Disneyland

The Master

Bronze Squire
Touring Plans | Disney World | Disneyland | Universal Orlando | Disney Cruise Line - Vacation Planning Tools

I highly encourage you to check that out. It is a group that does unofficial statistical analysis of all traffic patterns in the park. It can save you literally hours if you follow one of their routes and the sub comes with an app that does real-time updates if something breaks/changes. It also has years of day by day estimates of park population, which are very accurate. For $8 for a one year subscription (albeit they do subs per park), it is a ridiculous deal.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, we used that app for our trip. It's fucking amazing. It probably literally saved us hours of waiting in line.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was thinking about taking my 4 year old son to Disney sometime in the near future. AAA has an offer right now 6-Night/7-Day Vacation at a Disney hotel for $546 per person $78 a day. We're in the Midwest so flights are going to be hefty. I was thinking about shooting for December I see flights for like $350. From my guestimates for the whole shabang including food it'll be about $2200 for the 2 of us.

Anyone been to the evil empire care to share their experience?
I've booked a December trip for 6 days to Disney World for me and my 2 little girls. It will be right over Christmas (21-27) so the busiest time but I'm going for it. The cost for me so far is about $6,500 for resort and tickets but I'm staying in the Poly resort and using park hopper tickets for all of the days.

Anyway just saying all that to give an idea of what it costs for my option selections when I haven't tried to find any discounts yet. Still have to book my plane though.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Get the wristbands. We do all the time and they're amazing specially for the kids. We had so much ease of mind specially with the kids getting lost or something, plus fastpasses, plus you can charge all your needs to your hotel room (guessing you meant disney polynesian? so it'll work with those).

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, yes and yes. Just found the flight I'm planning on booking. Direct to MCO with free pickup via WDW shuttle for $1000 round trip for 1 adult and 2 kids. Really starting to look forward to the trip.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So today I was eligible to pre-select a few dining plans and already the popular ones are totally booked before and after Christmas. I'm only aiming for 4 character dining meals so as to not overload the kids but even so! I am thinking of downgrading from deluxe dining plan to just regular though.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I did the deluxe plan when I stayed on site and I think where it paid off was by combining meals for the signature meals. LikeFultons Crab House Dinner Menu | Walt Disney World Resortwhere you can reach $100 per person before drinks. But if it's just 1 adult and 2 kids that aren't eating full course meals like adults, I don't think its worth it other than it's a nice psychological help by spending a lot up front and you not taking the cost into consideration when you are having fun. And you don't feel as bad when your kid takes a couple of bites of the $5 cupcake and then doesn't want to finish it
smile.png
Even the basic plan may not really be worth it for you though.

If you sign up for a breakfast you get to enter the park an hour earlier than everyone else. Not that anything is open but it lets you get some nice photos without anyone around. It's like a private park for a bit
smile.png

z2GDIcd.jpg

If you think your kids will want to meet a lot of the characters the photo pass is a pretty nice deal and makes things convenient.

Also you may have read about this but if you are staying on the resort you get to book for meals 180+10 days in advance. This means day 1 you became eligible to book reservations for your first day, there have been people that have had permission to reserve for that same day already 10 days ago. So the days near the end of your trip will have less people that have had a chance to reserve for those days. But with a trip lasting less than 10 days you never get the day 1 reservation chance. So some things like the Cinderella castle diner are going to be reserved way ahead of you being able to reserve.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking about taking my 4 year old son to Disney sometime in the near future. AAA has an offer right now 6-Night/7-Day Vacation at a Disney hotel for $546 per person $78 a day. We're in the Midwest so flights are going to be hefty. I was thinking about shooting for December I see flights for like $350. From my guestimates for the whole shabang including food it'll be about $2200 for the 2 of us.

Anyone been to the evil empire care to share their experience?
7 days in disneyland? That place is tiny, only like 1.5 sq miles. I dont see how you wouldnt do every possible thing there after just 3 days. Disneyworld on the other hand is massive, place is the size of a small city with like a dozen different parks/attractions inside of it. You could easily spend a week there and still have plenty left to enjoy. When I was a kid and visited family in Jacksonville we would also go down to DW and stay at the camp grounds, tons of fun there alone a kid.

