Disco Elysium

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is INCREDIBLE. Im surprised more of you guys arent on this. Its possibly a top 5 RPG of all time. Some of the deepest, most engaging writing in any video game ever, with an interesting and awesome art style that adds to the strange vibe of the games mood.

its pretty gnarly arguing with your own limbic system and battling your inner demons while dealing with a vicious bout of alcoholism. Being a "hobocop" while walking around with a dirty wife beater, a colorful tie, stained pants and fingerless gloves is awesome. I collect bottles for money in between begging people for food. An amazing game.

edit: and lol about dying in the first room. I did too. You just have to turn the fan off before reaching for your tie lol.

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picked this up. Kicked a mailbox, died of a heart attack. A+ game so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Picked this up.. Interesting experience so far.. Haven't died yet although I have taken damage a few times from doing things I obviously shouldn't have. Apparently I'm a 'sorrycop' because I keep apologising to various people for the shenanigans I appear to have been up to the last 2 days which I have no memory off. Ahh sweet alcohol.

• 2Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
My first play through I did kind of across the board average normie.

Now I'm doing my second as max physique/psyche and jesus it's night and day. The game does a really good job in making me squeamish choosing things out of the ordinary.

I wish they would make it for tablet/mobile as this would make a great game to play while traveling.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am max psyche/intelligence but min physique and motor. Trying to talk my way out of/into some things is yielding some hilarious options.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah psyche/int offers the best/most robust chat options, lore and overall character immersion.

The other route has him escalating even the most normal shit and trying to pick fights, drug up, sleezeball etc.

I think I spent a solid 10-15 hours just scouring the starting area w/ different builds to find the majority of content.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I just tried to smash a trucks window with a crowbar, failed. Turned, complained to my tiny japanese partner that it must be shatterproof. He looked at me with intense disappointment, grabbed the crowbar and smashed the window in with one swing. Not emasculating at all.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Kim, you grab the engine, I'm going to stand on the bow rocking my shoulder boombox.
1619873312122.png

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Game was amazing. Arguing with your own limbic system might be one of the most memorable things I ever do in a video game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I’m enjoying this game but maybe I’m the only old fart that can’t read the text on my 60” TV from six feet away.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’m enjoying this game but maybe I’m the only old fart that can’t read the text on my 60” TV from six feet away.

I couldn't imagine trying to play this game from the couch, on a console. It looks like it was designed for PC primarily and the crisper text you get on a monitor. Not only that, your 60 inch TV at 6 foot is probably a decent chunk smaller, in your field of vision, than my 28 inch monitor is at 2 foot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lets ask Brahma Brahma for confirmation.

There shall be a day where a child is used as a hostage in some situation by some crazy ass sicko. A small bomb strapped to said child. The sick fuck will negotiate with the police, and he will have two demands. One, bring forth the Janx Janx for a trade. You being the noble summa bitch you are, I am sure, will come forth. The second demand will be that the only way this child doesn't become red ink, is if you take this small bomb, and strap it to your nut sack!

You of course decline...well, because, fuck this child. You love your nuts more than some strange little boogie pickin, snot nosed kid. You back away declining. Hands in the air. Head shaking no.

Of course the national press and it's ilk are all there, and everyone in the country watching boos you. Fuck Janx! Booooo! Fuck his nuts!

Then a hero emerges. A tall dark and handsome mutha fucker. Some say a cross between Elba, Washington, Jordan. He emerges from out of the bushes or from behind a car, it doesn't matter. Brahma has arrived. The at home peeps are mesmerized. Where was THIS fucker hiding? How they miss his gorgeous ass? Like I said...it doesn't matter. I shoot you in both knees. You of course go down, in exquisite finger tip kissing pain.

Questioning me, and cursing me at the same time. I drag you back to the sick fuck who has this child held tight, with a ball sack sized bomb wrapped around the innocent child. I nod to the sicko. He nods back. A trade is made. He unwraps the bomb from the child. I drag you to him. He pushes the child to me, and the child and I start to walk away. The sicko hails me. "Hey black_guy_01". He tosses me the detonator as he wraps this tiny Janx ball sized bomb around your personals. I swipe the detonator mid air...look at down at the child, into those innocent eyes... Do I see a twinkle? She gives me the quick tight nod, and we walk away.

I hold up the detonator, slow motion walk holding the hand of this child. You wanted confirmation? I slooooowly press the button. Kaboom mutha fucker. Kaboom.

Last edited:
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users