Disney+ Streaming Service

spronk

FPS noob
So Apple TV+ is a thing also coming Nov and poised to have a strong line up of new series and channels as well. Apple shocked the world when it stated a $4.99 initial price. Most expected $10-15. I'll grab it just to see Jason Momoas series See which takes place far in the future.

So far on all Apple stuff, Fire TV, some Smart TVs and Roku and maybe more by Nov 1st

do you really think these three shows are strong. these are the launch shows

first up, old white women mad at men

next up, in the valley of the blind the one eyed baby is king

what if we sent women into space

finally, what if we took Downton Abbey and crossed it with the Kardassians

those are the 4 known shows Apple TV+ is gonna launch with, the others without trailers are Oprah Winfrey's book club and The Elephant Queen, a show about a matriarch elephant.

yeah, that sounds AMAZING. If you wanna chop your dick off.

• 4Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U

those are the 4 known shows Apple TV+ is gonna launch with, the others without trailers are Oprah Winfrey's book club and The Elephant Queen, a show about a matriarch elephant.

I watch all Jason Momoa stuff. Plus all the other unknown content/channels/movies from the past will be a bonus. I'm sure there will even be a free month but if not I'll pay $5 to see ANYTHING new for a month.

What I really think is between Disney+ and Apple+ the out of control gimme $100 a month shitlords like ATT/Direct TV are going to lose their shit. I'm fine with that too.
2020 will be Netflix who? Fine with that also.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
N
I watch all Jason Momoa stuff. Plus all the other unknown content/channels/movies from the past will be a bonus. I'm sure there will even be a free month but if not I'll pay $5 to see ANYTHING new for a month.

What I really think is between Disney+ and Apple+ the out of control gimme $100 a month shitlords like ATT/Direct TV are going to lose their shit. I'm fine with that too.

Completely agree! The bad thing is the extremely greedy and out-of-touch-with-reality cable companies are the ones who control internet access too. So any package with unlimited data is basically $100 anyway. AT&T is $70/month for unlimited as a special then bumps up to $100/month after a year (supposedly you can call and get the promotion again.) SuddenLink was same shit, $100/month, no matter how many times I called and threatened, but when I finally cancelled they offered the $70/month. So they're still sticking it up our asses, but at least we aren't paying them for cable too.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yikes, none of those Apple shows look good. Maybe the space one if it gets good reviews, idk. The Momoa one is just like Horizon Zero Dawn without the badass robots.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Plus all the other unknown content/channels/movies from the past will be a bonus. I'm sure there will even be a free month but if not I'll pay $5 to see ANYTHING new for a month.

Has Apple stated that Apple TV+ will include other content, channels, and movies besides their originals?

Oldbased

> Than U
Has Apple stated that Apple TV+ will include other content, channels, and movies besides their originals?
It shows they will have a large movie base and tv shows. Probably the same line as what Prime and such offers. I've noticed what is available on one is usually available on another. Like Prime and Hulu almost always have the same selections. I assume it is some sort of bulk variety offered for a certain price/time.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It shows they will have a large movie base and tv shows. Probably the same line as what Prime and such offers. I've noticed what is available on one is usually available on another. Like Prime and Hulu almost always have the same selections. I assume it is some sort of bulk variety offered for a certain price/time.

So, the large movie base and other TV shows are just being curated in the Apple TV app. That's different than the Apple TV+ which is the streaming service, which, as far as know, will only have Apple-produced TV shows. It's all horribly named and confusing as fuck.

