District 10

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
wtf.gif

WTF!!

I just kinda made that name up on the spot. I had no idea there was a film called Saturday the 14th.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 341675

WTF!!

I just kinda made that name up on the spot. I had no idea there was a film called Saturday the 14th.
you must be a crumb cruncher then, that movie was one of those HBO rerun films back in my day. it played EVERYDAY for like a month.
seriously, i saw that film at least 50 times. its a fun movie. check it out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't much info that I recall, other than they showed up on autopilot, all sick, and Thriller prawn was only one with brains to survive.

If they were just migrants, why the hell would they come back?

Christopher Lloyd Realization GIF
iirc d9 is basically a metaphor for South Africas neighbors flooding into the country and fucking it up.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
District 9 is still one of my favorite movies of all time. Prawns are so hideous to look at, yet they were so well designed overall, and the script and story were very believable and relatable, allowing them to connect with the viewer and be looked at favorably.

The CGI in that film was also incredible. WETA is just too good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
the movie was fine but the apartheid allegory was way too hamfisted. I mean placing the film in South Africa I mean come on. All the aliens sitting around listening to rap and high on drugs. It’s as bad as the will smith fantasy movie where there were Orcs in Fubu clothes with face tattooes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
“Let’s make an alien movie where we use the aliens as a stand in for the Jews in the Holocaust. Where should we set it? Far away land? Space?”

Chick with blue hair: “let’s do it in Germany so it really hits home”....

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
“Let’s make an alien movie where we use the aliens as a stand in for the Jews in the Holocaust. Where should we set it? Far away land? Space?”

Chick with blue hair: “let’s do it in Germany so it really hits home”....

delete this shit before someone in Hollywood sees it

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users