Did you go to any camp as a child

• Yes

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 36.8%

• Total voters

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am a child of the 80s, endless TV and movies filled with kids at camp. Yet I have never met a single person that has actually gone to a summer or computer camp etc. Starting to think it is like quick sand.
F7E07704-B719-4954-9329-AD9C1242B2B3.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am a child of the 80s, endless TV and movies filled with kids at camp. Yet I have never met a single person that has actually gone to a summer or computer camp etc. Starting to think it is like quick sand.
View attachment 458877
Yes I did. I'm starting to think it's more of a northern thing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Fatties went to fat camp. I guess they don't talk about it much.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Went to two camps as a kid. Both with a friend and both were 2 weeks overnight staying in cabins. Fond memories of both, beating the crap out of some douche that was talking shit, shooting my first guns, fishing, canoeing, making bonfires. Good times

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sudo

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went to multiple, worked at one for a number of years - during the 80s/90s.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
does boy scout camp count? I did that a few times. never the generic "summer camp" or knew anyone that did. Seems like a thing for city kids.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
90s kid. Yes, basically every summer in grade school. Hated it.

Also band camp in high school. Hated that more.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Went to a week nature camp (the fun one when some older joggers tried to drown me), soccer camp, space camp, Air Force? Camp (something aviation related down south), and then the usual Brownies/Girl Scouts and church group camps.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
once a month i went on a weekend camp w/ my boy scout troop.

in hindsight, i wouldn't call it camping, more like glamping
f1d0ed32ab934addb84139b4c13b0ec2.png

sometimes we stayed in a cabin with bunk beds... so not really camping more like hanging out w/ guineas, this is where i learned about i-talian food, scoutmasters would bring gas stoves and butane and huge 16gallon stockpots.

ziti, penne, lasange they was makin zeppolis in a fucking cabin!

in double hindsight these "scoutmasters" probably loved just leaving the house once a month and hang out w/ the guys in a fucking cabin, while ordering around 20 scouts to all collect wood n shit.

sometimes tho we'd go in leanto's
Adirondack_Lean-to.jpg

this was cold as shit at night, usually spent the whole day collecting huge logs so the campfire would burn the rest of the night

usually on either of these trips there'd be a few of us in actual tents, and usually this was just to knock off the requirement of staying in a tent a for 2 nights to earn a camping merit badge

one time i built and slept in a shelter like this
maxresdefault.jpg

for emergency preparedness meritbadge (or survival something?), i was scared as shit as a twelve year old, it was literally just bundle up and survive, no food no water, no lights just don't die by morning, ha.

i also went to a 3week summer camp once, just like in the movies

they had the usual stuff

, boating and archery and a camp counsellor molesting a kid...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
View attachment 458877
We were poor and lived in Florida, so no.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 458877
From age 15-18 I attended the Northwest Youth Corps for the summer.

Not exactly a summer camp because you are paid to be there but it was nonetheless pretty fun to camp for 6-9 weeks in the deep wilderness of the PNW. When I was 16 I made a switchback trail between two remote towns deep in the mountains. Towns being a strong word. More like a colony/homestead type thing.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Family was poor, only camp we did was tents in some farmers yard. Grandpa left money for me to attend catholic school so I knew plenty of rich kids who did do summer camps though.

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went to summer camp because my parents couldnt utilize a babysitter when they were working. Shit sucks and I fucking hated it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
From age 15-18 I attended the Northwest Youth Corps for the summer.

Not exactly a summer camp because you are paid to be there but it was nonetheless pretty fun to camp for 6-9 weeks in the deep wilderness of the PNW. When I was 16 I made a switchback trail between two remote towns deep in the mountains. Towns being a strong word. More like a colony/homestead type thing.

Huh that actually looks pretty cool.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
All the 80s movies with kids at camps for like 2-4 weeks — almost always a northeastern thing. Often an upstate New York thing. While I’m sure this obviously exists elsewhere this was mostly an upper class NE thing. Especially with wealthy Jewish people.

Growing up in the southeast, there was a handful of times I went to camp for like 3 days…usually some church related bullshit when my parents actually cared about that kind of stuff once upon a time.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Summer daycamp when little and a 2 week overnight camp a couple times around 11/12. Also went to nerds programming camp at UC Berkeley when I was like 13.