I could see doing 7 days if you rented a car and went out and explored southern california(beyond enough to fill 7 days doing that, hell knotts berry farm is literally right down the road from it) but just Disneyland alone? 7 Days would be way overkill.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, if it's not a super busy time of the year (end of December, summer), you could knock out pretty much every single thing at Disneyland in 3 days. If it's busy, 4 days. By then though, you'd probably be sick of it anyway.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did the deluxe plan when I stayed on site and I think where it paid off was by combining meals for the signature meals. LikeFultons Crab House Dinner Menu | Walt Disney World Resortwhere you can reach $100 per person before drinks. But if it's just 1 adult and 2 kids that aren't eating full course meals like adults, I don't think its worth it other than it's a nice psychological help by spending a lot up front and you not taking the cost into consideration when you are having fun. And you don't feel as bad when your kid takes a couple of bites of the $5 cupcake and then doesn't want to finish it
smile.png
Even the basic plan may not really be worth it for you though.

If you sign up for a breakfast you get to enter the park an hour earlier than everyone else. Not that anything is open but it lets you get some nice photos without anyone around. It's like a private park for a bit
smile.png

z2GDIcd.jpg

If you think your kids will want to meet a lot of the characters the photo pass is a pretty nice deal and makes things convenient.

Also you may have read about this but if you are staying on the resort you get to book for meals 180+10 days in advance. This means day 1 you became eligible to book reservations for your first day, there have been people that have had permission to reserve for that same day already 10 days ago. So the days near the end of your trip will have less people that have had a chance to reserve for those days. But with a trip lasting less than 10 days you never get the day 1 reservation chance. So some things like the Cinderella castle diner are going to be reserved way ahead of you being able to reserve.
Thanks. It turns out that moving my trip up by 2 days actually put me into the last day that the free dining special was available. I called them up and they applied it to my entire trip! Took $1,300 off my trip cost! The free dining is only equivalent to the basic dining plan (not the deluxe plan) but I just figure I'll buy any extra dining I need out of pocket

Vinen

God is dead
7 days in disneyland? That place is tiny, only like 1.5 sq miles. I dont see how you wouldnt do every possible thing there after just 3 days. Disneyworld on the other hand is massive, place is the size of a small city with like a dozen different parks/attractions inside of it. You could easily spend a week there and still have plenty left to enjoy. When I was a kid and visited family in Jacksonville we would also go down to DW and stay at the camp grounds, tons of fun there alone a kid.

I could see doing 7 days if you rented a car and went out and explored southern california(beyond enough to fill 7 days doing that, hell knotts berry farm is literally right down the road from it) but just Disneyland alone? 7 Days would be way overkill.
Knotts Berry farm is about 1000x better. Remember going out that way as a Kid and being like. Fuck Disney... take me back the place that makes Jam.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Knotts is a dump, you're fucking crazy.

As far as Disneyland, aside from the fast passes most of the more popular rides have single rider lines. Rides such as Cars have the fast passes gone within 30 minutes of the gates opening and then its like a 2 hour wait. Single rider can be all of 30 minutes and sometimes quicker. Kind of sucks that you can't ride with your kids but better than sitting in line for 2 hours doing nothing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just have a super fat obese family member get a wheelchair. Whoosh skipping to the front all day everyday.

P.s. Yes I've seen this happen at both Land/world. Person was maybe 35 or 40.

Vinen

God is dead
Yeah, if it's not a super busy time of the year (end of December, summer), you could knock out pretty much every single thing at Disneyland in 3 days. If it's busy, 4 days. By then though, you'd probably be sick of it anyway.
Knotts Berry Farms has Roller Coasters with loops which is the only valid metric to judge a theme park by.

(Outside of Disney's Pedo's hired this year)

Jovec

?
Just have a super fat obese family member get a wheelchair. Whoosh skipping to the front all day everyday.

P.s. Yes I've seen this happen at both Land/world. Person was maybe 35 or 40.
Powered wheelchair scooters make up about 20% of the Disneyland guest population, child strollers another 40%.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
You can get an annual pass to Knott's for $100, and they have some pretty awesome rollercoasters. In all other respects, its a shithole. But I still keep my annual pass for both parks since I live 15 minutes from both.

joz123

Potato del Grande
At Disneyland about 90% of the people using the wheelchairs aren't disabled or need one at all and just pay to rent one to get to the front of lines. Really infuriating when you see a group of like 4 teenagers with one in a chair just go to the front and the injured one just jumps out of the chair to get on the ride.

I used to only go to Knotts for christmas time when they were doing the toy drive but they changed it now so you have to buy a toy from the knotts gift-shop and is just stupid.