Disney+ Streaming Service

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Same shit happened to the music industry. The "stars" actually had to 'gasp' , hit the road and actually perform in front of their audiences, i.e. work.

Hollywood is gonna have to become leaner and meaner and the actors manage their lives better

How do they even get paid with the whole $10/month streaming model being standard? Like lets say I pay my $10, and I play 500 songs by different artists, how much would like the beatles versus taylor swift versus the antlers (or some equally much less known band) get paid? Is it based on number of streamings?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How do they even get paid with the whole $10/month streaming model being standard? Like lets say I pay my $10, and I play 500 songs by different artists, how much would like the beatles versus taylor swift versus the antlers (or some equally much less known band) get paid? Is it based on number of streamings?

My understanding of how those music streaming sites work is there is a set amount of total money earmarked for the artists and what percentage of that pie they get is based on overall minutes listened to their works. So basically it is based on a macro model that accounts for the service as a whole vs. what an individual listens to. The big complaint there is that model mostly benefits the big artists and the little gets get jackshit. Some people have been pushing for the pie to be on a per-user basis in order to increase the overall funds due to a smaller artist. So in that proposed model for example, if I pay $10 a month for the service and the company says $5 of that will go to the artists and I 100% listen to one band only, then that entire $5 goes to the band. In the current model, even if I listen %100 to one band only, almost all of my $5 will go to shit like Taylor Swift or some big rapper or whatever.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You guys also are not considering how much money gets flushed down the shitter in things like advertising and distribution. Basically, half of the cost of any movie being made in the last two decades went to bloated advertising and distro deals. Streaming eliminates a LOT of that overhead, especially since you can mostly just advertise on your own platform, essentially for free. This will nuke all the small chains, though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh boy, I knew I forgot a beloved movie from my youth that hadn't been raped, molested, and murdered by modern interpretational bias and creatively bankrupt film makers.

Hooray, a sequel... woohoo.
its ok, its in good hands with Disney. they would never ruin a beloved film classic.
Screen-Shot-2019-02-11-at-8.52.02-AM.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here's the latest coming soon to theaters Disney+ movie. Spot how many cartoons and games it rips off.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wtf is with their apps still being shitty? Disney+ on Roku, and the wife already watched Mandolorian. I try watching it, and there is no restart episode? I have to manually rewind the whole fucking thing in 10-second intervals. This is dumb.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
must be the roku D+ app, on my LG native there is a "RESTART" button on the under the title bar, next to play/resume, RESTART, add to wishlist, and Groupwatch

what i'd suggest is setting up multiple profiles. I have one for family, me, and every kid in my family who watches. i put myself last so the little shits don't fuck with my playlists

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
is the show about old TV sets? those promos are lame as fuck.
It is supposed to be the introduction of Scarlet Witch and her reality alteration powers. This is probably all in her mindscape/universe. They are using throwbacks to old family TV shows as some inspiration for a few episodes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It is supposed to be the introduction of Scarlet Witch and her reality alteration powers. This is probably all in her mindscape/universe. They are using throwbacks to old family TV shows as some inspiration for a few episodes.
They must have hired the guy who used to do the Nick At Night TV Land promos. It makes me think they really dont have much to show and they are confident youll tune in to watch paint dry because its got the marvel tag.