Disney+ Streaming Service

Oldbased

> Than U
I missed out on the bundle even though I think I am the one who brought it up lol. Just didn't have the money at the time and wasn't sure on content. Considering the Apple+ had like a dozen shows and only 1 was semi slightly interesting Disney+ is a whopper of content even without kids. Lots of movies I was not expecting and almost all of them are 4k hdr10 streamed.
I'm on my 3rd movie now and the audio has been awesome, well other than having the door opened 3 times to tell me to turn the sub down by a angry woman.
I even watched Captain Marvel which I said I would never do. Didn't seem near as fempower as people made it to be except in a few places. I mean maybe I see it different but you take away her stone power and she is just a hotheaded fighter pilot who got shot down right? I bet she looks hot gagging on a man muscle. Anyways, pretty impressed. Going to keep for sure.
Also, goddamnit. Baby Yoda toy fights in all retail stores this year. Can't wait to see some large woman of color slam some 60 yr old white mom in Target for the last one. Hoooya

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Browsing the "through the ages" section and looking at the 80's & 90's. Oh shit.. my childhood.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Good think the Xbone app works as the Android version can't seem to chromecast to my TV. I suspect it has to do with the same reason that DCUniverse did not support Chromecasting to my TV at first.

spronk

FPS noob
I haven't downloaded Endgame, although i think i own the digital 4K version. not much interest in seeing it again, it was nice once or twice but its a long movie thats really slow

my status

LG OLED TV - app popped up on home bar when I woke up today, installed and logged in but says "Service unavailable". Would probably be my primary way in when it works
PC desktop - logged in just fine, can watch anything. I don't think its streaming in 4K or HDR on desktop
android phone - same as above
PS4 - worked fine BUT no HDR at all on any of the movies or shows I tried

hopefully the TV apps start working soon as I think thats probably a good bet for 4K and HDR.

Unfortunately the apps are super barebones, I see no where to control quality settings, HDR, etc. They don't even display stream info. They do let you turn subtitles and audio language, which is nice at least.

edit: there is a 4K and HDR category, Zootopia Endgame etc are on there. Played on my LG TV app and some played in Dolby Vision (nice!) and others in HDR, so its working on TV at least.

The extras for everything is also REALLY nice, basically bluray extras all bundled into the stream. Avengers Endgame for example has like 10 including deleted scenes, directors commentary, even deleted scenes with directors commentary.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are already having problems. "We are prepared" indeed. My T.V. states that the connection is too low and my computers only see the circle of death. With a free trial, they should have been ready for 100 million people easy. Looks like it will be a luck thing to get in at the right moment.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah it is breaking under the strain, which any reasonable person knew it would and likely why they released it just a bit ahead of schedule to try and weed out the most die hard of fans wanting to see The Mandalorian.

Wasn't enough I guess.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah but it will just piss off the people trying the free trial. They should have started the service for paid customers only and then introduced the free trial a few weeks later once they had stabilized and established the needed connections for the incoming swarm. The free trial option should have not even existed yet.

Given the popularity of Disney around the world and the free trial, their system could be getting hit with 200 million+ wanting to see it. There are plenty of places in the world where 4-7 dollars a month is too much but free is not.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Logged in this morning to a "Service is not available" message but was still able to browse through the library.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So basically its WoW patch day for Disney. Hopefully they have it fixed by the time I get home (just like WoW).

fris

Vyemm Raider
Same, main menu seems down but you can search and find most anything you know is there. Can't change my profile pic nor and another one yet.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
How do you watch Hulu with this package deal ? Tried to log into Hulu to check it and it didn't work but I can get into Disney + just fine.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I get "something went wrong" quite a bit still but a refresh usually fixes it but I can stream stuff in chrome now.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They must be doing something. It finally came up on my TV. Hopefully by this evening they will have the traffic volume sorted out.

I am a bit surprised that nothing was sent through email about the service being ready. I guess it does not matter but I get stuff from Netflix all the time. I would have thought a one time "We are online" message would have been sent.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea, from the Plex app that's loaded up on any device basically out there in the world? lol

If you're already going through the trouble of getting TV/movies on your computer through whatever means, then having Plex Server parse it and put it into a Netflix'ish type of app is a no brainer.
I couldn't get Plex to work on our FireTV.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
IMG_3341.jpg

I hate being a eurocuck.

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They appear to have fixed it here pretty fast. That might of course change this evening when people get home from work. I like the look of it but agree at the previous comment where the shows lack a preview slide when looking ahead.