Disney+ Streaming Service

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Most ride it out cuz they have kids and it's 7 bucks. At 7 bucks it's even more likely that people just stay subbed.
Covid really fucked things up though. We should already have had Falcon and Winter Soldier and WandaVision would probably be coming out next month and Loki would proabably have been in March or something.
I got it for like 4.99 a month pre-launch. Its worth 5 bucks a month.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Gimme them releases straight to streaming baby.
I wonder what the movie industry is gonna do if streaming becomes the way. So long Hollywood blockbusters, there is no way that movies are going to make billions of dollars anymore. They would need to cut movie budgets by like 2/3rds, at least, to make profitable movies.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I wonder what the movie industry is gonna do if streaming becomes the way. So long Hollywood blockbusters, there is no way that movies are going to make billions of dollars anymore. They would need to cut movie budgets by like 2/3rds, at least, to make profitable movies.
Netflix is able to put out content with great production value and they aren't even surcharging for their new releases. It can definitely be done. If they need to trim the budget they can start by cutting the salaries of these whiney fucks. Maybe we don't get any huge budget CGI-packed bullshit like the Avengers? Boo fucking hoo, we're better off without it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
If that means more shows like The Mandalorian over movies like the last 3 Star Wars movies than this is good news.

I’m looking forward to Wandavision and Falcon and Winter Soldier show too.

We’ve seen a lot of big name actors recently doing stuff on streaming platform like Henry Cavill for The Witcher, no clue what his salary is for that vs doing movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LED panel sets in an insurance dictated production are the logical step gap until this covid shit is over. You'll see a dramatic drop in older actors across the board though.

Hell, Samuel L is 71 surprised they even got the OK for him to film anything.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Same shit happened to the music industry. The "stars" actually had to 'gasp' , hit the road and actually perform in front of their audiences, i.e. work.

Hollywood is gonna have to become leaner and meaner and the actors manage their lives better

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Same shit happened to the music industry. The "stars" actually had to 'gasp' , hit the road and actually perform in front of their audiences, i.e. work.

Hollywood is gonna have to become leaner and meaner and the actors manage their lives better
I would love it if the film industry could become decentralized from Hollywood. There's no shortage acting talent around the world and it takes a lot less to put a movie together in this day and age thanks for digital video. Not going to get my hopes up though.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I would love it if the film industry could become decentralized from Hollywood. There's no shortage acting talent around the world and it takes a lot less to put a movie together in this day and age thanks for digital video. Not going to get my hopes up though.

It will happen, also can't wait to see all the SJW actors hitting the road doing dinner theater soon

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Netflix is able to put out content with great production value and they aren't even surcharging for their new releases. It can definitely be done.
I am not even an internet accountant, but Netflix has lost billions every year. There was some talk things were about to come to a head in 2020 when the pandemic led to a bunch of new subscriptions which pushed any potential reckoning down the pike.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Best part is they won't have to suck China's dick and cater to the god awful Asian market anymore. You think Americans are bad about piracy? We have nothing on our Eastern high seas brethren.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Wow, if their streaming model works it will open up a whole new attack on torrenting...

Which will lead to a new glorious age of adventures upon the high seas, y'harr ya salty bastard!

iu

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Wow, if their streaming model works it will open up a whole new attack on torrenting...

Which will lead to a new glorious age of adventures upon the high seas, y'harr ya salty bastard!

iu
I've been swabbing the decks on many different trackers the last decade in preparation for this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think people are anxious to start going out again. part of that was movies. they cant do it yet because the fearmonger is still strong.