Disappearing from the internet

excellent article on the concerns of this thread. The animated graphic featured is pretty fucking disgusting, if I gave a fuck any more.

(my option -- not giving a fuck -- is probably largely because I don't have kids. Think about that. If I had kids...)

edit: money shot
Screenshot_2021-02-06 Opinion They Stormed the Capitol Their Apps Tracked Them .png

edit: kids. I have a great dog, a chow-schipperke mix. Rescue. 10 yrs old. If I thought my actions could negatively impact my dog, I do not want to bring harm to my dog, certainly. My dog. I am imagining -- and correct me if I've gone off the rails here -- if I had kids or family who could "suffer harm and or hassle" because of something I did, my mindset on this changes into a whole diff mode. So I get the concern. Respect! Not shitposting! This, if I cared, is inappropriate harm or fear of harm which I think is clearly intended to be protected by our fundamental rights. "Unreasonable search and seizure" means I do not have to be fucking afraid the thugs are going to ransack the place and cart me off.

This surveillance era makes that legally-rooted feeling of peace and quiet, disappear. Keep on fellows. When I find something interesting I'll pop it in.

edit 2: removed some curse words. this site is not helping my many-years old resolution to stop talking like I was still 17 and living in Long Island.

EDIT 3: I think the case should be clear-cut. Everything FB, Twitter, Amazon, Verizon, etc., has collected has been for commercial purposes. That is an extra-legal activity that is subject to law but is otherwise, about as much the gov'ts business as what you do in your kitchen.

Analogy. Imagine, if the government discovered that businesses, for purposes of business, were able to trace your fingerprints on dollar bills and inserted atm cards, and somehow generate from that useful trails of your shopping habits, places, etc.

I do not see how it is not a massive Bill of Rights case as to whether the government has any sort of easy right to simply "contract" that data. I should not be signing off to the government what I have merely signed off to a business. At this scale it is absurd to think our system of rights "assumes" you do.

In old ovies the cop always had to sneak a look at the hotel's sign-in book to see what room the perp was in. Sneak. Or warrant buddy. This is that, really.

Last edited:
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The government simply buys data from the companies. Not all of it, just the parts they want and their legal departments will scream and throw a fit if the companies screw up and send the whole package instead of the cut part they asked for.

No one reigned in the companies, government gets what they want on the cheap. Good luck changing it money trumps prudence.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes bottom line is this threads about 15 years too late. I sorta feel bad for the fucks who’ve got their whole lives online but it’s as if 1984 or brave new world didn’t exist;, I mean how could you not see this coming

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
you don't tweet every time you're about to take a shit or walk to the kitchen?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What about just using a burner email address to sign up for the social media platform you want to be on, create an entirely fictitious person and use that? Just use a pic of a 21 year old girl and you’ll have enough friends within hours to make it look legitimate.

Burner emails no longer work on Instagram and possibly also FB.

They freeze your account for suspicious activity and request you enter a phone number. (similar to Google).

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I haven't downloaded it yet but it's a gaming browser. Opera GX

Apparently it's got built in free browser VPN.
Also RAM, CPU, and network limiters.

Anyone got any experience with this?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here use prepaid sims?

I’d like to download some questionable apps (Twitter, Tokyo’s, etc) to do some research on app development. I definitely don’t want to sign up using my telephone number or other RL information so I’ve grabbed a mint year prepaid sim. Now if this was a life or death situation I would have paid cash for it but it’s not so I just ordered it from Best Buy. My plan is to move my current sim to my iPhones esim and just run the

anyways, debating whether I should go a step further and get another iphone… I REALLY hate the idea of having these apps harvesting other data off my phone but maybe it’ll be more obfuscated if my account is tied to hoax number and info. I do plan on having an android device for it as I need to run apps on both platforms. Just don’t want to spend $$$$ on another iPhone.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Anyone here use prepaid sims?

I’d like to download some questionable apps (Twitter, Tokyo’s, etc) to do some research on app development. I definitely don’t want to sign up using my telephone number or other RL information so I’ve grabbed a mint year prepaid sim. Now if this was a life or death situation I would have paid cash for it but it’s not so I just ordered it from Best Buy. My plan is to move my current sim to my iPhones esim and just run the

anyways, debating whether I should go a step further and get another iphone… I REALLY hate the idea of having these apps harvesting other data off my phone but maybe it’ll be more obfuscated if my account is tied to hoax number and info. I do plan on having an android device for it as I need to run apps on both platforms. Just don’t want to spend $$$$ on another iPhone.
You need a backtracing almagamator.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
You need a backtracing almagamator.

Those a great for that, but if he's going to use it as a long term solution he'll want to make a GUI in Visual Basic for it. Should be simple since he's such an accomplished developer.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
This is an ADULT section of the forum and forum members should post as such!

• 1Jonesing

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This is an ADULT section of the forum and forum members should post as such!

Your phone is basically a NSA spy tool. Just install the apps on your primary phone like a normy and use the toggles to restrict it's access to your contacts and what not. It's pretty safe to assume that absolutely nothing you do with or around a phone is private, so going through that effort for a null gain is pretty not smart.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Your phone is basically a NSA spy tool. Just install the apps on your primary phone like a normy and use the toggles to restrict it's access to your contacts and what not. It's pretty safe to assume that absolutely nothing you do with or around a phone is private, so going through that effort for a null gain is pretty not smart.
Well I assume that with the NSA. Mainly trying to keep fag big tech like Facebook out.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Well I assume that with the NSA. Mainly trying to keep fag big tech like Facebook out.
Put pronouns and acab in your profile and post dick pics and they'll leave you alone.

• 1EyeRoll

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Cat What GIF by Garfield

If you don’t install the pleb apps with innate tracking it’ll attract even more attention, folbro. You cannot win.

• 1Like

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
If your burner phone and your primary phone are within proximity of each other, intelligence agencies can link your identity to your burner.

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If your burner phone and your primary phone are within proximity of each other, intelligence agencies can link your identity to your burner.
I think about this all the time when I'm playing with geoprocessing tools in arc. After seeing how they're used in drones, I've horrified people by telling them I'm sure they've been able to tell when you're holding your phone and jacking off using the IMU for years.

Google already had that shit ready to go when they up and decided to just release all of the "anonomized data" for covid contact trading. There's more layers to go through there than just "we just happen to have it ready", so they're easily a decade+ into that shit being an efficient tool for stuff like proximal interaction tracking.