Diku MUD

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did you know that the company name for 'Sigil Games' was based on Brad's guild ('Crimson Sigil') in TorilMUD?

1647427258782.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I do remember it, but never played Dragonrealms. Great memories of Gemstone 3 back in the mid to late 90s.
I played a bit of gemstone when burn out from DR would hit but I did spend a degenerate amount of time in DR. Started on AOL and followed Simultronics when they moved to the web. Back then the levels of poopsocking were immeasurable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zachen

Molten Core Raider
I played a few MUDs way back in the day. Mainly Medievia and Lost Souls, along with a small Final Fantasy one that went by a few names such as Esperville and The Eternal Fantasy - they were forced to rename after a C&D from Square back in the late 90s. Spent a little bit of time on Aetolia as well but not very long.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Played on a MUD called Realms of the Dragon. Shit was so fun and the community within each guild(class) was the best.

Zachen

Molten Core Raider
I played on Lost Souls a lot in the mid and late 90s.
Who did you play? I think I was Orlandu, had just come off a fresh obsession with Final Fantasy Tactics and played a Knight of the Round Table for a few years.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Who did you play? I think I was Orlandu, had just come off a fresh obsession with Final Fantasy Tactics and played a Knight of the Round Table for a few years.

Most successful character I had was Ravage, a Chaosborn Champion of Chardros (Reaper). LS had a huge following in my town at the local university.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone here play Genesis?
Old EQ dev streaming in Monsters & Memories mentioned enjoying it. Browsing their forums seems like it has an active community.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I played a bit of gemstone when burn out from DR would hit but I did spend a degenerate amount of time in DR. Started on AOL and followed Simultronics when they moved to the web. Back then the levels of poopsocking were immeasurable.
I played DR starting back on the AOL days too, and I still have a handful of characters. I come back every few years and play for a few months. the game systems have evolved a lot, but the playerbase isn't large enough to keep the world from feeling like a ghost town.

I credit DR to my being able to type fast and learning lots of odd names for weapons and armor, and I'm still friends with several of my old DR buddies!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user