Disney+ Streaming Service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
0.83 star(s) Rating: 0.83/5 6 Votes
Title: Best of Disney Vol.1 (2003)

Release: 2003-05-16

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Disney to end movie deal with Netflix and start its own streaming services
  • Disney announced during its latest earnings report it intends to pull all its movies from Netflix
  • It also will launch an ESPN video streaming service in early 2018, including MLB, NHL and MLS content.
  • There's also plans to launch a branded Disney direct to consumer streaming service in 2019

With Netflix recently buying some comic book company, I wonder if this means the Marvel/Netflix comic show partnership will also be coming to an end.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I posted about this in the Netflix Buys Millarworld thread over in the TV House before I saw this here. But yes, I think the chances of Disney yanking their Marvel shows once the current deal expires is is very high though there could be some specifics in those deals that limit Disney's distribution rights on the existing seasons of those shows. I think it's safe to say that any new streamed content using their Marvel properties will certainly be developed for their own service though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yay, another streaming service.

Quick someone call Gabe, SteamTV is late to the party

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
By 2020 it will be cheaper to just have cable with all the prems than have 10 streaming services to get the content you want.
At only $399 a month, it'll be a steal!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Main thing I am wondering about is the Marvel shows on Netflix.
they are all shit tho.

legit shit. none of them are good. none.

also, pirating is now the new trend . thanks disney.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Another streaming service I wont be subscribing too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm still pissed that I lost like 20 dvd's from my que on netflix because they ditched a lot of random fucking anime I was interested in watching. (Old Macross type stuff) Then a few things like GOT for some reason got removed. So when I checked my que I had like 2 things on there. Then also had random other theatre releases from last couple years also go poof.

My bad for taking like 3-4 months to only watch 2 different dvd's. Need to just drop dvd service but then again streaming is noticably lacking good stuff it seems lately. Going to turn me into a pirate at this rate and I've long avoided torrenting anything.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
they are all shit tho.

legit shit. none of them are good. none.

also, pirating is now the new trend . thanks disney.

giphy.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
These dumbasses are destroying the streaming future and they don't even realize this. Take HBO for example, do you think HBO has enough content to charge someone $20/month?

They are killing the industry and they don't even know it yet. The beauty of a service like Netflix is huge variety of shows, movies and exclusives for a low monthly cost. Take 1/2 their content away because everyone now wants to be their own next netflix, well you just fucked yourself, and in the process fucked netflix.

What's gonna happen in the future is people signing up, binging the content when it comes out, and then dropping the service for the rest of the year. Or simply piracy. Thus fucking the industry further.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
These dumbasses are destroying the streaming future and they don't even realize this. Take HBO for example, do you think HBO has enough content to charge someone $20/month?

They are killing the industry and they don't even know it yet. The beauty of a service like Netflix is huge variety of shows, movies and exclusives for a low monthly cost. Take 1/2 their content away because everyone now wants to be their own next netflix, well you just fucked yourself, and in the process fucked netflix.

HBO has enough content to charge $15/month (HBO Now). Other than Game of Thrones, they have a lot of great television shows, HBO-only movies, and access to lots of streaming movies you might not find on Netflix/Hulu (or have to wait a lot longer to get). They also give you access to their entire back catalog of shows, which is amazing.

Honestly, I think HBO is an example of a company that is doing things the right way. They offer multiple ways to access their content (traditional cable packages, HBO Go, HBO Now, or through 3rd parties like Hulu) for reasonable prices. They also put out a ton of great content and have an enormous back catalog of shows and movies to enjoy.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well I was assuming HBO now was same as HBO go which I have. Shit movies, old shows that we all watched from 90s and 2 good new ones.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also I'm 95% sure I read an article somewhere that was discussing how Netflix since it started getting acclaim for it's original series has started more and more trying to negotiate it's streaming contracts lower and lower.

If you've got the capital to pick up your ball and set up your own streaming service and the cash cow you're using for streaming says "Hey, next year we're gonna start paying you half as much for the same content" - it makes a ton of sense to pack up your ball and go home with it.

Now it's possible I'm misremembering something or maybe hallucinating it - but assuming I'm correct, I could easily see many major houses like Disney doing their own.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Netflix also cares a lot less about having streaming rights for other companies. They're focused primarily on creating their own original programming. I can't remember the last time I watched a non-Netflix movie/show on Netflix.

Hulu is moving in this direction as well.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Netflix is making a lot of original content but they should have some kind of quality control like HBO because i would never consider watching shows like "bill nye rapes the minds of children"

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'm still pissed that I lost like 20 dvd's from my que on netflix because they ditched a lot of random fucking anime I was interested in watching. (Old Macross type stuff) Then a few things like GOT for some reason got removed. So when I checked my que I had like 2 things on there. Then also had random other theatre releases from last couple years also go poof.

My bad for taking like 3-4 months to only watch 2 different dvd's. Need to just drop dvd service but then again streaming is noticably lacking good stuff it seems lately. Going to turn me into a pirate at this rate and I've long avoided torrenting anything.

Your first mistake was Anime.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database