Oldbased

> Than U
So, the large movie base and other TV shows are just being curated in the Apple TV app. That's different than the Apple TV+ which is the streaming service, which, as far as know, will only have Apple-produced TV shows. It's all horribly named and confusing as fuck.
Who knows, they may just mix it into 1 thing. AT&T has been ( and still is but slowly becoming more clear ) a mess the past few months. They are slowly removing all mention of Direct TV Now and converting to AT&T Now but packages, prices, conditions and such been changing weekly during the process. Guess we'll have to wait till Nov 1 to really see what's up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
apple TV+ won't have jack shit, it definitely won't have the content library of prime or netflix or even HBO, Showtime, etc. It will have a grand total of NINE shows at launch and another 5 added over a few months. Thats it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Who knows, they may just mix it into 1 thing. AT&T has been ( and still is but slowly becoming more clear ) a mess the past few months. They are slowly removing all mention of Direct TV Now and converting to AT&T Now but packages, prices, conditions and such been changing weekly during the process. Guess we'll have to wait till Nov 1 to really see what's up.
I predict this is the first steps in divesting themselves of Directv and paying down some of their gargantuan debt load.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
apple TV+ won't have jack shit, it definitely won't have the content library of prime or netflix or even HBO, Showtime, etc. It will have a grand total of NINE shows at launch and another 5 added over a few months. Thats it.
But it will have the apple logo on it so millions of hipsters will sign up for it anyway.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Space one looks alright....the one where blind people have a kid that sees in the future looks awful imo.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester

That's happening. I saw a commercial today telling direct tv customers to call and complain about Disney withdrawing from the package.

I thought, "well. Huh. I guess direct tv is about to stop being a thing"

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Space one looks alright....the one where blind people have a kid that sees in the future looks awful imo.
Yeah that one's too realistic. Imagine if 20 years ago you could see the future today, you would go blind.

• 2Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
That's happening. I saw a commercial today telling direct tv customers to call and complain about Disney withdrawing from the package.

I thought, "well. Huh. I guess direct tv is about to stop being a thing"
Ya, I assume it is happening across the board. All those networks are fucking crazy. Like for example, you can sub to a fox news app and get Fox News, Fox News Business and several channels no one even knew was Fox, but you have to have a provider( cable/sat ) to get FX/FXX/FXM. All the networks are like that. Then when blackouts happen it isn't because Dish didn't want to pay .73 cents per subscriber, it is because Fox insisted In addition to 15 channels, they now carry fapfapfaptv for 2.01 a subscriber that no one wanted.
I'm picking on Fox here because they are literally the dinos when it comes to being on top of the trends but they all do it.
This is why when converting from Direct TV Now to AT&T Now all these offerings and prices keep changing around. I haven't checked in a week or two to see if they finally got their shit sorted because I am done paying over $25 for tv channels for life. We don't watch enough TV to justify even that to be honest. I watch 1 show on AMC atm and Shelly watches 3 shows on FX/ID a week. The rest is whatever movie selection Prime/Hulu has and old series and we OANN our news.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

giphy.gif

Damn. Maybe the astronaut one...maybe.

The Momoa one looks like it could have been decent if it wasn't such an awful, ridiculous premise. I loved the blind people lining up to "fight" each other..LOL. Are we just going to watch a bunch of retards swinging at each other and never hitting shit? The whole "knowledge" is the source of evil theme always instantly turns me off, too. The worst part about climate change themes in entertainment has been the push of romance-era ideals that technology is bad and the only way to fix things is a return to nature.

The Dickenson one....What the fuck was that? Why was she twerking in the 1800's? Too bad to, because that actress was great in True Grit, and my wife loves to watch historical pieces. But god damn, that was cringe inducing.

Who the fuck green-lit all this shit? SJW stuff aside, its all just...terrible looking.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Good lord is that service stillborn.

But yeah, the premise for See is so bonkers it's fascinating.
Why wouldn't wolves and big cats have wiped us out at the beginning?
How do battles work? Blindly swinging at the enemy until you accidentally nail your comrades? Do tribes just have really strong specific scents? If the scents are that strong and identifying, doesn't that throw the concept of stealth out the window? (Again, why didn't predators kill us off.) Do they just have tribe specific guttural "hut" noises they make all the time? Is there an array of deceptive hut noises they make in battle?
Why the fuck would you be walking around with edged weapons in forests? One trip on a root and you nick yourself, get an infection (since medicine is basically dead without being able to identify anything), and die. It should be all clubs all the time, with edged weapons only used for skinning or harvesting. Also, using an axe for wood sounds terrifying.
How does anyone know if anything is clean? Sure, some things you can smell, but do they all have bionic sense of taste too?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Now we need Eek! The Cat.

The Tick's old cartoon would be pretty badass also, but I don't know if Disney has access to it being that it isn't a Marvel character.