Disney's "Frozen"

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This comes out in a couple weeks and is a retelling of the Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen. The original teaser trailers focused on the physical comedy of Olaf the snowman and the Sven the reindeer and really did not touch on the overall plot of the film.

Today they released a song from the movie, again featuring Olaf, who is voiced by Josh Gad from The Book of Mormon:

It seems a bit more in the vein of Little Mermaid / Beauty and the Beast than 'Tangled' did, although it shares the CGI style and the 'coolification' of the name from The Snow Queen to 'Frozen'.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Disney has had some pretty good hits in the past couple years after a decade of "meh, I guess it's for the kids" movies.

Tangled and Wreck-it-Ralph were pretty hilarious.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WARNING: Singing

Other than that it was a decent film. Teased a lot of the typical Disney cliches but usually followed through with something more realistic. Not really open ended for any obvious sequels but it's Disney so who knows.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
first half slow, second half awesome. Olaf the snowman was simply hilarious. Its Disney, you know what you are getting.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it was pretty good for a Disney movie. Almost felt like a throwback with all the singing. A lot of funny spots and the kid enjoyed it, which really is the point anyway.

Yea we must be getting old with kids if Disney threads are popping up here.

Pioneer89_sl

shitlord
Had everything for people who like Disney Movies. The singing only seemed forced one time for me, otherwise it flowed really well. They gently pushed the 'Men are stupid and smelly' thing that Disney TV has been on forever. But that's what you get with Disney, and I'm fine with it considering the core audience.

Certain parts of the movie had that 'old-school' Disney flavor, the opening scene with ice-cutters was brilliant.

It had one spot near the end where the theater, full of noisy 3-10 y.o. girls when dead silent.
When the princess finally turns to ice

I liked it, and would recomend. (I saw it in 2D btw.)

Best part:
Christoph's sleigh lying in ruins at the bottom of a 100 ft drop, and then suddenly exploding into a fireball. Me, and about 3 other Dads all laughed hard at that while the women and girls were "what?"

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Not as "adult" like some pixar movies when it comes to the human but traditional Disney like others said above. Besides the "Let It Go" song and the beginning where the two sisters sing back and forth, the rest of the music was pretty bla and seemed like filler. Overall worth seeing for the effects etc, but I wouldn't watch it again.

Caliane

Trailers make this look god awful. I mean just dreadful. the art design terrible.

Yeah, the word I am hearing however is "great movie trapped inside a mediocre one". when its good, its great. however, there is far too much meh. uninspired corporate movie.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

By far the best sequence in the film and kudos to Disney for making a movie where the 'villain' isn't the bad guy. This scene is the lynchpin for the whole film, if it hadn't sold the concept of Elsa and who / what she is then the entire thing would have been a disaster. Also its a damn uplifting song and Idina Menzel is channeling every ounce of her Elpheba performance from Wicked into it.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
3:15

Dat hip movement

dat-ass-original.jpg

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

By far the best sequence in the film and kudos to Disney for making a movie where the 'villain' isn't the bad guy. This scene is the lynchpin for the whole film, if it hadn't sold the concept of Elsa and who / what she is then the entire thing would have been a disaster. Also its a damn uplifting song and Idina Menzel is channeling every ounce of her Elpheba performance from Wicked into it.
I enjoyed the movie and went in with no idea what it was really about. I couldn't place her voice until this song and it hit me, "oh, it's the wicked witch".

I found Olaf endlessly amusing.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Olaf is hilarious, I was actually surprised at the plot twist regarding love interest.. I was expecting the queen to end up with ice seller somehow, my girlfriend claimed she saw it coming from the very beginning...

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I did not see the twist coming. If you go back and listen carefully to "Love is an Open Door" afterwards the song takes on a whole new meaning.

Also no one is gonna be fucking with the kingdom of Arendelle for a good long time hah

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My daughter (6) is all over this movie, as opposed to previous Disney princess movies like Brave or Tangled. She said she wanted the castle for Christmas, which then I go to Amazon and see it's something like $70 bucks.