Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that probably 75%+ of players are going to be using headphones when playing this game. As a guy who deals with sound design and engineering on a daily basis, I'm worried about the stereo soundscape that was presented in that demo. It's very "narrow" sounding to my ears. Too much sound is centered, even for a isometric game, I'd expect something a bit better by now, given how excellent the sound design was on Overwatch. #smallnitpick
But they went into the desert to learn what fire sounds like!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
All signs point to innovation for D4 means simply turning the game into some kind of MMO-lite. Can't say I care that direction.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jives with the promotional campaign so far. All they've done is go for shock 90's edge marketing.

They think this is what Diablo 1 & 2 stand for. This mentality by Blizzard's D4 team is important to understand as to why D4 will ultimately lack substantive gameplay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I guess that's one way to get some people to be interested Blizzard offering Diablo 4 beta access if you get a tattoo

The thought of fat pasty white men going to get a tattoo for a beta key is hilarious.
Looks like the tattoo is free too. What's the tattoo? Diablo is a very tattooable franchise.

0c694f49be9b9bb8a202e8b673ce2f41.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wow, this looks....not good. I am very surprised.

Aw come on man it's got blood and an Audi interior ashtray color palette. What more could you want? You don't want a tattoo??

Don't you guys have tattoos?

*Holds phone up*

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They opened it up to 3-4 lootboxes a month, and 1 lootbox per week, instead of just 1 lootbox per month. Blizzard probably had to fight NetEase hard for it as they have final say on monetization.

An improvement for FTP but gem power remains fully paywalled.

Which was something that YouTube content creators missed in their reviews. You're guaranteed at least "some" gem power if you do choose to spend money, but the amount of gem power you get per dollar is nothing worth talking about. A creator could have done a spreadsheet using a 100 crests purchased and used the % chance for gems, then calculate how much gem power you could get at minimum if they wanted to expose the so-called "pay2win" system.

There isn't a lot of winning. Just paying. It was never about getting a 5 star gem. Even powering a 1 star gem costs quite a bit of money.

Glad you are getting caught up on the thread though. We learned Cheng can call shots on D4, which is relevant to your interests (D4).

f-f-f-f-FORUM JUMP

I don't think D4 will be relevant to my interest because I don't think the company that made Diablo Immortal or the last few years of WoW is able to make a Diablo 4 game I'd want to buy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean they can always pull a rabbit out of the hat. They are fully aware that the Diablo franchise is at stake. D3 didnt come out that great, it got sort of fixed later but initially was a fucking disaster. So it comes down to the whole fool me once thing. But hey like I said they could pull one out of the bag I mean idiots sometimes have a breakthrough, right?

I dont have faith in this current blizzard though. They got taken over by the purple hair and cuck club. Which means that political agenda trumps all. Not games for fun anymore. Its sad but its true.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed D3, I think their support for it was lacking with only 1 full expansion and 1 class expansion. Their season are lacking compared to POE, they don't necessarily have to match it by introducing completely new mechanics each time but they have to do more so they feel more unique.

What I've seen of Diablo 4 looks good enough for me to give it a chance. I have lots of reservation because I think Blizzard lost tons of talents over the years, but still somewhat optimistic.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In the #MeToo storm of leaks at Blizzard last year, we learned that the Diablo 3 2nd expansion was cancelled by a single executive during a meeting.

Out of his own personal disdain for Diablo 3 launch (multi-year gap, yet he hadn't gotten over it. And launch is all he could remember from D3)-- and not based on RoS sales, no consideration was made for the 1st expansion being well-received. Just a straight up gut-feeling cancellation.

I'd guess similar asshats are still hanging around Nu-Blizz ready to make feels-based controlled demolition decisions on product.

• 1Truth!