Disco Elysium

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just came across this game, looks amazing. With Utnayan though, would love to slouch on the couch and play this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Calls out Marx and Engles, sells game on evil capitalist Steam. Can't explain that.

If the developers admit they are communists, is that an implicit agreement that we can freely pirate the game?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've never pirated a game before...
Yeah, me either...
Image result for hiding gif

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Rime

<Donor>
The only 'difficulty' in pirating a game is patching it when there are bugs/glitches, particularly with smaller companies that might put out dozens of fixes in quick order, rather than one or two big patches. You have to be on the spot with getting them, as many sites/people who provide access to the material outside of purchasing do not keep up with it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
How difficult is pirating s game in 2019?

You can find a game and have it running within 5 clicks or so, minus the text to search for it. Most installers copy the crack for you now so you don't even need to bother digging into the folders to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You'll still end up one patch short with this game, but given how many times they've patched the game it's probably nothing major. Apparently communists don't believe in patch notes either though, so no idea what any of the patches fixed.

Grab the magnet link from Fitgirl's site, then patch with the following:
CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community • View topic - Disco Elysium (bundle of all but the last two patches, just extract this one)
CS.RIN.RU - Steam Underground Community • View topic - Disco Elysium (second to last patch, contains an xdelta you need to run)

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty sure the story of this was written by an Estonian who is deeply critical of the USSR.

It's not uncommon for people who write seemingly pretentious things to say outlandish shit.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They're Estonian, but apparently they moved to London and have rich friends that provided for them while making the game. So, they are really just some of those new hypocrite hippy commie types. The game is also set in a setting that revolves around post-war labor issues, race and all those other things. People I trust tell me that it's not too heavy or stupid for the most part, but expect political shit going on.

That said, the game is masterfully written, and the concept is great. You wake up from a near-death booze binge not really sure who the fuck you are, only to find out you're a cop and you're in the area to investigate a murder. You have to piece together what happened with not only that, but yourself. And your character was a real severe asshole, which you can choose to continue as, or try to make up for it. You can't change what happened, but you can change how you move forward from it.

I paused several times to appreciate the writing and found myself cracking up quite often to the results of my choices, and that was all just within the first area. I only stopped playing because I need to be in a certain mood to play text-heavy RPG's.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I died in the first room from a heart attack trying to get the cloth from the fan. Haven't played it since.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Kept failing the checks? I think you lose health each time. The funny thing is that it's just his necktie.
Nah it was instant death. Probobly because I only had 1 point in the stat the check was used.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Mine was my health was low from trying to beat up the huge dude in the starter area despite having low physical stats, leaving me on the brink, only to fail a dialogue option with the union guy and drop dead of a heart attack as a result. It was made so much funnier that I had been playing as a lunatic (calling into the cop station about losing gun/badge was fucking hilarious) just weirding everyone out, only to just suddenly drop dead.

He died as he lived: With his face in the dirt.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users