Disenchantment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
2.33 star(s) Rating: 2.33/5 3 Votes
Title: Disenchantment

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Animation, Comedy

First aired: 2018-08-17

Creator: Matt Groening

Cast: Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon, Eric André

Overview: Set in a ruined medieval city called Dreamland, Disenchantment follows the grubby adventures of a hard-drinking princess, her feisty elf companion and her personal demon.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Debuts tonight at midnight, I believe. New cartoon from The Simpsons and Futurama Mastermind Matt Groening.

Mostly lackluster reviews so far, but what do critics know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Its surprisingly gory....like old school Itch and Scratchy gory which I am down with. Honestly it feels like Futurama season 1, where you can see how it can all fit together with time and they if hit their groove they just need to get there. Season two will be the real test for this show. Really though if you like Old Simpsons / Futurama at all this will be up your alley just dont go in expecting Futurama YET.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Its not nearly as good as Futurama was at the start, the whole introduction of the main characters was clunky, but there are some pretty funny things in the first couple episodes. I'm on board.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All I keep hearing in my head when I see this poster-ad, is this doopey potato motherfucker

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I really liked the first episode where Elfo walks onto that gnome vs orc battlefield but sadly nothing like that ever happens again. The humor is okay, they did a good job in the beginning but they draw from the same well too often and it gets a bit stale. Ultimately I'm just not a fan of any of the characters; everything revolves around the drunken princess and every character has a stchick which they adhere to at all times. So things become predictable but it's still decent enough light entertainment that so far hasn't ever been annoying.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wasn't bad overall but felt pretty average, now that they have the world setup hopefully the next season will allow them to focus more on jokes as it's probably the most plot heavy of the Groening shows.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Liked it enough to give season two a watch when it comes out. Nothing special but then again neither was futurama season one for the most part.

Had a couple of really good moments

the second prince she was supposed to marry fucking a bunch of walrus sirens then slaughtering her allies and cannibal hansel and gretel were golden.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Watched one episode, very meh. Humor is very much modern Simpsons, and falls far short of Simpson pre-season 10 or Rick and Morty. Fairly generic fantasy and character types.

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
Wife and I watched the first episode last night. We both thought it was okay, but just okay.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Although this wasn't amazing, I found it enjoyable. It felt about on par with the first season or two of Futurama. It does start finding it's groove as the seaaon progresses. I am looking forward to part 2.

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
Took me a minute to figure out who Sorcerio reminds me of...

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 5.19.11 PM.png

=

4818771266_652ae1682b_b.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I only watched the first episode, didn't find it funny or interesting at all. Not going to bother with more.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm four episodes in, and I'm enjoying it. It's definitely not laugh-out-loud funny like Futurama was but I like Bean, Lucy, and King Zog (not totally sold on Elfo yet). It does suffer from the problem that everything is very Bean-focused so the other characters don't really get a chance to branch out of their tropes, and there are no side-plots during any of the episodes (yet) so depending on how much you're enjoying the main plot that can either make or break the show for you. My other major criticism is that they seemed to have completely dropped the ball on sound design; there are weird periods of silence where we should be hearing things like character footsteps, crowds, etc. It's really weird when Bean pulls aside Elfo or Lucy to whisper to them in the middle of a big crowd and we can't hear the crowd in the background.

The one thing this show does do really well is the art. Every frame is absolutely gorgeous lots of attention to detail in every scene.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
futurama in the first few episodes suffered from that wierd dead silence, with no ambient sounds.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
just ok so far. I dont really like any of the characters.

Bean is insufferable. super privileged princess complaining about her lot, and lack of choice,, when she has more choices then everyone else in the show. It DOES point this out from time to time. But, rarely ever directly to her face to make her grew or face it in any way. Shes very one note as a result.
Elfo has weak design.
lucy is interesting, but also one note.

The king is a Greoning stereotype we've seen a hundred times in Futurama/simpsons.

Episode 5 seems to be where they really start dealing with her being entitled. we'll see if she gets likeable from here.

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Finished the season. The sound issues improve. Episode 7 is legitimately good and feels like a classic Simpsons/Futurama episode. As for the rest, it's still just okay.

There is a significant cliffhanger at the end that really pissed me off. But Netflix shows tend to do that.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm about half way through and it's really growing on me. I mean, it's not super hilarious or anything but I've gotten a few chuckles here and there. And I like the characters -- especially the talking cat.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was great. The characters are good. So it has potential to build a lot. I wouldn't say its anywhere near to Futurama though... at least not yet.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database