Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
He's not wrong, though. How many times have we watched games get pushed back?
A LOT! And with MMOs, people actually take off of work-- putting in for the time off
weeks in advance-- only to lose their vacation days because the game got pushed
at the last minute. Or... doesn't get pushed, releases too soon, and you spend your
vacation time unable to even log in.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Quoted for posterity.
Doesn't mean they won't release next year, just pointing out that just cause they announced it for 2023 really doesn't mean it'll be 2023. They can easily announce Q3-Q4 2023 later, and then move that into Q1-Q2 2024. That said if it's the F&F alpha then I could see it releasing next year, people were saying it was pre alpha which generally is much further away from release. Didn't see the video before it got taken down and couldn't be bothered looking for a mirror, I have very little interest in this, will check it out once it's closer to release but feels like it's gonna be an even bigger pile of shit than release D3 with their very open intentions of turning this into a pseudo mmo with microtransactions and shit.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Remember when devs worked too many hours to have friends and family. Energy drinks remember.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I like that they say mostly positive. Not very, not overwhelming, not extremely positive. Mostly.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I used to be on the F&F list.

Sadge.

Probably got kicked off when I sold dozens of spare WOTLK and SC2 keys in the later beta stages.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like that they say mostly positive. Not very, not overwhelming, not extremely positive. Mostly.

People mostly don't spend money on Immortal.

Sound familiar? Ybara. That's Blizzards new talking point. "MOSTLY"

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Money money money.....money...

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Money money money.....money...

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Same thing as PoE MTX shop. People were worried about it being like Immortal cash shop and P2W bullshit not in game currency to buy cosmetics. Too many doomsayers.

Last edited:

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Battlepass is a given these days unfortunately. If all they do is monetize skins and mounts, thats best case scenario sad to say.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't seem all that bad. Battlepasses aren't terrible if implemented well. Games like Apex Legends gives you currency so you can purchase the next battlepass with no $$$.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Same thing as PoE MTX shop. People were worried about it being like Immortal cash shop and P2W bullshit not in game currency to buy cosmetics. Too many doomsayers.
Poe doesn’t have a box value and adds insane amount of content each league.

D4 will have a box value bet on that and if you wanna know how deep their seasons will be look at d3.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
even blizzard is not that dumb to "leak" the heavy hitting MTX-s after the Immortal fiasco. They'll start with some easy cosmetic ones instead and then gradually add the real money makers. Or they might just add 78 different currencies like 2 weeks after launch without any prior indication.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Poe doesn’t have a box value and adds insane amount of content each league.

D4 will have a box value bet on that and if you wanna know how deep their seasons will be look at d3.
Bingo.

They want you to pay twice and don't even do the "service" part of "games as a service".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

even blizzard is not that dumb to "leak" the heavy hitting MTX-s after the Immortal fiasco. They'll start with some easy cosmetic ones instead and then gradually add the real money makers. Or they might just add 78 different currencies like 2 weeks after launch without any prior indication.

No way the add MTX initially. Blizzard is dumb, but not that dumb