Disney+ Streaming Service

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Saw there was a new show Baymax. Really liked Big Hero 6, watch it with my kid every once in a while, so threw them on Plex. I’m really glad I watched them with him and didn’t just let him watch on his own. The show is just Baymax going around helping people with health issues.

Episode 1 & 2 were fairly boring and humorless. 3, He is in a school and as he’s walking down a hallway he hears a girl say “no, no, no!” From the bathroom. He looks at the “All Genders Bathroom” sign and goes in to help her. She denies she needs help from the stall but he keeps pushing. She comes out of the stall with toilet paper shoved down the front of her pants, and I realize it’s going to be about getting her first period, so turn it off before my son starts asking wtf is going on.

So I look it up after it’s off and Baymax ends up going tampon shopping for her. He gets advice at the store from a bunch of woman and a trans on which is better, tampons or pads.

Episode 4 he helps a food truck driver that develops allergies to the food he serves. Along the way he helps the guy work up the courage to ask another guy out on a date.

Fucking ridiculous.

• 4WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users

spronk

FPS noob
deadpool, deadpool 2, and Logan will stream on Disney+ starting tomorrow as long as you have R-rated content turned on in your (sub) account

probably means a deadpool 3 announcement is coming this weekend or at D23

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of surprised, but my wife just said she didn't want to renew. Apparently our original 3 year sub (for $160ish or whatever it was) ends in a few months.

Wonder how many people end up not renewing as theirs come up soon as well.

Not sure how Disney does their accounting, but that could do a real number on their books.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
That's okay, eventually they'll just get it in government bailouts that you don't have any choice in paying.

Thanks, free citizen!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kind of surprised, but my wife just said she didn't want to renew. Apparently our original 3 year sub (for $160ish or whatever it was) ends in a few months.

Wonder how many people end up not renewing as theirs come up soon as well.

Not sure how Disney does their accounting, but that could do a real number on their books.
I have the Founder's deal (3 years at 4.99 a month) and it ends in Nov. Not renewing. Fuck em.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Coworker I work with follows Star Wars comics. Guess they made obiwan bisexual a couple weeks ago lmao. They’re pushing so fuckin hard now.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If not for my daughter, I would cancel. They have produced 2 good series since I became a member with Hawkeye and The Mandarin. Everything else has been mostly pretty awful up to forgettable. Not worth keeping the membership but my daughter enjoys the older Disney material.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If not for my daughter, I would cancel. They have produced 2 good series since I became a member with Hawkeye and The Mandarin. Everything else has been mostly pretty awful up to forgettable. Not worth keeping the membership but my daughter enjoys the older Disney material.
The Mandalorian was so good you dont even know its name!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

If Disney+’s subscriber growth is any indication, the rumors that the global streaming market is nearing saturation have been proven untrue.

On Wednesday, the Walt Disney Company reported that total Disney+ subscriptions rose to 152.1 million during the fiscal third quarter, higher than the 147 million analysts had forecast, according to StreetAccount.

At the end of the fiscal third quarter, Hulu had 46.2 million subscribers and ESPN+ had 22.8 million.

i guess D+ will rise in price in Dec to $11/mo, be interesting to see what impact that has on subs. We get a free D+ sub thanks to my wifes work mobile plan (verizon something-something), but I still have the original 2 or 3 year $120 deal stacked on top of that if Verizon ends the deal.

Goatface

these are all the prices i saw

Disney Plus to $10.99 / month, up from $7.99 / month, starting December 8th
Disney Plus ad-supported $7.99 / month
Hulu ad-free $14.99/ month, up from $12.99
Hulu ad-supported version will cost $7.99 / month, up from $6.99

ad-free Disney Plus subscription along with an ad-supported plan for Hulu and ESPN Plus will increase from $13.99 to $14.99 / month.
Disney Plus and Hulu with ads for $9.99 / month.
Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus, all with no ads, will cost $19.99 / month.