

• 1Worf