Disney+ Streaming Service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

Late 80's ESPN: rodeos, bicycle racing, monster truck rallies, drag racing, tractor pulls, and the jewel in the crown ... out of market college basketball games.

they used to show point to point rally, while in car looked like it was shot with super8 and everyone was norwegian
was some of the best racing on tv

guess they will be streaming high school basketball and soccer

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Late 80's ESPN: rodeos, bicycle racing, monster truck rallies, drag racing, tractor pulls, and the jewel in the crown ... out of market college basketball games.

Late 10's ESPN: political commentary and communist rallies

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

ESPN doesn't even air any sporting events I give a shit about. Football is either on CBS, Fox, or NBC. Red Sox and Bruins are on NESN, with the occasional game being on ESPN maybe. IDGAF about NBA/Soccer/whatever, so no loss there ;p

But like someone pointed out, I could easily see them launch the service, watch it underperform, then they start to yank other items from other streaming sites in an effort to hurt them/bolster themselves.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
IGN had an article this morning saying that it wasn't settled yet what will happen with Marvel and Star Wars, it's just Disney and Pixar that are definitely jumping ship so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

Like I said earlier, I'm watching clone wars on netflix now, and every time I start it up, it tells me the content will be availble until sept 8th. So it sounds like the decision has been made on star wars. That message began the same day I first heard the announcement.

Nah, the crown jewel was beach volleyball and water skiing late at night. Every once in a while, if you were lucky, you'd get some freestyle jet skiing too.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't connect the dots right away but was very curious why 2019 is so packed with HUGE movies from Disney. Now it makes sense.

Captain Marvel will be the first Disney movie that is EXCLUSIVE to Disney+.
And then you have Avengers, Aladdin, Lion King, Frozen II, Star Wars IX, Maleficent 2, +whatever else all this year, giving Disney+ some big exclusive titles right out the gate.

Well played.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn't connect the dots right away but was very curious why 2019 is so packed with HUGE movies from Disney. Now it makes sense.

Captain Marvel will be the first Disney movie that is EXCLUSIVE to Disney+.
And then you have Avengers, Aladdin, Lion King, Frozen II, Star Wars IX, Maleficent 2, +whatever else all this year, giving Disney+ some big exclusive titles right out the gate.

Well played.
arent there some Captain Phasma and Rose Tico TV shows they are developing too?

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
  • 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
hopefully its better than netflix...
netflix is total shit right now..

It's an impressive list.

Disney, marvel, star wars. Movies and new series

Simpsons, malcom in the middle.

NatGeo with a new Jeff goldblum show

+ more

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
It is a sort of impressive list. They'll do alright.

It shows me how out of touch I am though. Malcom in the Middle was fun, but it ended and I don't need to watch it again. I haven't watched the simpsons in probably ten years. I've seen an episode here or there and been impressed that they're still doing it, and not disliked the episode but at the same time I don't watch the simpsons. Most of the Marvel stuff I don't care about. I liked punisher S1. Star Wars i don't even bother torrenting.

NatGeo specials I do like, enough to seek out sometimes. And the Disney movies (I assume that includes pixar movies?) I actually like enough to seek out.

But that's just me. For wide appeal they're ticking a lot of boxes.

Netflix gonna have to up their game. They could. They had about a year where they were absolutely on fire and they legit changed consumption habits for these sorts of shows. They've been sputtering for the past 2 I think. They made the mini-series a real thing in a way it wasn't since the 80's, and it's not like that isn't a big deal.

At 7 bucks a month they'll probably do some wrecking.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
It is a sort of impressive list. They'll do alright.

It shows me how out of touch I am though. Malcom in the Middle was fun, but it ended and I don't need to watch it again. I haven't watched the simpsons in probably ten years. I've seen an episode here or there and been impressed that they're still doing it, and not disliked the episode but at the same time I don't watch the simpsons. Most of the Marvel stuff I don't care about. I liked punisher S1. Star Wars i don't even bother torrenting.

NatGeo specials I do like, enough to seek out sometimes. And the Disney movies (I assume that includes pixar movies?) I actually like enough to seek out.

But that's just me. For wide appeal they're ticking a lot of boxes.

Netflix gonna have to up their game. They could. They had about a year where they were absolutely on fire and they legit changed consumption habits for these sorts of shows. They've been sputtering for the past 2 I think. They made the mini-series a real thing in a way it wasn't since the 80's, and it's not like that isn't a big deal.

At 7 bucks a month they'll probably do some wrecking.
they gone up to $12 dollars for 2 HD Viewers at the same time. And i just watched their new zombie series and it is as terrible as you'd imagine.

Their saving grace is...right now for me...
THE LAST KINGDOM (WITH BBC...NOW JUST NETFLIX...BUT STILL...I WILL JUST "ERRR" and get my goods)
THE KINGDOM (ASIAN ZOMBIE)
SOME SCIFI SERIES I FORGOT...GOOD THOUGH

that's it.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I hang onto netflix for the occasional comedy special that I like. I liked Dana Carvey's, Norm MacDonalds, a couple of others. That and I don't keep up on their release schedule. Every few months they'll put out a series that I like. Altered Carbon, The Umbrella Academy, The Last Kingdom, Kingdom, that animated show about weiners (Bigmouth?)... it's actually a pretty long list. It feels shorter because they've been rationing content. They'll drop something big that interests me every 2-3 months and I'm way the fuck too lazy to do the desub/resub ever 3 months to see what they added recently. They're banking on my lazy and they're correct to do so.

With competition it's going to be harder to bank on lazy.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I hang onto netflix for the occasional comedy special that I like. I liked Dana Carvey's, Norm MacDonalds, a couple of others. That and I don't keep up on their release schedule. Every few months they'll put out a series that I like. Altered Carbon, The Umbrella Academy, The Last Kingdom, Kingdom, that animated show about weiners (Bigmouth?)... it's actually a pretty long list. It feels shorter because they've been rationing content. They'll drop something big that interests me every 2-3 months and I'm way the fuck too lazy to do the desub/resub ever 3 months to see what they added recently. They're banking on my lazy and they're correct to do so.

With competition it's going to be harder to bank on lazy.
You know what rubs me the wrong way though. I scroll through half of their shows from browsing screen and I get frustrated that I can't find a single thing that I want to watch for more than 10 minutes. $12 is not much but I'd just cancel it just for the sake of avoiding this experience.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I really only watch Netflix for some movies. I use Hulu for everything TV. Would rather get Disney+ and drop Netflix to watch the marvel stuff. Being able to download stuff so you dont always have to stream is nice.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Nothing about Jake & The Neverland Pirates or Sophia the First. My daughter will be disappoint.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There's quite a few shows on Netflix I enjoy, Lost in Space, Last Kingdom, Stranger Things, Lucifer, all the Treks...lots of stuff. Lots of cool obscure stuff, documentaries that are always being updated, I personally am a fan and wouldn't cancel anytime soon.